X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Eat Em & Smile Jungle Warrior - How To

Well, I didn't want to post a pic of myself here ever. But nowadays I don't really care any more. So fuck it.

In 1990 my Mom owned a Hallmark Store in Pacific Beach, CA. She had a huge event for Halloween with the local radio station coming & all. The event was like a small fair. Prizes & face painting for kids, win a goldfish, free candy, music, etc. Oh, and a black curtain where kids could fish over it with a pole, and my brother on the other side attaching small Halloween prizes for them to reel in. We promoted it for the entire month.

So I decided to dress up like Daves Jungle guy from EEAS.

1 - Hawaiian hula skirt from any costume shop.

2- Makeup face paint from costume shop.

3 - Spear is from a small Halloween costume. Took the tip off. Then took a long 1 x 1 stick from Home Depot. Used a router to round it and thin it down a bit. Then drilled a hollow tip at 1 end to stick the tip from the cheapo plastic spear in. Used fishing line threaded through it to hold it in.

4 - Feathers - bought tons from a few different party/craft stores. Took several and strung them with fishing line. Then threaded that to near the tip of the spear so the hung off.

5 - Necklace was bones I got from a Halloween skeleton and threaded through with thin black leather strip. Added a large black bead from a kids toy bracelet in between each bone to have them stay separated.

6 - Bracelet is a big old metal bracelet I found at the local Goodwill store for $1 in the womens jewelry section.

7 - Headdress is the hard part. I had tons of feathers as noted in #4. I got an old style baseball cap. The kind with the plastic type mesh with all the holes. Like a trucker hat I guess. Then I took a razor blade & carefully trimmed off the brim. Now the hardest part was using fishing line as thread. I'd poke a feather through each mesh hole of the hat, then use needle & fishing line to basically sew it on. On the front where there was no mesh holes to poke through, I would use the needle to create a hole to use. Tried to do it while holding album cover to make the feather colors the same as Daves and make them shape out as close to his costume as possible. I also bought a couple different cheapo feather boas to mix in throughout. The very front main piece of feathers was actually taken off a big flower arrangement from a local flower shop. Once the feathers are done & sewn in well, I took my wire cutters to clip off the sharp ends as short as I could so they wouldn't poke my skull all day.

8 - Ankles. I took 2 lengths from the feather boas I mentioned before and tied one on each ankle. Sorry, the pics don't show that part.

Painting your own face is a bitch and takes a couple hours. But I probably spent a couple hours a night for a week to make the headdress. Hardest part by a mile. The rest is easy stuff. Gathering all the materials took a few days and a lot of driving around looking for the perfect pieces. All in all I spent less than $100 easy on everything. Just the time to make it all go together. Cause they just don't sell costumes like this.

Side notes - NO...I do not have a body like Dave. If you are muscular it sure would help the look. But I didn't fucking care. I'm skinny, big deal.

The Christmas ornaments behind me look weird. I know. But it was at my Moms Hallmark store in October. Obviously the store is gonna be filled with Christmas stuff.

Finally...I made the cover of the local free community newspaper. You know, those papers that are in all the 7-11's and the likes in the area. They quoted the pic as "native" families which I thought was kinda funny. The girl next to me was my high school sweetheart and she is holding my niece (brothers new baby). That baby is 20 now. Weird
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Okay....pic 1

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Newspaper cover

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Last one for now. I might have better ones that I will scrounge around for this week.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

awesome work, mate!!!

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Dude, that is so fucking cool!! Well done! You took great pride in your work and it shows!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Little to something .
              I, always like a Styx concert used Roths music to chase pussy.

I mean Roth was cool but his line of poon was always just this and that,

I kinda new that was his gig.

One time in the late 70's i dressed up like Sid Viscous, ( pieced both me ears drove apickup like a loon atik) <(Google Rod Baby) the Bassist that didn't or did he shoot to muck smack.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                Last one for now. I might have better ones that I will scrounge around for this week.

Give me a bottle of anything and a glazed donut to go!
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Damn Sada, great work! A true Roth fan to go the extra mile like that!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Great work dude. Roth fan, hardcore!
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Stellar!!

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

Great! BRAVO! Very good Job!
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

That was bad ass
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• Etienne
                              Commando
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Damn Sada, great work! A true Roth fan to go the extra mile like that!
                              ...extra mile, indeed!

Comment

Working...