Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qikgts
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

I just now watched the mini-presser he did on the 4th. I'm glad he's taking it in stride and looking forward to coming back.

So the fucking phenom Harper stole home last night! Holy shit, is this kid the real deal or what?
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2005

Watching he brilliance of Matt Kemp has the 2012 Season in awe, it's an honor and makes you wonder how Braun won over him last seasons MVP. Predictions were Angels at top, Dodgers as mediocre and look what happens, Dodgers are free of owner cancer and are looking menacing while Angels play like Padres. Puljos forced day off was fun as he finally connected Sunday, wonder if he will pay off, Weavers no hitter was nice and they have elevated play as a team.
      I always loved O's and having the old smiling oriole logo has them winning in the uniforms of the last O team to wear, Powell, Palmer and Murray when they were Great into the 80's.
      Just a lift having the season start out fun again erasing '11 opening with Brian Stowe beating, Bay area homicide, the tragic rail slip in Arlington and 2 other close ones? Had a hell of an ending how St. Louis burnished away the rough spots with W/C Roll.....2012 MLB has me wanting to go to games again, first time since post strike that it feels fun again. Did not see one last year.

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

I'd like to see more West Coast clubs but here in Florida it's all Marlins and Rays. I do like the Dodgers resurgence and I hope it continues...

The O's as an organization are a class act, Showalter, not so much as far as I'm concerned. I guess everyone has to have their opinion and something to base it on.

Having spent many youthful summers watching old world series films from the 70's with Curt Gowdy and Mel Allen narrating, I grew up appreciating the O's and Dodgers... The Bombers are my club though...

On another topic... A bllod clot has been found in Mo's right calf. He was quoted as saying, "Everything happens for a reason." Maybe a torn ACL and meniscus saved his life. Oh, and Pettitte is slated to get his first start of the year this Sunday...

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

hamilton with 18 total bases yesterday...LOL

Comment

• fourthcoming

Oh boy......so this is what life without Mariano Rivera is gonna be.....now we know how the rest of the league feels. Jeter is great....but mariano is the single most important Yankee over the past 17 yrs.....take that dude away and the Yankees are the Braves of the 90's.

Comment

• qikgts
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chi-town324
              hamilton with 18 total bases yesterday...LOL
              One word... Franchise.

Originally posted by fourthcoming
              Oh boy......so this is what life without Mariano Rivera is gonna be.....now we know how the rest of the league feels. Jeter is great....but mariano is the single most important Yankee over the past 17 yrs.....take that dude away and the Yankees are the Braves of the 90's.
              Frankly, I think Soriano should be the ninth inning guy with Robertson setting up. They both know those roles very well. (It's so easy to manage from behind my keyboard... lol)

I get Robertson is the "Heir Apparent" but he kinda got tossed to the wolves and didn't look great Tuesday night either. I'm not totally surprised though. Being a closer is as much about attitude as it is talent. Hopefully he get's his head around the fact that in the ninth, he pushes the coffin in then kicks on the dirt. He ain't digging holes anymore.

Comment

• qikgts
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

Loogadat... Soriano got the save tonight!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Solid game by C.C. could have had a chance to save the pen and go 9 if "Brooks" Nunez at third could make a play or two in the field. The kid did steal 2 bags, got 2 hits and scored a run. He's not an infielder.....gotta try him at left field....it's not like the Yanks have a powerhouse leftfielder with Andruw Jones and Ibanez filling in for Gardner...who btw is always hurt and is way too streaky to seriously be considered an everyday player. Nunez has an outfielders arm.....he's mentally shot in the infield and you cant have a utility infielder who is a defensive liability. That being said, it was a beautiful night to be at the Stadium last night.....got hooked up with freebie tix and sweet seats on field level. Cano looks like he's slowly getting his stroke back......now if Texiera could bat more than .217 we may be on to something. Kind of depressing though not hearing Sandman blasting and not watching mariano trot out from the pen in person last night.....weird feeling being at the game and no Mo.

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Cano was 4 for 4 tonight and is 12 for his last 20!!
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

And how 'bout Ibanez? This guy is the David Justice of this year's Yankees so far. Gettin' old, but still knows how to get'em out of the park when needed. As opposed to A-rod jacking them out when their up 11-2.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        And how 'bout Ibanez? This guy is the David Justice of this year's Yankees so far. Gettin' old, but still knows how to get'em out of the park when needed. As opposed to A-rod jacking them out when their up 11-2.
                        Ha....great point....I call that Nick Swisher syndrome....and you can throw Texiera into that mix too. They are compilers.....get them up at the plate against good pitching in a meaningful, stressfull situation and their toast. Cano definitely has the stroke back...saw it in person 2 nights ago....he looked great. Ibanez has done everything you can ask of him and more....just hope he stays healthy all year. Tex batting .217? come on dude.....25 million a yr for a .217 hitter? What happened to the Yankees who used to run up pitch counts, and hit singles, doubles and home runs....not JUST home runs. It can't be all or nothing....you can't rely on 3 run home runs come playoff time.....pitching always beats good hitting in the playoffs. That's why pretenders like Swisher always do nothing in the playoffs. That being said, Yanks are starting to come around and play better ball.....it's a long season. BTW.....the other dude we got in the Pineda trade who was in A ball but was supposed to be a stud and was pitching his ass off and was about to skip AA ball and head straight to AAA now has elbow problems.
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

All very true Fourth and that's a bummer about the other Pineda deal pitcher. I thought I heard Kay say something about Cashman's thoughts on whether or not he feels they were dealt damaged goods. In any case, I kind of want the Yanks out of first place for the bulk of the year. Every time they're out in front and on cruise control, they enter the play-offs with a fraction of the fire their opponents have. Their own complacency developed through a killer season always seems to put them to sleep when it matters most. They need to go in fighting and without rest. Like their damn filthy rich lives depend on it!

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

Hamilton just hit another one (18)...8 in the last 4 games

Comment

• qikgts
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chi-town324
                              Hamilton just hit another one (18)...8 in the last 4 games
                              He's "On Fire!" Those tat's on his arms prove it!

Shall we start a "Hamilton Will Hit How Many" poll? I gotta think 60+.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Holy shit..My O's are 22-12..never last

Comment

Working...