Billy Sheehan wants a CVH reunion...AND an EEAS band reunion!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Etienne
    Commando
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
    ... It's not all about their pop tunes, of which gems like "Green-Tinted Sixties Mind" were still cooler than any of the other crap on the radio at the time. ...
    Couldn't say it any better, I like Green-Tinted Sixties Mind very much...

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

There was a time in the early 90s you couldn't go to the pub without tripping over her, does that count?
      You just explained how I met one of my ex-wives.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        You just explained how I met one of my ex-wives.
        Also how I met 85% of my ex-girlfriends...don't feel bad, right there with ya...lol
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k

Now if he just got out of that Scientology cult
          He's a Scientologist?
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            He's a Scientologist?
            He is, but it's completely and totally irrelevant.

He could worship a frog for all I care. It doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's a fuckin' kickass bass player.

"But......he's......a scientologist!"

Like that makes one damn bit of difference.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif

He could worship a frog for all I care. It doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's a fuckin' kickass bass player.

It really doesn't.

Scientology is no more wacky than any other form of organized religion.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                ...an EEAS band reunion would be about as cool as a mr. Big reunion.....
                I dunno if I'd really care too much about the EEAS lineup reuniting...Dave's last semi-regular solo live backing group got the job done just fine and didn't need to masturbate via their instruments to do it, which is pretty much the case whenever Vai is in a band.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                  It really doesn't.

Scientology is no more wacky than any other form of organized religion.
                  I'm the first to criticise religions but I think there is something a bit extra sinister about Scientology that makes it a cult not so much because of it's wack job beliefs but because the way it imposes it's controls.

I think that the celebrity experience of Scientology is a bit different from your average Joe though, they really look after their celebs...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I'm the first to criticise religions but I think there is something a bit extra sinister about Scientology that makes it a cult not so much because of it's wack job beliefs but because the way it imposes it's controls.

I think that the celebrity experience of Scientology is a bit different from your average Joe though, they really look after their celebs...
                    I've heard that the real reason Lisa Marie Presley married the gloved pedobear was because the Hubbard cultists wanted to get their hands on the Beatles songbook.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Terry
                      I dunno if I'd really care too much about the EEAS lineup reuniting...Dave's last semi-regular solo live backing group got the job done just fine and didn't need to masturbate via their instruments to do it, which is pretty much the case whenever Vai is in a band.
                      And if you listen to EEAS you can tell that that was the first time Dave was really Angry when singing. Even in 1996 he calmed right the fuck down.
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM. Reason: I like it when Dave does that type of nuance between both sounds. Be quiet.
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                        ...an EEAS band reunion would be about as cool as a mr. Big reunion.....

To the general public, I am afraid you are correct. Most casual fans would just view it as Dave solo yet again. Only the hard core fans would truly appreciate it. I personally would love to see it. Blew me away first time around and would love to see those guys together again.

But ONLY if Eddie cracks again. Of course I would rather have Dave with EVH.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I have met Billy several times. Saw him a lot in the back room of FM Station. That was such a cool fucking club. *sigh*

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif

I wasn't inferring that he'd be a better player if he wasn't in the Hubbard cult. I simply wasn't aware he was one of them.
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

I was not a fan of Billy until I saw EEAS live (only cause I didn't know anything about him). The way he and Steve Vai played off each other was fucking incredible. I was blown away. It was like one man that had been split in 2. They were just so in sync with each other that it was weird. And it just felt so natural. Such a great show. Dave sure chose wisely for that band.

So HR...in the times you got to meet Billy, was he as cool as he seems like he would be? He just looks & acts like he would be very approachable. Really laid back & down to Earth.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

He's a super-nice guy. Dealt with him in my music retail days, and he must live super-close to me because I run into him at my local supermarket occasionally, too...

So weird I bet when that happens. Remember that story when EVH was at his low point several years back where some guy ran in to him at the corner gas station/convenience store? Said he looked like a typical Los Angeles hobo buying a pack of smokes. Only famous person I ever saw in a grocery store was Roseanne Barr. She was buying a 6-pack of bottled imported beer in front of me in line. We were buying two 24-packs of canned domestic swill for our poker game.

Comment

Working...