Thread: I wonder if the local classic rock station is trying get everyone primed....

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

I wonder if the local classic rock station is trying get everyone primed....

The only time I usually listen to the radio is when my clock radio goes off in the morning. If it is a weekend, or my hours have been cut that day, I set the alarm another hour or two later and go back to crash-land. Lately I have been listening to the radio in the car once in a while. If I turn it on, and there is anything but music, I turn it off immediately.

Lately, about 75% of the time I turn on the radio, and they are actually playing some music, instead of vomiting some goddamnable used car commercial, or some other fucking goddamn commercial whose sole intent is to separate you from your hard-earned coin-of-the-realm, there has been some Classic Van Halen song on.

Saturday, I woke up at 11 due to the tinny, distorted little mewlings of the cheap made-in-China clock radio. Once the fog cleared, I realized it was Jamie's Cryin'. I set it to go off an hour later, and went back to sleep. When the plastic piece-of-shit electronic device began sobbing again an hour later, it was some other CVH tune (don't recall which one). So they played two fucking CVH songs inside an hour.

That is not normal for the local Classic Rock station. Usually they are playing van hagar, and blathering about how they want to suck the shit out of Spamulus Flatulus's bunghole.

In the past few weeks, every time I have heard a VH song on the radio, the fat Cheesburger-swilling fool has been thankfully absent.

I would say there is something wrong with the meat-head who is the PD of that station, but who can fault him for choosing the Real Deal over pabulum baby food?

Just strange that's all......

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    The only time I usually listen to the radio is when my clock radio goes off in the morning. If it is a weekend, or my hours have been cut that day, I set the alarm another hour or two later and go back to crash-land. Lately I have been listening to the radio in the car once in a while. If I turn it on, and there is anything but music, I turn it off immediately.

Lately, about 75% of the time I turn on the radio, and they are actually playing some music, instead of vomiting some goddamnable used car commercial, or some other fucking goddamn commercial whose sole intent is to separate you from your hard-earned coin-of-the-realm, there has been some Classic Van Halen song on.

Saturday, I woke up at 11 due to the tinny, distorted little mewlings of the cheap made-in-China clock radio. Once the fog cleared, I realized it was Jamie's Cryin'. I set it to go off an hour later, and went back to sleep. When the plastic piece-of-shit electronic device began sobbing again an hour later, it was some other CVH tune (don't recall which one). So they played two fucking CVH songs inside an hour.

That is not normal for the local Classic Rock station. Usually they are playing van hagar, and blathering about how they want to suck the shit out of Spamulus Flatulus's bunghole.

In the past few weeks, every time I have heard a VH song on the radio, the fat Cheesburger-swilling fool has been thankfully absent.

I would say there is something wrong with the meat-head who is the PD of that station, but who can fault him for choosing the Real Deal over pabulum baby food?

Just strange that's all......
    WOW

11 and still in bed? holy crap !

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vh rides again View Post
    WOW

To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vh rides again View Post
    WOW

LOL. I'm fucking jealous of that shit.

HR, maybe for some reason you are just noticing it more now? My cousin recently stayed with me for 5 days and now she hears classic VH everywhere. I told her she heard it before but it just didn't register until I got her hooked as a hardcore fan. Had to explain & show her the difference between FUN Van Halen and serious Van Hagar. A few hours of all the different Dave interviews, videos, and songs.....she finally got it.

Don't Tell Me What Love can Do?

Fuck you bitch.....I Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love!

YES! I have turned another to the dark side!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the radio guys don't know anything. and what they do know, they find out from sites like this.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Classic rock stations up here play CVH almost exclusively of Van Hagar...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    The Classic rock stations up here play CVH almost exclusively of Van Hagar...

The thing about the van Hagar songs is they got play when they were released and for a while after. But they all faded. They mostly sound very dated to their era. The Van Halen songs for the most part are still fresh today and could have been recorded last year or 30 years ago. Plus they are the songs that everyone knows for life. Not whatever is new and in the top 40 for a few months.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    here they mostly do hits from the 80's. so it's 'jump', 'just like paradise' and 'cali girls'.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    XM's "Boneyard" plays VH regularly, although they do mix in the Velveeta shit....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Makes me wish for the good old days of payola. Which begs the question - where do DJs get their hookers and blow from these days???

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd say it would be doubtful, although luckily the local rock stations here play 99.9% CVH anyway...

twonabomber is right; local djs don't know shit in terms of the 'inside track' re: the band, no more than anyone else, anyway. They don't even program the music played in their slots. Besides, with Van Halen these days I don't believe anything until it actually happens, even if the plans are confirmed in the press by the band themselves.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    I never said the DJs had anything to do with it. The PD is given a list by the consultant who decides what they are going to play. So perhaps we can blame the generators of said playlists.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Don't Tell Me What Love can Do?

Fuck you bitch.....I Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love!
    Nice.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Makes me wish for the good old days of payola. Which begs the question - where do DJs get their hookers and blow from these days???
    DJs are just happy to have jobs. LOL.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I never said the DJs had anything to do with it. The PD is given a list by the consultant who decides what they are going to play. So perhaps we can blame the generators of said playlists.
    Agreed you never said DJs had anything to do with it. My larger point was that these guys don't even chose the music played in their slots, thus/because of this the idea that they have any inside info about anything VH-related would be a bit off...VH these days (I assume)aren't even linked to a major label beyond whatever residual deal they have with WB...perhaps an LA-based dj who has been around for a long time and has a longstanding friendship with the band might be in the know...as for the rest of the morning shock jock Stern-wannabes around the country they probably know as much as the rest of us (which is next to nothing).

Thread Information