Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
        Good work. Do Dalbello next:
        Originally posted by Unchainme
        STFU steve.
        About Dalbello...Try a Google search for the album Whomanfoursays. For one thing, there is the album artwork. For another, Queensrÿche covered a song from it on Rage for Order.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Steve Savicki
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Thanks, Craig. Forgot about the Queensrÿche cover!
          sigpic

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
            Good work. Do Dalbello next:

Whoa dude. Never seen that album cover pic before (I wonder what her & Daves babies would look like). Very similar face paint. But to be honest, the makeup was bad enough wearing it all day. I couldn't handle having paint on the eyelashes like she does. Would irk me all day long.

Or those weird stick things glued on to be eyebrows.
            Last edited by sadaist; 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Steve Savicki
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              (i wonder what her & daves babies would look like)
              lol- :d
              sigpic

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Ooga Booga. Now. When I hit the BBQ with all of you this Rothtober....Don't make fun of me grass skirt.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

HAHAHA!

Thanks for all the great replies guys! Funny stuff. I really expected the first 20 posts to tear me a new one. I am glad you guys can see the humor in it all as my Mom had her reservations about it when I showed her the album cover & asked if I could go like that. Was a fun day and I felt pretty damn BAD ASS all day (and I did stop at liquor store after work to buy a beer in a bottle. No donut though sadly). Was a little chilly when Mom would have me go out front so passing cars could see. The beach in late October with nuthin' but a grass skirt on.......Brrrrrr.

The costume took a long time, but it WAS NOT work at all. I can't stress that enough. I had so much fun making it that I didn't want to stop each night. When I did have to stop for the night, I couldn't wait to get back at it the next day. Like a great book when you can't stop reading. I just loved making that costume. Plus, while holding the album cover for a point of reference...the cover was empty. Had EEAS playing the entire week as my inspiration.

My hopes are that one person from this site gets a wild hair for this coming Halloween and goes full out DAVE! I wonder if they would let us in to the next VH concert dressed like that?

That outfit on Dave was the single greatest thing I had ever seen on MTV up to that point and since. Dude is seriously a ham. I just wanted to emulate & pay homage to him for the day.

A little Dave in everyone!
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Oh....and if any of you were wondering. At least 25 different guys throughout the day did say to me "Gimme a bottle of anything, and a glazed donut.......to go!" in their full Dave mode voice.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Ooga Booga?
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                        Ooga Booga?

100% Ooga Booga. Nothin' but yeah!

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

Oh....and if any of you were wondering. At least 25 different guys throughout the day did say to me "Gimme a bottle of anything, and a glazed donut.......to go!" in their full Dave mode voice.
                          very cool get up....
                          great idea...

ooga

booga?
                          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Just want to add this last pic before the thread gets too old & it is considered necro-posting.

Anyways...the following Easter at moms Hallmark store....she got me back for allowing me to wear the jungle costume. Yeah, I had to wear the damn suit from Hallmark & let kids take their pics with me all fucking day. How those guys at Disneyland do it full-time I will never understand. Miserable way to spend a day.

Mom 1 - Sadaist 0 (mom is the blonde in the pic. Brunette was our store asst manager)

Comment

• little_dreamer
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Apr 2011

Champion. You looked awesome. Man, I wish I could pull off a Diamond Dave costume... but unless he suddenly sprouts a pair of DDs, I'm not gonna pass as a dude XD
                              I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut.

Comment

• Sarge
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Sadaist that looks awesome!
                                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

Working...