Status
    Oh fuck yeah! sweeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty epic series. I would have liked to see it end different but still.

If I heard it right, I think that was the first time since the 70's that a Yankee team was swept in a 7 game series. I believe it was also the first time since the 20's that the same team eliminated the Bombers (not that were in this one) from the post season in back to back years.

Good luck Tigers! Rep the AL!
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    I would have preferred Yankees, but then, if someone else defeats them, I am fine with that. They won enough times.Won't cry if they miss out on a world series.

I would rather see one of the old-school clubs win it though. Boston, Detroit.....you know...one of those teams that has not moved from city to city....has been in the same place for....say...100 fucking years, lol.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's better than the Yanks being swept in October? gAy-Rod being benched, then striking out in the last game and then being swept in October...

fourthcoming
    Gmen winning another Super bowl is better......Seriously.....Go Tigers. I'll root for them to beat the Cards. Yankees embarrassed themselves. Time to start thinking about rebuilding for the future pronto. Do not make the same mistake with Cano and sign him to a 10 yr deal like they did with Aroid. Trade granderson next year before the contract expires, do not re-sign swisher....he's a gutless puke, and if by some grace of God they can get rid of Alexis Rodriguez......do it. We need a different caliber of players. Too many Yankee fans out there who don't know jack about baseball and only discovered them after 1996. Baseball is not all about home runs. Stop trying to find guys who's swing is "tailor made for the short porch".....it only fucks up their swing and prevents them from hitting to all fields. Just look at Cano and texiera......those guys used to hit to all fields now all they do is try to pull the ball.....Granderson too.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep. O's Tigers series would have actually been fun to watch. I couldn't agree more about how they can't let Cano chicken wing them into a big dumb contract. With any luck at all, perhaps this could signal the end to the A-Rod years earlier than expected.

Big Blue.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well the A's at least tried, so I'll give them an A for effort. The Yankiees looked like they didn't give a fuck. Hopefully every team will think twice before giving a player an A-rod sized contract.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Basically player salaries have jumped the shark. Along with ticket prices.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Congrats to the S. F. Giants ! They beat my Cardinals fair and square . The Me Wise Magic dried up . Sure was fun , though .
    I wish the Giants well . If they go ahead and win the World Series it will take the sting outta losing . I'll just consider it conceding to the new Champ . Cards and Giants have locked horns many times in the post season . Guess it was their turn .

As for the Tigers . I respect the hell outta Jim Leyland . He's a good baseball guy , a friend of Tony LaRussa's and he was a scout for the Cardinals after his reign in Pittsburgh ended .

Gonna be a good one . Too close to call . Once it gets past Verlander vs. the N. L. Champs who are on a mighty roll it's anybody's guess .
    May the best team actually win fair and square .

fourthcoming
    It is true what they say. St. Louis Cardinals fans are the most polite baseball fans in the game.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    It is true what they say. St. Louis Cardinals fans are the most polite baseball fans in the game.
    Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap .

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    Well the A's at least tried, so I'll give them an A for effort. The Yankiees looked like they didn't give a fuck. Hopefully every team will think twice before giving a player an A-rod sized contract.
    Every team does (for the most part)...except the fucking Yankees...fuck them...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

A Miami Clinic Supplies Drugs to Sports' Biggest Names

See also: "The A Rod Files: Every Mention of the Yankees Slugger in Tony Bosch's Records"
    Comments (73) By Tim Elfrink Thursday, Jan 31 2013
    8518297.87.jpg

Open the neat spreadsheet and scroll past the listing of local developers, prominent attorneys, and personal trainers. You'll find a lengthy list of nicknames: Mostro, Al Capone, El Cacique, Samurai, Yukon, Mohamad, Felix Cat, and D.R.

Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins.

The names are all included in an extraordinary batch of records from Biogenesis, an anti-aging clinic tucked into a two-story office building just a hard line drive's distance from the UM campus. They were given to New Times by an employee who worked at Biogenesis before it closed last month and its owner abruptly disappeared. The records are clear in describing the firm's real business: selling performance-enhancing drugs, from human growth hormone (HGH) to testosterone to anabolic steroids.

Interviews with six customers and two former employees corroborate the tale told by the patient files, the payment records, and the handwritten notebooks kept by the clinic's chief, 49-year-old Anthony Bosch.

Bosch's history with steroids also adds credence to the paperwork. The son of a prominent Coral Gables physician named Pedro Publio Bosch, he was connected with banned substances when slugger Manny Ramirez was suspended for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy in 2009. At the time, MLB confirmed the Drug Enforcement Administration was probing the father and son for allegedly providing Ramirez with HCG, a compound often used at the tail end of steroid cycles.

The Bosches were never charged with a crime. Both Pedro and Anthony Bosch failed to respond to a hand-delivered letter and then, reached on their cell phones, declined to speak with New Times. The nine athletes and one coach named in this article didn't respond to emails and phone calls seeking comment, but when New Times began asking questions last week, sources leaked information to the New York Daily News and ESPN to soften the blow.

MLB issued this statement responding to questions about the Bosches: "We are always extremely disappointed to learn of potential links between players and the use of performance-enhancing substances and have been active in the issues that have emerged in South Florida... [B]anned substances... have no place in our game."

Taken as a whole, New Times' three-month investigation into Biogenesis adds fuel to the raging national debate over the role of steroids and HGH in sports. It follows an embarrassing Hall of Fame election that saw no steroid-era stars enshrined and comes just weeks after cycling star Lance Armstrong described to the Oprah Network his own chemical cheating. Now, as baseball teams head to spring training under a tougher new policy, the Biogenesis records affirm that the war on doping has been as futile as the War on Drugs.

"In general, almost every drug these records describe coming from this clinic is well-known in the world of illegal doping," says Dr. Gary Wadler, a past chairman of World Anti-Doping Agency's Prohibited List and Methods Sub-Committee, after listening to a description of the records.

The story of how Anthony Bosch built the East Coast version of BALCO — the notorious California lab that provided baseball greats such as Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds with steroids — doesn't just shine a harsh light on America's drug-addled pro sports. It also makes clear that federal crackdowns have done little to police anti-aging clinics, which earn millions annually from average citizens wanting to look younger and from elite athletes seeking an edge.

"Anti-aging clinics contend their services are legal because they are treating aging as a disease. Therefore, they'll tell you, testosterone is a medical necessity for aging adults, as is human growth hormone in some cases," says Shaun Assael, author of Steroid Nation, a book about the history of performance-enhancing drugs in competition. "But that's an argument that's already been litigated in sports."

(After publication, Alex Rodriguez and Gio Gonzalez denied use of performance-enhancing drugs and involvement with Biogenesis.)

Link: Miami New Times

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A-Rod......this moron's name is coming up AGAIN as being linked to some South beach company that produces HGH and other performance enhancing drugs. Just go away already Alex......hopefully the Yankees have seen the last of this clown.
    You said it bro. I hope he never plays another game for the Yankees again. I understood in 2009. Now this would just make him an all out pathological liar.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_R View Post
    You said it bro. I hope he never plays another game for the Yankees again. I understood in 2009. Now this would just make him an all out pathological liar.
    What drove me nuts in '09 was his soulless press conference. He looked like a kid making a poor attempt to explain to his angry Dad why he got sent to the office. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I was young and stupid". The dude was a seasoned veteran of the game by the time he hit Texas. He was stupid alright, but not young. I hope he chokes on his fucking money.

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The scent of baseball is in the air, not that it means anything yet but still... I love the smell pine tar, fresh cut grass and a hint of popcorn!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    The scent of baseball is in the air, not that it means anything yet but still... I love the smell pine tar, fresh cut grass and a hint of popcorn!
    I hear ya qikgts , I hear ya . Can't wait ! I've been following Spring Training games trying to get a feel for what to expect . Still way early though and I know the sole purpose of these games is for coaches and management to evaluate . In the N.L. Central it's gonna be a dogfight between my Cardinals and the Reds again .
    Countin' down the days.........

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep, still another few weeks until I really pay attention. The Nats train just down the road from my house, like 3 miles away, and today they were playing Houston. I didn't stop but it's easy to see guys during BP/doing drills/taking ground balls on other fields right from the road. Starting to get jazzed!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Awww shit! USA just gave Canada a 9-4 smackdown and move to the next round of the WBC.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Pine tar is great until someone puts it in your jock strap. It doesn't wash off and man does it heat.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The next round of the World Baseball Classic is going to be a pain in the ass. Fuckin' Puerto Rico and The Dominican Republic are the same Pool with the USA.

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    2 mo daze and it's Yanks/Red Sox for realz yo...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Opening day couldn't get here fast enough . Been salivating for this one since last late - October .
    One week from today is the holiest of all days for Cardinal Nation .
    Can't wait for the start of the 121st. season in St. Louis . Looking forward to a 11th. division title , a 19th. pennant , and a 12th. World Series Championship . Go Cards ! Play ball !

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lackluster start for the (might as well have been) split squad Yanks today...

Harper and Strasburg both had a hell of a day today for the Nats!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yankees rebuilding should be great news for the Twins.

Now if we only had some pitching.

Damnit!
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uhh, I think we need a thread with a 2013 in the title. This is going to make start dating checks wrong.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll trade ya Phil Hughes for joe Mauer.....
    We don't have any pitching because we resigned Mauer!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We'll give you Joba for a six pack of Schlitz.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    We'll give you Joba for a six pack of Schlitz.
    A sixer of Schlitz and a pound of back bacon - PLUS a new set of tires for the grounds crew's mower and you got yourself a deal.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joba is about 300 lbs. of bacon, but I'll throw in the tires 'cause you're a good guy.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Yanks finished in last place.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Yanks finished in first place.

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How about fuckin' Yu? (lol, I crack myself up)

Almost perfect and he ties Nolan for most K's by a Ranger in a game!

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joba is about 300 lbs. of bacon
    And 1.5 lbs of facial hair...

He needs a 9 pitch limit for every outing and some of that crap Rollie Fingers used on his stache and the ball...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joba is about 300 lbs. of bacon, but I'll throw in the tires 'cause you're a good guy.
    That trade isn't too far off the mark for the Twinkies these days. Gone are the good old days of of occasional decent pitching. When Radke retired and they foolishly traded Santana (and Joe Nathan, and Pat Neshek, and...) they've been cursed with mediocre arms on the hill.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    That trade isn't too far off the mark for the Twinkies these days. Gone are the good old days of of occasional decent pitching. When Radke retired and they foolishly traded Santana (and Joe Nathan, and Pat Neshek, and...) they've been cursed with mediocre arms on the hill.
    That sucks. Least you guys got a nice new park.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Too bad I can't afford to take the family to go see it...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Too bad I can't afford to take the family to go see it...
    Same here. With cheap seats, gas, parking and eats, we're easily looking at a $300 - $400 day. For a baseball game, thats absurd. I bring my family to minor league games. Way less expensive and every seat in the house is a good one.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Used to be able to get $8 tix at the Metrodome and take the fam on dollar dog night. Now that's do-able. I will pay $50 for three hours of entertainment. Average night out at Target Field is about $250, and that's an Extra-Valu game in the nosebleeds.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good Ol' Andy Pettite......guy always stops the bleeding
    With injections of HGH?

Thread Information