Michael Anthony has a show on VH1 classic now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Michael Anthony has a show on VH1 classic now?

just watched this...something called "Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp"

seems the epitome of cheese. I'm guessing Hagar's gonna be involved in this as well.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Whether you're a guitarist, bassist, keyboardist, drummer or singer, whatever your level or want to learn to play. Jam, Write, Record and Perform with the World's Greatest Rock Stars. Best music experience ever for adults!

fucking A. who's fantasy is it to preform on stage with Hagar....Savicki?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

These things have turned into quite the profitable cottage industry over the past decade or so. For one thing, they aren't exactly cheap, and are aimed at the sort of older guy on the verge of middle age who wants to feel like a teenager again without cheating on his wife or going through a costly divorce in order get a new, younger model. And you are correct, Hagar is involved. And it's just the thing for past-their-prime rockers looking for an easy paycheck.

Rockcamp.com

And you know it's a cultural phenomenon when the Simpsons devote an episode to it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        These things have turned into quite the profitable cottage industry over the past decade or so. For one thing, they aren't exactly cheap, and are aimed at the sort of older guy on the verge of middle age who wants to feel like a teenager again without cheating on his wife or going through a costly divorce in order get a new, younger model. And you are correct, Hagar is involved. And it's just the thing for past-their-prime rockers looking for an easy paycheck.

Yeah. Don't they do it every year and have different rock stars contribute? It seems like a great idea if you actually get to spend some quality time with the actual stars. If I had the disposable income I would do it once. I'd wait for a year with more guys that I liked and listened to a lot to be involved. Although Duff McKagen & George Lynch would be really cool to meet & hang out with for a bit. Even Rudy Sarzo would be cool if you got a chance to ask him some questions off the record about QR or Whitesnake behind the scenes stuff. Kip Winger? Nah, I can just talk to him in the Front Line here for free.....

But I just have a feeling that the bigger name guys only come out in a limited capacity and show stuff to the entire group rather than actually having any 1 on 1 time with them.

But yeah, if I had money I would do it. Same with the formula 1 racing camp.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
          ..........or going through a costly divorce in order get a new, younger model. .......
          "younger model" or trophy wife............

BTW, what's the etiquette on age-to-hot ass-chick ratio? I'm thinking when I'm 45 I can be courting a 25 year old or is it a strict 15 year rule?
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

For men or women, the further from one's age the more it should be questioned in either direction. As the age gap crosses the threshold of a generation the motives of either side should be examined closer. :P

http://www.~`~.org
            :tongue0011:
            Last edited by Blaze; 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM. Reason: 4u
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              "younger model" or trophy wife............

BTW, what's the etiquette on age-to-hot ass-chick ratio? I'm thinking when I'm 45 I can be courting a 25 year old or is it a strict 15 year rule?

45 - 25 IS FINE! There is NO 15 year rule!

Please don't tell me otherwise. That's the only thing allowing me to cope with my aging. In 5 years I get some fresh meat.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                For men or women, the further from one's age the more it should be questioned in either direction. As the age gap crosses the threshold of a generation the motives of either side should be examined closer. :P

http://www.~`~.org
                :tongue0011:

A good rule of thumb is.....are either of her parents younger than you are?

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sadaist
                  45 - 25 IS FINE! There is NO 15 year rule!

Please don't tell me otherwise. That's the only thing allowing me to cope with my aging. In 5 years I get some fresh meat.
                  That's what I'm thinking but.......it'd be nice to have clarification on the matter
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you can legally buy her a drink, it's OK.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
                      ...all due respect, FORD........when Christ tells me it's so, Ill buy it

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

But wait....isn't a shirley temple from Chuck E Cheese a legal drink?

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Does Mike play a bass solo for no apparent reason mid way through?
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                            ...all due respect, FORD........when Christ tells me it's so, Ill buy it
                            You know He never posts on the Sabbath!
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              But wait....isn't a shirley temple from Chuck E Cheese a legal drink?

Only in Utah (and selected "dry counties" in Southern states)
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...