Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The "Only In Florida" Police Blotter - Living Proof That Hell Is Other People

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Unfortunately you need more than a 'feeling' to convict.

The jury did their job properly. Nobody likes it, but the prosecution did fail. It's sad, really. I'm sure Anthony will go on to write a book, movie of the week, whatever...

And yeah, sadaist, That chick looks like she'd pin you down and have her way with you. Which is OK with this guy!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (07-07-2011)

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah I mean the constitution and the system is what it is. No matter how you look at it she was found not guilty which leads me to believe she is not guilty. They couldn't prove she did it so maybe she didn't.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Jagermeister for this KICKASS post:

standin (07-08-2011)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Yeah I mean the constitution and the system is what it is. No matter how you look at it she was found not guilty which leads me to believe she is not guilty. They couldn't prove she did it so maybe she didn't.
    Two words: Robert Blake
    Another two, substantially more obvious: O.J.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And back on topic... The hits just keep on comin!

LINK

BSO: TSA Worker Steals iPad, Electronics From Luggage

Baggage Screener Accused Of Stealing Electronics, Selling Them Online

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- A Transportation Security Administration worker is accused of stealing from the luggage of travelers at Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport Monday.

Broward Sheriff's Deputies said a Continental Airlines worker saw Nelson Santiago, 30, slip an iPad out of a suitcase and into his pants.

That worker reported the theft to his supervisor and Santiago was arrested.

Deputies said Santiago is responsible for a string of thefts over the past six months. They said he told detectives that he stole computers, GPS devices and video cameras from luggage he was screening.

He then allegedly took pictures of the stolen goods with his cell phone, and posted them for sale online.

BSO said the items would often sell by the time Santiago's shift ended.

Detectives estimate Santiago stole about $50,000 worth of electronics. So far, he was charged with two counts of grand theft and has been released on bond.

Detectives are trying to locate possible victims, though most will never recover their property.

Santiago had worked as a TSA officer since January 2009, but no longer works with the agency.

Goddamn! 50k!!
    Last edited by VAiN; 07-07-2011 at 08:13 PM.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

pay up, suckas.

No one knows where Casey Anthony is, but America's most notorious recent murder defendant doesn't have to fret about her legal bills reaching her.
    That's because $119,000 in defense fees racked up during her trial—which produced a shocking not-guilty verdict in her home jurisdiction of Orlando, Fla., earlier this month—have been picked up by Florida taxpayers. The same is true for another pending $5,800 in fees that Anthony's attorney Jose Baez has billed to his client's case, putting the overall taxpayer tab at just shy of $125,000.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...155506468.html

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The latest, crazy, national news story from Florida ...

FBI: Merritt Island woman, 2 siblings won't hesitate to 'battle' cops
    Trio wanted by authorities

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="omnitureAccountID=gpaper114,gntbcstglobal&p ageContentCategory=NEWS&pageContentSubcategory=NEW S01&marketName=Brevard:floridatoday&revSciSeg=&rev SciZip=&revSciAge=&revSciGender=&division=newspape r&SSTSCode=news/article.htm&videoId=1100503447001&playerID=5173109 9001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACOwnf_E~,TgMWB0rOLZ94ZLo8j H6_QY0Cvj6McwyY&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true " /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="omnitureAccountID=gpaper114,gntbcstglob al&pageContentCategory=NEWS&pageContentSubcategory =NEWS01&marketName=Brevard:floridatoday&revSciSeg= &revSciZip=&revSciAge=&revSciGender=&division=news paper&SSTSCode=news/article.htm&videoId=1100503447001&playerID=5173109 9001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACOwnf_E~,TgMWB0rOLZ94ZLo8j H6_QY0Cvj6McwyY&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true " base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

To her acquaintances in Brevard County, 29-year-old Lee Grace Dougherty seemed sweet and harmless, but a wild side lurked beneath.

In recent months, Dougherty had worked part-time as an exotic dancer at a Cocoa Beach nightclub, where a manager said she never caused problems. She lived on Merritt Island with her boyfriend's parents, Darryl and Pamela Bookman, who became attached to the "nice and polite young woman."

But for the past week, Dougherty and her two brothers have been the subjects of a nationwide FBI search, accused of shooting at a Zephyrhills police cruiser last week, then robbing a bank in Georgia.

"She was a lot of fun to be around and talk to," said Darryl Bookman, 66, the father of Dougherty's boyfriend. "She just didn't come across to me as the kind of person they're portraying her as.

"I'm sure she was involved in that shootout and probably in that bank robbery. But I would have never seen that coming."

Dougherty's two arrests in Brevard paint a different picture.

After two car crashes in May, Dougherty, whose driver's license wasn't valid, refused to go to jail without a struggle. She blamed her behavior in the wrecks on opiate painkillers.

After she traveled more than 90 mph and crashed a Ford Mustang on May 7 near Cocoa, she kicked and punched the deputy trying to arrest her for driving under the influence, court documents show. Even after a state trooper managed to handcuff her, Dougherty headbutted the deputy, according to a report.

"Once (Dougherty) was out of the vehicle and on the ground, she continued to kick and scream," the deputy wrote. "While on the ground, (she) attempted several times to bite my arm."

Ten days later, troopers say Dougherty was driving a Chevrolet Impala that crashed into a pickup on Merritt Island and fled. When troopers caught her and placed her in a patrol car, she rolled down the windows and stripped to her bra, complaining that she was hot.

The woman wrapped a seatbelt around her neck and pulled it tight when a trooper tried to stop her.

Read the rest here
    Last edited by Little Texan; 08-10-2011 at 02:11 AM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Goddamn, that chick CANNOT drive for shit! Crazy story all together..

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Goddamn, that chick CANNOT drive for shit! Crazy story all together..
    Yep, and apparently that's what ultimately did them in...

Link

Dougherty Gang’ siblings in custody
    Colorado sheriff says arrests came after high-speed chase, shootout

breaking news

The three siblings on the run from authorities are now in custody in Colorado following a high-speed chase that ended in a crash and shootout, officials said Wednesday.

According to Colorado State Patrol, 21-year-old Ryan Edward Dougherty, 26-year-old Dylan Dougherty Stanley and 29-year-old Lee Grace Dougherty will be booked into Pueblo County Jail.

Pueblo County Sheriff Sheriff Kirk Taylor told NBC News all three were being treated at Spanish Peaks Regional Hospital in Walsenberg, Colo., first. Two were injured in the crash, the third was shot.

They had been sought since Aug. 2, when they allegedly fired 20 shots at a Florida officer during a high-speed chase and later became suspects in a Georgia bank robbery.

The Wednesday vehicle chase started after authorities received a report that the suspects were at a campground near Colorado City, the Colorado State Patrol said in a statement obtained by NBC News.

The car was gone by the time deputies arrived but was spotted by another Pueblo County deputy near a Subway restaurant near Exit 74 on Interstate 25, Taylor said.

One suspect was in the car when deputies spotted it, and the other two siblings jumped in and a chase began at 9:36 a.m., NBC station KUSA reported.

The roughly 20-mile chase ended when the siblings' vehicle crashed after troopers set tire-puncturing stop-sticks on the road, the State Patrol said.

Chase speeds were over 100 mph at times and shots were fired, Taylor said.

Deputies told KUSA the siblings were traveling so fast, they ran off the side of the road, hit a guardrail and flipped their car. Lee Grace Dougherty then reportedly got out of the car and began shooting at authorities, they said. She was shot in the leg by authorities, but her injury is non-life threatening, deputies said.

Lee Grace Dougherty and one man were arrested at the shootout scene, deputies told KUSA. The second man fled but was captured at a nearby hotel, they said.

The Colorado State Patrol first confirmed the arrests via the Public Affairs Unit's Twitter account: "Short pursuit with 3 sibling fugitives from Florida ends in crash, three in custody."

"Ladies and gentleman, I'm proud to say we won," said Pasco County, Fla., Sheriff Chris Nocco said at a news conference following their capture. "We continuously said that if these three fugitives wanted a battle with law enforcement, we would win that battle. And that's what happened today."

He called the siblings "very, very dangerous people" and their capture a tremendous relief.

"It's uncommon that we would come across these three siblings who would have an arsenal and (are) not afraid to use it," he said.

Some of Nocco's deputies were expected to fly to Colorado on Wednesday night to interview the trio.
    Story: Fugitive siblings may be in Colorado, cops say

The Dougherty siblings' mother, Barbara Bell of East Palatka, Fla., spoke briefly with The Associated Press on the phone Wednesday.

"I'm sorry. I'm making no comment at this time. Bye," said Bell, who last week had urged the trio to give up before there was bloodshed.

Next step
    Bernie McCabe, the state attorney for the judicial circuit that includes Florida's Pasco County, said officials in the various jurisdictions have not decided how to handle the extradition of the suspects.

"I don't know the status of the Georgia situation," he told The Associated Press. "They might get first crack at them. That has not been decided yet."

McCabe said that the only local warrants currently outstanding are two for Ryan Dougherty for grand theft auto and failure to register as a sex offender — both of which are based on events that occurred before the shooting at police in Florida. He said it would be up to the sheriff to forward charges to his office related to the chase and shooting, if they decide to.

On Tuesday, authorities said they received "credible information" that people matching the description of the three were spotted in Colorado.

A possible sighting near Interstate 25 north of downtown Colorado Springs was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday (3:30 p.m. ET), Colorado Springs police said.

The Colorado Springs Gazette reported the possible sighting Tuesday was called in by a customer in the parking lot of an REI store. REI spokeswoman Libby Catalinich told The Associated Press only that the company was contacted by law-enforcement officials. She declined further comment.

They were also seen trying to buy ammunition for an AK-47 at an area Walmart, Taylor said.

The FBI had said the people spotted Tuesday were in a small white Subaru Impreza with the stolen Texas license plate LCS 909.

A nationwide manhunt for the siblings began Aug. 2. The three are suspected of firing at least 20 shots at a Florida officer during a chase that reached 100 mph after he tried to pull them over for speeding.

Hours later, three people wearing masks robbed a bank in Valdosta, Ga., about 210 miles north. One robber brandished an AK-47 assault rifle while another was photographed by a security camera waving a machine pistol, the FBI said.

Siblings have records
    Nocco said all three siblings had been living together in Lacoochee, Fla., about 45 miles (72 kilometers) northeast of Tampa, and each had a criminal record. Lee Dougherty has charges pending against her in Florida for hit and run and had previously been charged with battery, Nocco said, and Stanley Dougherty had been charged with marijuana possession.

Nocco also said police feared the siblings were carrying an arsenal of weapons. Tracing prior background checks run by gun sellers, police confirmed that Ryan Dougherty bought an AK-47 assault rifle — like the one used in the bank robbery — at a pawn shop two years ago. Similar checks showed his brother also owned guns.

Police posted photos of the suspects on electronic billboards across the Southeast. Valdosta Police Cmdr. Brian Childress said it seemed the three had a "death wish."

Lee Grace Elizabeth Dougherty's first brush with the law appears to have been last May after she was involved in a traffic accident on Interstate 95 in Florida's Space Coast.

At the accident scene, Dougherty began screaming and yelling at her boyfriend. Deputies placed her in a patrol car, trying to calm her down, but she kicked and tried to head-butt a deputy, tried to break out a car window with her foot and spit in the face of a state trooper, according to the accident report.

She was arrested for driving under the influence and battery on a law enforcement officer. She had been driving with a suspended driver's license and she refused to take drug and alcohol tests.

Just 10 days later, she was involved in another traffic accident and charged with driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident. Her boyfriend, who was in the car with her, was arrested for an earlier domestic violence charge in which Dougherty was the victim. While in the trooper's patrol car, she put a seat belt around her neck and pulled it as if to choke herself, the incident report said.

Lee Dougherty pleaded guilty to the DUI charge and to driving with a suspended license last month. She was sentenced to a year of probation.

She was on the run by the time a probation officer made a home visit Aug. 3 in Merritt Island, Florida.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    You beat me to it, Pete.... man - times must be tough if these dumb asses are willing to burn a place down for minimum wage..

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You beat me to it, Pete.... man - times must be tough if these dumb asses are willing to burn a place down for minimum wage..
    ...And willing to go to prison for 10 years and be Bubba's bitch for minimum wage.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Distracted Miami Cop Drives Cruiser *Up* Utility Pole...

This is something you don’t see everyday.

Miami police officer J. Brutus is OK, but possibly feeling a bit sheepish Tuesday morning, after getting distracted while driving and running his patrol car up a pole. Not into it, but up it.

“I heard boom, boom, boom!” Pamela Green said. “Then all the lights went out. I look out, I see he’s up the pole.”

The accident happened before rush hour Tuesday morning, near the intersection of NW 6th Avenue and 67th street in Miami.

Miami police spokesperson Detective Willie Moreno said Brutus, a 4 year veteran, was driving when he was momentarily distracted, as he reached for a fallen pen. His patrol car left the road and headed for a utility pole, but before it struck the pole, the car rode up along a guide wire.

“His vehicle rode on to the tension cord of this pole,” said Moreno.

The officer was briefly trapped inside the patrol car, but was helped to freedom by Miami Fire Rescue.

The officer was not hurt, and after the door was opened from the outside, the officer was able to walk away while laughing.

“For us to look and see him come out of the car, not a scratch on him,” said Yvonne Sorellis, “He didn’t even look shook up because he was just laughing.”

Yvonne grabbed a lawn chair to wait and watch because she said the ‘police car up a pole’ is better than any movie.

“Just been very interesting; I hadn’t seen nothing this good since ‘Bad Boys’ with Will Smith,” Sorellis said.

Sorellis took pictures and had a quick plan on what to do with them, “I’m going to put them on Facebook.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13...-miami-cop-ok/

Amazing... I wonder what would happen if I did something like this..

15. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (12-13-2011)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Exactly.

But I kinda like that Linda Drane Burdick prosecutor lady. I don't know...just always been attracted to mean bitchy looking women.

Being that this is the case, do you spontaneously ejaculate whenever Nancy Grace is on tv?

Although in all fairness, Nancy does have some big titties...

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Distracted Miami Cop Drives Cruiser *Up* Utility Pole...

This is something you don’t see everyday.

Miami police officer J. Brutus is OK, but possibly feeling a bit sheepish Tuesday morning, after getting distracted while driving and running his patrol car up a pole. Not into it, but up it.

“I heard boom, boom, boom!” Pamela Green said. “Then all the lights went out. I look out, I see he’s up the pole.”

The accident happened before rush hour Tuesday morning, near the intersection of NW 6th Avenue and 67th street in Miami.

Miami police spokesperson Detective Willie Moreno said Brutus, a 4 year veteran, was driving when he was momentarily distracted, as he reached for a fallen pen. His patrol car left the road and headed for a utility pole, but before it struck the pole, the car rode up along a guide wire.

“His vehicle rode on to the tension cord of this pole,” said Moreno.

The officer was briefly trapped inside the patrol car, but was helped to freedom by Miami Fire Rescue.

The officer was not hurt, and after the door was opened from the outside, the officer was able to walk away while laughing.

“For us to look and see him come out of the car, not a scratch on him,” said Yvonne Sorellis, “He didn’t even look shook up because he was just laughing.”

Yvonne grabbed a lawn chair to wait and watch because she said the ‘police car up a pole’ is better than any movie.

“Just been very interesting; I hadn’t seen nothing this good since ‘Bad Boys’ with Will Smith,” Sorellis said.

Sorellis took pictures and had a quick plan on what to do with them, “I’m going to put them on Facebook.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13...-miami-cop-ok/

Amazing... I wonder what would happen if I did something like this..
    "Jerry, is your car up a pole again?"

"I miss you Jessica."

"Jerry are you crying?"

" No I bit my tongue."

18. 3 users say thank you to Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (12-14-2011),Little Texan (12-15-2011),ZahZoo (12-15-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Exclamation Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Exactly.

But I kinda like that Linda Drane Burdick prosecutor lady. I don't know...just always been attracted to mean bitchy looking women.

Holy crap... totally looks like my ex fiance auditioning for the new version of "LA Law"...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Zombie Attack?

Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was ‘eating’ face off victim
    BY DANIELA GUZMAN AND JULIE K. BROWN The Miami Herald
    Questions remain about why naked man on Miami causeway tried to rip flesh off another man’s face BY DANIELA GUZMAN AND JULIE K. BROWN
    jbrown@MiamiHerald.com
    It was a scene as creepy as a Hannibal Lecter movie.
    One man was shot to death by Miami police, and another man is fighting for his life after he was attacked, and his face allegedly half eaten, by a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway off ramp Saturday, police said.
    The horror began about 2 p.m. when a series of gunshots were heard on the ramp, which is along NE 13th Street, just south of The Miami Herald building.
    According to police sources, a road ranger saw a naked man chewing on another man’s face and shouted on his loud speaker for him to back away.Meanwhile, a woman also saw the incident and flagged down a police officer who was in the area.
    The officer, who has not been identified, approached and, seeing what was happening, also ordered the naked man to back away. When he continued the assault, the officer shot him, police sources said. The attacker failed to stop after being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.
    Miami police were on the scene, which was just south of The Miami Herald building on Biscayne Boulevard. The naked man who was killed lay face down on the pedestrian walkway just below the newspaper’s two-story parking garage. Police have requested The Herald’s video surveillance tapes.
    The other man was transported to the hospital with critical injuries, according to police. Their identities were not released.
    The incident, which came as crowds descended upon South Beach for the annual Urban Beach Week hip-hop festival, snarled traffic on the causeway for several hours.
    In a text message, Javier Ortiz, spokesman for Miami police’s Fraternal Order of Police, said the officer who fired the fatal shots was “a hero.”
    “Based on the information provided, our Miami police officer is a hero and saved a life,’’ he said.
    Sergeant Altarr Williams, supervisor of Miami police’s Homicide Unit, said a man doesn’t have to be armed to be dangerous.
    “There are other ways to injure people,’’ Williams said. “Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.’’
    Investigators believe the victim may have been homeless and laying down when the crazed man pounced.
    Police theorize the attacker might have been suffering from "cocaine psychosis," a drug-induced craze that bakes the body internally and often leads the affected to strip naked to try and cool off.
    Miami Herald writers Alexandra Leon and Curtis Morgan contributed to this report.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...#storylink=cpy

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Sounds like Jeb put some bad coke on the streets down there.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I guess the mighty nanny government should ban teeth in order to protect us...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Why can't you just come out and admit that the savior Obama is BCE ??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Obama's not BCE. He just refuses to get rid of their fucked up policies. But I'm not sure what he has to do with Jeb putting bad coke on the streets of Miami.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Maybe the nanny gov't can provide you with a brain so you stop making such stupid, gay strawman arguments...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Sounds more like PCP...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Obama's not BCE. He just refuses to get rid of their fucked up policies.
    So, sow does that make him any different ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    How even...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So, sow does that make him any different ??
    It's sorta like you or me getting a job at KFC. Although we did not invent the idea of ghastly chicken nor come up with it's style of preparation, we get the right to endorse it without actually having to be official members of Colonel Harland Sanders' family. It's kind of a "friends with benefits" thing, unfortunately lacking any of the sex but plenty of the remorse.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    And even more corruption...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Nah. They'll just tax them and regulate them.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Sounds more like PCP...

News story I watched last night said a strong strain of LSD. Although that seems like something only people who know nothing about drugs would say.

I'm gonna go with the Zombie story.

*I didn't see it here but the story I watched earlier said the victims eyes were gone. GONE!!!!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's another of those weird, only in Florida type stories...

Link

Florida man dies after winning cockroach-eating contest

Broward County

Eddie Archbold, 32, died Friday night after winning a giant cockroach-eating contest.

By Isolde Raftery, NBC News

Edward Archbold was, according to those who met him on Friday night, the life of the party – a bit of a showoff who was up for anything, even a giant cockroach-eating contest.

He won. And then, tragically, he died.

Now police from Deerfield Beach, Fla., about 40 miles north of Miami, are investigating the death of the 32-year-old, who on Facebook went by Edward William Barry.

According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Archbold, of West Palm Beach, and several other contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach. After eating dozens of giant cockroaches, Archbold was declared the winner of an ivory-ball python. (The prizes, Archbold indicated on his Facebook page that night, were less significant than the glory.)
    Advertise | AdChoices

He had also entered a superworm-eating contest earlier in the night.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

But after winning, Archbold felt sick and started vomiting. He then collapsed in the store and was later pronounced dead. The medical examiner’s office is conducting tests to determine a cause of death, according to the sheriff’s office statement.

On Facebook, Ben Siegel Reptiles wrote that staff met Archbold the night of the Midnight Madness sale: “We all liked him right away. All of us here at Ben Siegel Reptiles are sad that we will not get to know Eddie better, for in the short time we knew him, he was very well liked by all.”

In the comments beneath the statement, the reptile store wrote that the prize “now belongs to his estate.”

Watch the most-viewed videos on NBCNews.com

In another Facebook comment, an attorney claiming to represent Ben Siegel Reptiles wrote that contest participants had signed waivers accepting their participation in this “unique and unorthodox contest.”

“The consumption of insects is widely accepted throughout the world, and the insects presented as part of the contest were taken from an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles,” wrote attorney Luke Lirot.

No other contestants felt sick, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.

And Archbold seemed to be doing all right earlier in the night, according to his own account on Facebook. He took photos of the superworms and wrote: " Also side note im NOW in a super worm eating comp now.......what ever the hell a super worm is?"

Eating the bugs yielded valuable rewards, according to the store's Facebook page: “Eat the most bugs in 4 minutes, win the ball morph. That’s it. Oh yeah, any vomiting is an automatic DQ,” the advertisement stated. “Eat the most crickets, win a male lesser. Eat the most superworms, win a female orange belly. Eat the most discoid roaches, win a female graphite sired ivory!”

Michael Adams, a professor of entomology at the University of California, Riverside, told The Associated Press that he has never heard of someone dying after eating roaches.

"Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don't think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat," Adams said. "Some people do have allergies to roaches but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects."

Meanwhile, Archbold's friends took to his Facebook page to remember him. Wrote one: "This goes out to one of the most funnest, craziest, and most energetic person I have ever met!!! I will never ever forget u Eddie... I don't think anyone could!!"

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep, the cockroach eating story was the main headline in our local paper this morning. It is odd that none of the other "contestants" suffered any ill effects, leading one to suspect the victim had something wrong with him to begin with.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was at that event when it started. A coworker of mine was going to do it but he missed the registration.. Super gross event - they had qualifying rounds with meal worms, crickets, some blue squirting bug and then finally roaches. Disgusting.
    I left early, but heard it was killer.

Too soon?

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

I was at that event when it started.
    I left early, but heard it was killer.

Too soon?
    Nah, I wonder if any roaches marched out of him during the autopsy, flipping the bird?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

EVERYONE KNOWS you're not supposed to mix giant roaches and superworms, especially if you're lactose intolerant, or on days ending in 'y' ....

38. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (10-11-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You just knew this would happen: One bonehead drops dead and ruins it for the rest of us...

Six Flags suspends cockroach-eating contest after Florida death

By Elisabeth Mistretta Daily Herald

Six Flags Great America in Gurnee has suspended its seasonal cockroach-eating contest, in response to reports of a man’s death after a similar competition at a Florida pet store.

The 32-year-old man reportedly collapsed last week after eating dozens of roaches and worms during a contest to win a python at a pet store in Deerfield Beach, according to the Associated Press. Six Flags Great America officials said they’ve suspended their contest, which happens weekly during its Halloween-themed Fright Fest, while the amusement park reviews the competitions nationwide.

Officials said the weekly contest attracts about 10 to 20 participants each week and an audience of roughly 50 people.

Katy Enrique, communications manager for Six Flags Great America, added that the theme park has never received reports of health problems following its contests, which began in fall 2006. “We are confident our eating contests are safe as the insects we use are raised specifically for human consumption,” said a prepared statement from Six Flags Entertainment Corp.. “Insects are considered a delicacy in many cultures; however, even though this appears to be an isolated incident, we are reviewing the eating contests at our parks to ensure we maintain a safe environment for our guests.”

Fright Fest runs this year through Oct. 28 and Enrique said Great America is not creating a replacement for the contest that allowed adults, ages 18 and older, to eat live adult Madagascar hissing cockroaches. The winner would have received a 2013 seasons pass and a one-day Flash Pass, which allows them jump to the front of the line on any ride in the park.

Madagascar hissing cockroaches are among the largest species of cockroach and can reach 2- to 3-inches in maturity. In previous years, the competition has also included contestants eating grasshoppers, snails and silk worms that shipped to the park dead, as well as super worms and night crawlers were alive during consumption.

Patrons at Six Flags Great America were required to sign a waiver before digging in during previous contests.

And when the contest launched in 2006, officials from the Lake County Health Department cautioned would-be eaters to think twice, “due to the risk of gastrointestinal illness and allergies.” Florida police are awaiting cause of death of Edward Archbold, pending an autopsy. The Associated Press reports Archbold collapsed shortly after consuming dozens of roaches and worms and was later pronounced dead at a Florida hospital. No other contestants reported medical problems after the competition, according to the Associated Press.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Are people in Florida just into eating cockroaches or what?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

So these mofos were eating this shit just to win a season pass?? Who the fuck are these people?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    No... No we are not.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Nah, having resided here since 1968 or so, I'd have to say that the main diet consists of eating a great deal of shit, while not only refusing to complain about it, but remarkably enough, asking for seconds.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Florida does not have the market cornered when it comes to trashy, illiterate idiots. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/01/mobi...mobRedir=false

MOBILE, Ala. -- A Mobile man remained in the Mobile County Metro Jail this evening, charged with first-degree robbery for an incident that occurred in early December, police said.

Nigah Kawmon Edwards, 18, was scheduled for a court appearance Wednesday, according to jail records.

Edwards was arrested about 11 this morning on the 1600 block of Hartwell Drive, Officer Christopher Levy, police spokesman, said.

Police said that about 7 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 2500 block of Farnell Drive, the victim was coming home when he was approached in his front yard by a man with a handgun. The gunman told the victim to empty his pockets. The robber fled on foot, police said.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The places I've been in Florida where a lot of New Yorker transplants and upscale hispanics. Actually it was sophisticated. In the more sleepy areas it was much like you would find in any other beach area in the world. I really didn't see a big hick factor there. Maybe that's up in the panhandle more or in places like Jacksonville? I never made it that far north.

Thread Information