Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

Utley has a history of dirty plays with the Mets, makes a blatant one without even attempting to reach a base resulting in a broken leg and gets rewarded by the umps, very pathetic. Great series so far

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Never was
      Utley has a history of dirty plays with the Mets, makes a blatant one without even attempting to reach a base resulting in a broken leg and gets rewarded by the umps, very pathetic. Great series so far
      I don't think it was that dirty or that he intended to injure Tejada. Tejada should have known Utley would try to break up the double play and acted accordingly. He shouldn't have made that pirouette move to throw to first. If you watch the replay Utley looked like he was trying to touch the bag so he wouldn't be called for interference but he pulled back his hand as he collided with Tejada. If you're a Met fan you're gonna call it dirty but Dodger fans are going to say it was just aggressive base running.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Let's go Mets
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Bob_R
          Let's go Mets
          Break a leg.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            Break a leg.
            That's what the first base coach told Utley when he took off for second base in game two.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• qikgts
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Holy cow! How about them Cubs!
              You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Take 'Em
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2005

Originally posted by qikgts
                Holy cow! How about them Cubs!
                They may have wanted to save the "World Series Celebration" till they get through 2 more best of 7s..........

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Didnt see it but I can only imagine the place went apeshit..hard to blame players for celebrating that win..

Comment

• Take 'Em
                    Head Fluffer
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    Didnt see it but I can only imagine the place went apeshit..hard to blame players for celebrating that win..
                    The players were fine. It was the dipshit fans....

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

If the Dodgers and the Cubs make it to the next round I'd love to see the Dodgers clinch a World Series berth in Chi Town. I got tossed out of Wrigly Field for wearing a Dodger cap in 82 for my own protection because the Dodgers were whipping the Cubs. Before the Raiders came to L A fans of other teams would get away with wearing their teams caps and or jerseys and mocking Dodger fans if we were losing. Dodger fans weren't exactly rabid back then. Most of them left games after the 7th inning stretch whether we were winning or not. Now you're lucky if you make it out of the parking lot in one piece if you get out of line with some of the Dodger fans nowdays.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Take 'Em
                        Head Fluffer
                        • May 2005

[QUOTE=cadaverdog;1894585]If the Dodgers and the Cubs make it to the next round I'd love to see the Dodgers clinch a World Series berth in Chi Town. I got tossed out of Wrigly Field for wearing a Dodger cap in 82 for my own protection because the Dodgers were whipping the Cubs.

Ah yes, the wonderful fans.. This says it all:

I took this and made a little thing, cause Bill is funny and I root for the southside. Check out Bill's Monday Morning Podcast for more!

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I want the Cubs to win it all, just so Back To The Future is right. That would be cool as fuck.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            I want the Cubs to win it all, just so Back To The Future is right. That would be cool as fuck.
                            You actually watched Back To The Future?? I can't believe it.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I did see that movie!

Comment

• Take 'Em
                                Head Fluffer
                                • May 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                What would just as bizarre, would be the Cubs Playing a Canadian Team in Wrigley Field with "Oh Canada" preceding the Anthem....

Comment

Working...