MLB 2014 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Great pick up for the White Sox....especially when you consider that the Sox were getting absolutely no production out of third base before Youkalis. They were in the Bronx a week or two ago.....that team can hit.

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

all star game....yawn

Comment

• fourthcoming

Thank God the All Star crap is done. What a waste of friggin time. It's rediculous how the worst game of the year determines home field in the World series......dumbest thing baseball has ever done.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Agreed. I like that Jeter denounced the home field determination factor on TV. Not that it's going to change anything, but atleast it might put the bug in someone's ear that it's a stupid idea.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Did he really? Good for him.....I didn't watch any of it. Did Mr. " I invented baseball " Larussa even pitch Dickey at all?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, he did a lights out job on the sleeping batters for an inning.

Comment

• fourthcoming

At least Jeets got a hit......that's pretty much all I can say for that lame ass game. Go Yankees

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                  all star game....yawn
                  Did you happen to play for the AL?

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                    Thank God the All Star crap is done. What a waste of friggin time. It's rediculous how the worst game of the year determines home field in the World series......dumbest thing baseball has ever done.
                    Good job N. L. ! However , I'm not too convinced that this is the proper way to determine World Series home field advantage .

I'm happy for Tony Larussa , the second most victorious manager in the history of MLB . You can't deny that he defines baseball success .

Dumbest thing baseball has ever done ? No , that would be denying proven black players entry into the league till the late 1940's .
                    A close second would be the D.H. If you wear a uniform and handle the ball , you should swing the bat as well . The D.H. just allows watered down baseball . At the least , it has provides some players with eroded or inadequate fielding skills to swing the bat and possibly further their careers .
                    Last edited by Green Manalishi; 07-11-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• qikgts
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

I think home field advantage should go to the team with the best record. Plain and simple.

I have no idea why it's never been done that way...

On a different note... WTF happened to the Dodgers? They pretty much fell apart. BTW, the Bombers are still hitting bombs. Fuckin mashers ovadare...
                      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• fourthcoming

C.C. looking good last night.....

Comment

• qikgts
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

And Kuroda tonight...

Comment

• fourthcoming

OOFA......A's did a number on the bombers this weekend. Not a bad team in Oakland.....very scrappy.

Comment

• qikgts
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Yes they did.... Didn't they win every game on a walk off? I guess loosing 4 in a row isn't a big deal when your team is about 20 games over .500...

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Lots of big news!!! Cole resigns with the Phils, Yanks get Ichiro, Dodgers get Hanley! Oh and A Rod goes down for at least 6 weeks...

Comment

Working...