Thread: FAUX "News" dumps the Glenn BecKKK show!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,285 Times in 4,714 Posts

Exclamation FAUX "News" dumps the Glenn BecKKK show!

April 6, 2011, 12:37 pm
    Glenn Beck to End Daily Fox News Program
    By BRIAN STELTER

Glenn Beck will end his daily Fox News Channel program later this year.

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement.

As expected, a senior Fox News executive, Joel Cheatwood, will join Mr. Beck at Mercury Radio Arts starting later this month.

The joint statement did not specify an end date for Mr. Beck’s show, called “Glenn Beck,” which has been telecast at 5 p.m. on Fox News since early 2009. Asked if Fox News had a rough end date for “Glenn Beck,” a spokeswoman referred back to the statement. Mr. Beck’s contract with Fox ends in December.

The statement was briefly posted on The Blaze, a Web site owned by Mr. Beck, but it was then taken down. Representatives for Fox and Mr. Beck did not immediately explain why.

Mr. Beck is a hugely popular figure on Fox News, averaging 2.2 million viewers each weekday, though his ratings have fallen somewhat in the last year. He is beloved by his fans for speaking out against what he sees as threats from progressives. His opponents — and there are many — condemn him for his conspiratorial views and apocalyptic predictions.

Almost immediately after Mr. Beck’s announcement, the progressive group Media Matters for America, which combats Fox on a daily basis, said it was “no surprise” that he was leaving, given that many advertisers had shunned Mr. Beck’s show ever since he labeled President Obama a racist in the summer of 2009. (Fox said that the advertisers simply moved over to other programs on the network.)

Color of Change, the group that spearheaded an advertiser boycott of Mr. Beck, asserted that the program lost “over 300 advertisers.” James Rucker, the executive director of the group, said in a statement, “Fox News Channel clearly understands that Beck’s increasingly erratic behavior is a liability to their ratings and their bottom line, and we are glad to see them take this action.”

Mr. Beck has been contemplating an exit from Fox for some time. Two of the post-Fox options he has considered, according to people who have spoken about it with him, are a partial or wholesale takeover of a cable channel, or an expansion of his subscription video service on the Web. His company has been staffing up — making Web shows, some of which have little or nothing to do with Mr. Beck, and charging a monthly subscription for access to the shows.

Mr. Beck also hosts a syndicated radio show in the morning. He was estimated to earn about $32 million in total revenues in 2009, the first year that he worked at Fox.

In the statement on Wednesday, Mr. Beck said he would be starting a “new phase” of a partnership with Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News,” he said.

Mr. Ailes said in the statement, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

link
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 2 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (04-06-2011),Unchainme (04-06-2011)

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Felt this was appropriate for this thread.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Unchainme for this KICKASS post:

FORD (04-06-2011)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

If Jon Boner is his guest on the last show, I'm buying stock in Kleenex.

Adios, fuckwad!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,285 Times in 4,714 Posts

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Mr. Beck is a hugely popular figure on Fox News, averaging 2.2 million viewers each weekday, though his ratings have fallen somewhat in the last year. He is beloved by his fans for speaking out against what he sees as threats from progressives. His opponents — and there are many — condemn him for his conspiratorial views and apocalyptic predictions.
    If he's popular at all it's due to the fringe audience Fox creates and Beck capitalizes off of. I've been saying all along Beck has a psychiatric disorder that is so self-evident that the suits at Fox must have taken notice. Plus to say he quit is a downright lie. He was fired. When Beck starts to lose income for Fox due to numerous commercial/advertizes pulls and contract breeches the suits take more severe notice of that, too.

Glenn Beck is the proverbial train wreck of perpetual idiocy in America. People don't watch him to be informed, people watch him to have something to mock. Constantly basing predictions and unhinged conspiratorial theories on surmise and little history do not make one a wise man. Instead, he makes up for his shortcomings on fear and well, just being retarded. I'm sure he'll milk this for what's it's worth blaming progressives and sold-out right wingers on his demise pulling bullshit censorship issues right out of his fat ass all conspiratorial-like Look for him to disappear for a while and then pop back up like the weasel he is on some basic cable channel where he and his followers can amuse themselves to death.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It was amusing, a few days a go he was rambling about the Railway Strikes of 1877, and claiming how that supposedly that this was proof that Union members were all violent communists, and that this was a presidence.

only one thing..he got the story COMPLETELY WRONG

And mind you, disclaimer, I am not a union-guy, I am very libetarian..but I am currently taking a history course and we actually covered this quite in depth, and the story goes a little something like this:

I
    n the wake of the Panic of 1873, a bitter antagonism between workers and the leaders of industry developed. By 1877, 10% wage cuts, distrust of capitalists and poor working conditions led to a number of railroad strikes that prevented the trains from moving. This antagonism lingered well after the depression ended in 1878-79, eventually erupting into the labor unrest that marked the following decades and that eventually led to the birth of labor unions in the United States.
    oh, but yes, the strikers were the real atanognists in this, those big business types would never..

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania became the site of the worst violence. Thomas Alexander Scott of the Pennsylvania Railroad, often considered one of the first robber barons, suggested that the strikers should be given "a rifle diet for a few days and see how they like that kind of bread." However, local law enforcement officers refused to fire on the strikers.
    Pretty damn stupid. Sort of the reason I can't stand him in that regard. He tries to potray himself as some professor of history, and he twists into his own right-wing version of america. The founding fathers would have lined up to kick his ass.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Right wing radio/talk is dying a little in America which you would think to be good news. Could be their audience is starting to gain some perspective in that they read their books, bought the CD's. went to the shows, loyally listened to their radio shows in order to have some (false) hope that morons like Beck push. Truth is, Beck's audience are still without a job, food on the table, or hope that their children will see a brighter future. Meanwhile, Beck & Co. go to the bank with smiles on their faces bigger than their asscracks. That, if anything, is what disturbs me the most about these people.

10. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (04-06-2011)

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Right wing radio/talk is dying a little in America which you would think to be good news. Could be their audience is starting to gain some perspective in that they read their books, bought the CD's. went to the shows, loyally listened to their radio shows in order to have some (false) hope that morons like Beck push. Truth is, Beck's audience are still without a job, food on the table, or hope that their children will see a brighter future. Meanwhile, Beck & Co. go to the bank with smiles on their faces bigger than their asscracks. That, if anything, is what disturbs me the most about these people.
    It also could be that their audience is very very old. Kind of hard to maintain an audience when they keep dying all the time. And who the f*** under age 30 listens to the AM band anyway?

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

At the start of his show on FOX, Beck was mildly entertaining. But now watching his show is like sitting through that 1 class we all had in college that's in some crappy dark classroom at the far end of the campus, and the professor just rambles on & on while we struggle to stay awake by doodling on our notebooks. No chance we are actually paying attention to the guy.

His show now is almost like some 3 am public access show of a guys random thoughts of who is out to get us.

Unwatchable.

Maybe he & Olbermann can co-host something like a Crossfire type show? Now that might be good TV.

But in the last 2 years while on FOX, Glenn Beck has made himself a fortune. Dude could just go away & live wealthy on some Caribbean island now. That's what I would do.

13. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (04-06-2011)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The last thing Beck did on his show that was amusing was when he tossed that frog into the boiling water. (fake frog)

But that could be the pinpoint of when he jumped the shark. There's just no shock value anymore.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have no words.

16. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

sadaist (04-06-2011)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

HAHAHAHA! Yeah!

I was watching that when it happened with my mom. We were both talking out loud to the TV..."Don't do it....don't do it......AWWW WTF!"

Side note.....me and my stepson used to collect the frogs after rainstorms when they flush out on to the street & take them up to my moms property where we have a small pond set up for them. At night it sounds like the fucking bayou in her backyard. Our best day was 17 of those little fuckers. If we don't take them up there, they end up smashed dead on the streets here. Nothing like waking up your mom with a 2 am phone call "hey, can we bring up a bucket of frogs?"

Anyways, that's when I stopped watching Beck.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Here's my best Beck moment. He is clearly insane.

Did he run out of things to obfuscate, lie about or just plain make up?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    If you look up Beck's old videos and compare them to his current stuff he's all over the radar. He's also a gutless wonder. He went on The View and those bitches tore him to shreds and he totally caved in to them. But then when you get caught lying and get called out on it, there isn't much you can do. But then there are three types of people who convert to the Mormon church. 1) People who want to take advantage of the church welfare or mooch off the members. 2) Insane needy people who are just happy as hell that some missionaries gave them the time of day. 3) People who fell head over heals in love with a Mormon and love outweighs good sense. 4) People who actually believe in the shit. This of course is the small minority of people. I would say Glen signed up for love and he was also the insane needy type who needed a pack of supporting other crazy people to run with.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Most real conservatives are still at work or coming home when he's on. Unlike the welfare-state liberals.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've been saying all along Beck has a psychiatric disorder that is so self-evident that the suits at Fox must have taken notice.
    I'll take your word on that. I guess you'd recognize a psycho, nutso, schizo person when you see them, huh?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Most real conservatives are still at work or coming home when he's on. Unlike the welfare-state liberals.
    Half our family on my dad's side are Democrats. They were hard working people. They believed in a living wage and earning it and felt the Democratic party protected the living wage. Maybe in some cases it did but that was the old school Democratic Party. I would say both parties are corrupt and care more about the big money than the average person anymore. I think what they did in the name of affordable healthcare was deplorable. They really duped the Democratic voting base on that one and should be hung from the rafters for their deception. What amazes me is why aren't they hanging Obama over his Bush like behavior and actions? If it was a Republican going to war in Libya with no congressional approval, the Democrats would be screaming like hot wieners on a BBQ.

There's no substance to it at all anymore. It's like watching pro wrestling. Actually, there is more substance to pro wrestling than politics anymore. It's not even issues. It's picking your favorite team and waiving the team banner.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Half our family on my dad's side are Democrats. They were hard working people. They believed in a living wage and earning it and felt the Democratic party protected the living wage. Maybe in some cases it did but that was the old school Democratic Party.
    My next door neighbor is extremely liberal and actually helped to get me two jobs. I have a ton of respect for him.

Nothing wrong with the Kennedy/Roosevelt Democrats, Blue collar hard working, fought for workers rights, and overall good people.

I would love to see a party emerge that was similiar to those sorts in values, not in the California garbage out there.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Attached Images Attached Images

26. Thanked Blaze for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (04-07-2011)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    I'll take your word on that. I guess you'd recognize a psycho, nutso, schizo person when you see them, huh?
    You mean would I recognize you in public? Unfortunately.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I callled this one right just like I called ground troops in Libya...

Wanna bet on the number of days until troops are sent in ??

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    My next door neighbor is extremely liberal and actually helped to get me two jobs. I have a ton of respect for him.

Nothing wrong with the Kennedy/Roosevelt Democrats, Blue collar hard working, fought for workers rights, and overall good people.

I would love to see a party emerge that was similiar to those sorts in values, not in the California garbage out there.
    My parents are/were both Democrats. Hard-working people...my Dad was in the UAW for 30 years making transmission parts for D10 tractors at Caterpillar. They both feel that the Democratic Party has abandoned people like them....honest, hardworking people who believe that everyone should work, not just sit around in their government housing and collect welfare.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You mean would I recognize you in public? Unfortunately.
    I'd recognize you too: the skanky barfly hanging out in the corner trucker bar waiting to get paid...and going nuts.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just caught beck on O RLY? tonight.

He kept trashing Teddy Roosevelt as a progressive and socialist, and then went onto to endorse Santorum and Bachmann as being Lincoln/Washington like and people with conscience..

...what a fucking idiot...

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, Michelle Bachmann might have something in common with Mary Lincoln, if you believe the rumors about Abe (ask a Log Cabin Republican, if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's where they got their name)

33. Thanked Satan for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (11-29-2011)

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just thanked Satan, am I going to hell now?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You say that as if it were a bad thing?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remember that time that Atth Diamond tried to post as Satan on Warham's site?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now there's one soul I wouldn't buy, even with a 66.6% discount!

Thread Information