Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motherchicken
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by qikgts
    Lots of big news!!! Cole resigns with the Phils, Yanks get Ichiro, Dodgers get Hanley! Oh and A Rod goes down for at least 6 weeks...
    Good for Ichiro. The Mariners showed no respect for the guy for not defending him against the comments Buehner was making. Ichiro did much for that club. He deserved at least a we'd like to keep him let's see if we can work something out. Fuck Boner. Even if he felt that way his comments showed about as much class as Clyde Drexlers recent comments about Magic Johnson. None.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

I took off a half day from work to go watch the Cardinals vs. the Dodgers at Busch Stadium .
      My Cards won 7 - 4 and took 3 outta 4 from the Dodgers . They are still in it and it looks like it's
      gonna come down the wire once again in the N.L. Central .

Interesting stat : The Cards and Dodgers have played eachother 2,010 times .
      The Cards have won 1,004 games , the Dodgers were victorious in 1,006 games .

Comment

• motherchicken
        • Nov 2009

I was watching baseball highlights today and saw where the commisioner is considering using instant replay for trapped ball catches and foul line calls. I don't see how that would work. The players are gonna react by the call on the field. What would they do in the event of a bad call? I think instant replay might work on close baserunning calls but that's about it.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

I agree. How do you fix a bad call in most of these cases?

How about when guys dive into the stands and don't catch the ball?
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• motherchicken
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
            I agree. How do you fix a bad call in most of these cases?

How about when guys dive into the stands and don't catch the ball?
            If you try to catch a foul ball touch it and then drop it is it a live ball? Can you tag up and advance after a foul ball is caught in the air?

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by motherchicken
              If you try to catch a foul ball touch it and then drop it is it a live ball? Can you tag up and advance after a foul ball is caught in the air?
              No if you drop it its just a foul ball and runners can not advance . But if you catch it you may advance .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yanks are 3-8 in their last 11 games. These are the things baseball teams have to deal with since it is such a long season. Luckily they were way out in front so they are still in good shape.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• qikgts
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

For the Yankees sake, they took 2 of 4 from Detroit. Now just a 5.5 game lead they have over the O's since KC beat them tonight...

Anyone see the call in the NYY vs Detroit game today that led to Girardi getting tossed and leading to the game being played under protest? I saw the clip. A weak fly ball was hit to left field and it landed kicking up some chalk. From Girardi's prospective, he claimed the 3rd base umpire called the ball foul then changed his mind and signaled it fair causing the left fielder (Ibanez) to pull up on it and then have to go full speed again. The mishap may have led to the, at the time, go ahead run scoring. In the end it didn't matter because Mark Teixeira and Eric Chavez hit back-to-back home runs giving the Yankees the lead and eventual win... It was fun to watch Girardi lose his shit and get run though...
                  You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Its fuckin' neck to neck between the Tigers and the White Sox, holy shit!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Was at the Yankee game last night. Casey McGehee got up to the plate with Unchained blasting. Love hearing that song at a game. Tino Martinez used to bat to that tune, back when the old stadium sound system was a stack of car speakers.

Comment

• qikgts
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Was at the Yankee game last night. Casey McGehee got up to the plate with Unchained blasting. Love hearing that song at a game. Tino Martinez used to bat to that tune, back when the old stadium sound system was a stack of car speakers.
                        Good to know McGehee is a classic VH fan albeit a little younger than most...

How bout King Felix going perfect! I'm so glad it was against the Rays too!
                        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Good to know McGehee is a classic VH fan albeit a little younger than most...
                          Just looked up his age. 29. Born in '82. God, this getting old is for the birds.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

How bout King Felix going perfect! I'm so glad it was against the Rays too!
                            Couldn't happen to a better guy, either. He's all about the team, and I think he genuinely wants to stay here. It would certainly be nice if we could keep him. I'm more than a bit tired of our best players always getting traded away.

All Hail the King!
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Couldn't happen to a better guy, either. He's all about the team, and I think he genuinely wants to stay here. It would certainly be nice if we could keep him. I'm more than a bit tired of our best players always getting traded away.

All Hail the King!
                              Great pitcher. Is he a free agent after this season?
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Comment

Working...