Thread: David Lee Roth Exits Van Halen: Wake-Up Video . Bleh MTV.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

David Lee Roth Exits Van Halen: Wake-Up Video . Bleh MTV.

But I wish the guy all the best! Although some facts wrong....still he knows which musician to post!

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/04/01/d...ves-van-halen/
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SunisinuS View Post
    But I wish the guy all the best! Although some facts wrong....still he knows which musician to post!

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/04/01/d...ves-van-halen/
    interesting mix of fact and fiction.....

reporters....bleh!
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    With Ronald McHagar, they were bigger than ever? What? Dave got them to the peak and fat boy road that roller coaster car straight to the bottom of howdy doody mountain. Fuck face has done so much lying that some douche bags actually believe the shit he spews. Fuck Hagar and Fuck that entire time period of the band. I have two teenage girls and they have been exposed to some very good music growing up, but still have there own taste and interests, but anytime I have MWM or CGTSNM in the car on best of, I will throw on a Hagar tune to get some kind of response and it is always the same. They don't know Van Halen from that time period, they have heard that cheesy eighties music from the radio, and didn't even know it was VH. Diamond Dave, they KNOW that is Van Halen and can sing all the lyrics to quite a few of the songs.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lazy journalism.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    Lazy journalism.
    You said it bro, but you only hit the tip of the iceberg. The fact is, this dimwit Kyle Anderson simply recreated pretty much the same blog post he offered on that site in January, including the same clip of "Unchained": Van Halen Begin The End: Wake-Up Video

By the way, this is the same wanker that offered this "insightful" article late last year, and had his ass handed to him in the comments section of the MTV site, as well as here at the ARMY:

An Open Letter To Van Halen: Please Do Not Make An Album

ROTH ARMY REACTION TO "An Open Letter To Van Halen: Please Do Not Make An Album"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You said it bro, but you only hit the tip of the iceberg. The fact is, this dimwit Kyle Anderson simply recreated pretty much the same blog post he offered on that site in January, including the same clip of "Unchained": Van Halen Begin The End: Wake-Up Video

By the way, this is the same wanker that offered this "insightful" article late last year, and had his ass handed to him in the comments section of the MTV site, as well as here at the ARMY:

An Open Letter To Van Halen: Please Do Not Make An Album

ROTH ARMY REACTION TO "An Open Letter To Van Halen: Please Do Not Make An Album"
    Hi mate! Yeah I don't know why he has so little faith in what Eddie and Dave can come up with. Maybe he's just jaded by all the years of mediocrity since Dave left.

He needs to remember this is a whole new dynamic.

I am extremely positive about what they can do and will be surprised if this new album is anything less than very good. I mean these two guys formed one of the most influential songwriting partnerships in hard rock history so why not have high expectations.

And I can't believe he thinks MWM and CGTSNM are no good. I still crank those out! Maybe not CVH but pretty good.

And just because a journo is reporting on a lighter subject such as music, rather than public affairs or politics, it's no excuse to not do basic fact checking.
    Last edited by Halen High; 04-01-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually just posted it because he put '81 unchained in as the theme song. Sorry, I will buy any person who post's that a beer. Fucking the song of my life.

"Bono wants to save the world....we only want to save 100 cities".

DLR 2007.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-01-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Everybody Up! All I wanna know is.....Who's coming with me?

Medium Pimpin
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always feel the same way when this comes up and have said many times I believe Sammy Hagar is the Steve Young of music. Neither put any sweat into building anything. They both rode the coat tails of their successful predecessors. Sure they had some success by any ones definition but were both exposed for their mediocrity. Yeah, each group carried on but it was never the same and damn sure was NEVER for the better. I never understood the comparisons either. How could anyone compare the different eras anyway? I mean, its like comparing a dirigible to an SR-71. Which one would you rather take a ride in? Personally, I'd rather be pinned back in my seat screaming, "HOLY SHIT"!! than looking up the leg of Sammy's capri pants.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stringfelowhawk View Post
    I always feel the same way when this comes up and have said many times I believe Sammy Hagar is the Steve Young of music. Neither put any sweat into building anything. They both rode the coat tails of their successful predecessors. Sure they had some success by any ones definition but were both exposed for their mediocrity. Yeah, each group carried on but it was never the same and damn sure was NEVER for the better. I never understood the comparisons either. How could anyone compare the different eras anyway? I mean, its like comparing a dirigible to an SR-71. Which one would you rather take a ride in? Personally, I'd rather be pinned back in my seat screaming, "HOLY SHIT"!! than looking up the leg of Sammy's capri pants.
    Lol I'd buy that T-shirt. It doesn't have "Tad Nugent" on it though does it?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Never mind
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-03-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The VH newsdesk is a joke at the best of times.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bug View Post
    The VH newsdesk is a joke at the best of times.....
    That is not only untrue, it is pretty unfair as well. Besides, this thread is about the MTV site.

Thread Information