Thread: Templeman, Landee & Angelus

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

Templeman, Landee & Angelus

Any idea what is going on with these three guys? I know Ted is up there in years, so he may have passed. Any news on these 3 would be interesting. I know Angelus was producing Black Crowes in '01 and working on a reality music show in 2002, but haven't heard a thing since. And Landee, I haven't heard one thing about.
    Any info is appreciated.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    According to allmusic.com, Ted is only 59 years old, still a young chap. Don't know how old Landee and Pete are.

diamond den™
    I only care about two things......

TITTIES AND BEER
    TITTIES AND BEER
    TITTIES AND BEER
    TITTIES AND BEER
    TITTIES AND BBER
    TITTIES AND BEER

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always wondered if Angelus left Dave or if Dave left Angelus. I thought they were a good team when it came to those videos.

Does Dave mention him in the book? I can't remember.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Saw in another post where Ed is trashing Donn in the new Guitar World interview and praising his own "new, correct" way of recording himself.

Boy, does he need a heavy dose of reality... now more than ever.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Landee engineered some of the greatest VH music we have come to love. When landee walked out or lost control of mixing, thats when Ed had the worlds revolve around HIS head.
    Angelus and Dave were tight, so it surprises me that there is no working relationship between them.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by RogueHorseman
    Saw in another post where Ed is trashing Donn in the new Guitar World interview and praising his own "new, correct" way of recording himself.

Yeah he said that now he is getting the sound he always wanted because he is in control. No wonder it sounds so shit. Ed, you can be a
    great guitarist again, concentrate on this, this is your number one priority. Leave the sound production to those that are great at their chosen skill.
    Ed's engineering is about as good as his current guitar skills...
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

guwapo_rocker

Ed needs a heavy dose of AntiBuse!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would say that the sound on ME WISE MAGIC is unbeatable. But otherwise, Donn Landee was amazing for VH's sound. Just listen to FAIR WARNING or something like TOP JIMMY from 1984. Just an amazing sound. In fact, that's why I wonder why the sound was so lost on the two Hagar albums Landee engineered. On 5150, the drums sound kinda weak and the guitar tone is crap. On OU812, the guitar tone is much better but the bass and the kick drum are history.

Not only are the six original VH albums far superior to anything else they did but they also sound a lot better.

Ed's so lost in the clouds. I don't remember UP FOR BREAKFAST or LEARNING TO SEE enough (only heard them once each), but IT'S ABOUT TIME makes VH III sound like a Roy Thomas Baker production (the guy who produced Bohemian Rhapsody...now that's amazing producing).
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Templeman kept Ed in check the first six albums, to tell you the truth. Ed was probably intimidated by Ted.

BTW, Roy Thomas Baker is a great producer. Did the Cars first five albums as well. Those sound fantastic.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    I think Templeman kept Ed in check the first six albums, to tell you the truth. Ed was probably intimidated by Ted.

BTW, Roy Thomas Baker is a great producer. Did the Cars first five albums as well. Those sound fantastic.
    Yeah, the CARS' albums sound awesome. That first album has such a cool drum sound...listen to the toms on YOU'RE ALL I GOT TONIGHT. Great stuff!!

diamond den™

Roy Thomas Baker also produced Albums for Queen and Journey.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed's new guitar tone is terrible. Listening to his recent interviews, proves
    that years of alcohol and substance abuse have distorted his sense of reality. DLR was right he isn't happy unless he is unhappy. Him and Landee made a great team in the studio. Follow the old motto- IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed broke his marriage. His band. His son's diet.

The guy's a fucking idiot.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head on both counts.

Comparing the sound Baker got out of the Cars to what Ted and Don got out of VH on 1984 is a dead ringer.

For example, Alex's sound peaked on 1984, no two ways about it. Truly legendary stuff, and he has never came close to matching it. Not only in playing ability on the sticks, but the overall recorded sound.

I think Eddie sounded his absolute best on FW as far as tone and that fat, so-called "brown sound" but 1984 was in the same vein.

Ted was an absolute vital part of the package, too... Go listen to the "Zero" demos and compare them to VH1 for the proof.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head on both counts.

Comparing the sound Baker got out of the Cars to what Ted and Don got out of VH on 1984 is a dead ringer.

For example, Alex's sound peaked on 1984, no two ways about it. Truly legendary stuff, and he has never came close to matching it. Not only in playing ability on the sticks, but the overall recorded sound.

I think Eddie sounded his absolute best on FW as far as tone and that fat, so-called "brown sound" but 1984 was in the same vein.

Ted was an absolute vital part of the package, too... Go listen to the "Zero" demos and compare them to VH1 for the proof.
    Oh, I agree. But I also gotta say that I really like the sound on the ZERO demos. Hearing Ed's solos double-tracked is really very cool.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    Oh, I agree. But I also gotta say that I really like the sound on the ZERO demos. Hearing Ed's solos double-tracked is really very cool.
    Oh, me too! It's raw and rockin' to the bone.

Have been spinning that in the ride the last week, in fact.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
    Ed's new guitar tone is terrible. Listening to his recent interviews, proves
    that years of alcohol and substance abuse have distorted his sense of reality. DLR was right he isn't happy unless he is unhappy. Him and Landee made a great team in the studio. Follow the old motto- IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!
    Why don't more members hear this, as well, Ultraman? I couldn't have said it better.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, me too! It's raw and rockin' to the bone.

Have been spinning that in the ride the last week, in fact.
    Same here! It's like another entire VH album. I've played it three times in the car this week!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Templeman intimidating Ed? I doubt it. If you believe Al, Diver Down was Ted and Dave's record....and they all hated it. It's in big bold leatters on the back of all the records most of us love.
    "Produced by Ted Templeman"
    Creating benchmarks through the proper use of cheeseburgers and joints.....Viva la Templeman.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    Same here! It's like another entire VH album. I've played it three times in the car this week!!
    Absolutely!

Zero, VH, VHII, WACF, FW, DD, 1984... AND, with the exception of a few cheese whiz tracks and the full inclusion/thankful acceptance of a couple of new tracks- BOV1.

The six pack, with a couple of really cool riders, makes for eight to rock on!!

Thread Information