Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

We could force them to watch the Twins, even the terrorists would pony up for some drinks.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      Twins fans need to drink.
      Marlins fans started opening day. Imagine, building a stadium with a retractable roof to avoid rain outs, and getting one anyway when the damned thing is left open in a thunderstorm. This is on opening day, similar to the time we ran out of hot dogs. Besides, the fielding blows, the pitching stinks and apparently, nobody can seem to bat their weight.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

The vast majority of baseball fans (mainly in Michigan) just go to a nearby bar and get regular alcoholic beverages & meals before the game, drink from their car, or from whatever flask they were able to sneak in the stadium that day. Those options cost about 75% percent less. You have to be some rich posh douchebag asshole to buy those expensive drinks at the stadium.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
          The vast majority of baseball fans (mainly in Michigan) just go to a nearby bar and get regular alcoholic beverages & meals before the game, drink from their car, or from whatever flask they were able to sneak in the stadium that day. Those options cost about 75% percent less. You have to be some rich posh douchebag asshole to buy those expensive drinks at the stadium.
          No kidding...

Vendor: OK, here's your beer sir, served in a Dixie Cup. That will be $6.50.
          Me: Ummm...what?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don't mind paying the price, but I drink one beer. I'm not like the rest of the population, that can't seem to do anything these days without being wasted.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I don't mind paying the price, but I drink one beer. I'm not like the rest of the population, that can't seem to do anything these days without being wasted.
              Have you actually sat thru a Marlins game this season?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

We have a real baseball team up here.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

We have a real baseball team up here.
                  Lucky you. Our's is made up of department store mannequins operated on rods like a kid's old hockey game.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You're no fun!

In any case, it's hard to get much more than one beer at the Bills/NFL games I've been too recently since everything gets shut down at halftime. I fully support that BTW, with the bounty of giant fucking drunken assholes that seem to attend...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Forget that!

Sticking a fucking pizza slice and a sausage in your drink and charging $19!!??

These people are fucking animals...
                      There seems to be something of an arms race going on at American stadiums as to who can come up with the most gourmet variations of hotdogs, burgers and drinks. It's all about marketing and attention...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        No kidding...

Vendor: OK, here's your beer sir, served in a Dixie Cup. That will be $6.50.
                        Me: Ummm...what?
                        It's $10 or more at a Bills game, but at least it's 16 or even 20oz beers...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Heard something on the radio the other day about some ball parks trying out a "self serve" beer tap that operates pretty much the same way that the self serve soda fountains do at most fast food joints.

One of those things that sounds like a great idea, but might be poor in execution..... mostly because beer costs a lot more than high fructose corn poison, and the only thing that happens to you after refilling your 64 oz Coca Cola cup 12 times is that you really need to piss. Little more problematic with beer, from the legal standpoint.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Heard something on the radio the other day about some ball parks trying out a "self serve" beer tap that operates pretty much the same way that the self serve soda fountains do at most fast food joints.

One of those things that sounds like a great idea, but might be poor in execution..... mostly because beer costs a lot more than high fructose corn poison, and the only thing that happens to you after refilling your 64 oz Coca Cola cup 12 times is that you really need to piss. Little more problematic with beer, from the legal standpoint.
                            I dunno if it's the same thing, but I saw some awesome thing on Bar Rescue, where you pay for something like a chip that entitles you to a limited number of beverage refills. It's almost like getting beer from an Apple store contraption more than a soda fountain. So it is not unlimited, or a soda fountain free-for-all...

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Let's Go Yankees!!!!
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                I dunno if it's the same thing, but I saw some awesome thing on Bar Rescue, where you pay for something like a chip that entitles you to a limited number of beverage refills. It's almost like getting beer from an Apple store contraption more than a soda fountain. So it is not unlimited, or a soda fountain free-for-all...
                                I was at a Disney resort and they have RFID tags in the bottom of the paper cups. The machine reads it and then authorizes the tap. It allows refills for a set period of time then the machine denies the cup.

I thought it was pretty smart.

Originally posted by Bob_R
                                Let's Go Yankees!!!!
                                Always nice to start a series against the Sux with a W.

Oh yeah, Arod tied Mays tonight. Maybe he also started a legal battle to collect $6,000,000 from the Steinbrenners too... Geez. What a (sad?) life.
                                Last edited by qikgts; 05-02-2015, 12:04 AM.
                                You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

Working...