The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Well, the writing has to come first in a way.

Heck I dunno....All the guitar players come up with a riff or two, vote on which ones to use, then which ones go where.....verse? Chorus?

We need the main groove first. Intro, lead solos, actual bass line, vocals all can come later. Just need to know what the basic vibe of the song is gonna be first......it could be a bass riff even.

And even once we have a basic idea, we can modify it as we go on...just need to figure out what the arrangement will be...how many verses, choruses, A parts, B parts, how many times repeat each riff...

Once Kwame knows what kinda direction we are going in, and once we have a rough arrangement, he can lay down some drums and we can begin recording for real.

Oooooooooooaowohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Ok... I have sound. Lets see if I can import.

It is just over 6 mins long. I have never been able to confine myself.

There are significant breaks for instruments.

I am a firm believer in the first 120 takes are thrown away.

This is a first take unedited.

I just have to figure out how to extract it.
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
        Ok... I have sound. Lets see if I can import.

It is just over 6 mins long. I have never been able to confine myself.

There are significant breaks for instruments.
        ~Data~

Originally posted by Blaze
        I am a firm believer in the first 120 takes are thrown away.

Mmmm, K.....
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Grr. Make fun gypsy Jimmi... I have tried three services.... uploading is not easy for me.
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Jus' kidding...

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

i'm still offering this as at least an intro. e flat is fine with me. someone write the next bit!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

This a track I never finished, but pretty much points in the direction I feel things might go. I need to find the track in my collection and upload it with Supload, but this will work for now.

Find more tom banacek songs at Myspace Music

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Etienne
                  Commando
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Am I not part of it?

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Etienne
                    Am I not part of it?
                    "The Masses are Asses"---Winnie.

Lol of course you are! This is music by committee......have fun!
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-07-2011, 01:33 PM. Reason: Fondue Rocks!
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Hey Kwame, how are you with a double-kick shuffle?

I just came up with a rough sketch of a song. One of my fave ways to write is to sit in front of the TV with legs up on the coffee table, mindlessly jamming on guitar while watching some crap on the tube. Today's edition of "let's write a song without trying" brought to you courtesy of Epiphone Guitars, Marshall Amps, JVC Televisions and the TV show "Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force".

We all are here because we are Van Halen fans. One thing Van Halen has done (among many) that is unique in the hard rock pantheon is Alex Van Halen's double-kick shuffle.
                      No other band I can think of in the history of rock music has used a double-kick shuffle in a song (though of course I could be wrong). I have never heard any other band do such a thing, anyway. So I came up with some riffs with that in mind, complete with 2 different sections for guitar solos (in different keys), a sorta quiet breakdown, three verses, and some other rubbish.

Am getting to work right now on my VS-1680 and my drum machine to come up with something. Will just do a basic drum track, rhythm guitar, with a couple of rubbish solos to show where the solos go.

Will post it later this evening.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Now we're getting somewhere...a riff tossed out soon? Cool!
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                          Am I not part of it?
                          Never said that, buddy. All are welcome!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

I lost my recorder (Roland) as well in a divorce....so I will have to phone it in...but we can all play it together if we show up. 2:53 seconds long would be fine with me.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Coming along fine. Got drums programmed up to first chorus. Which means I have enough patterns to pretty much create the whole drum track. So it is a matter of sitting there figuring out chord progressions, how long, then programming the patterns into the drum machine to fit.

For writing purposes I am using my Epi Les Paul studio plugged into the Roland, using the Amp Sims....when I track in a little while I will get out the real deal - Flying V with EMGs into Marshall Half Stack with Shure 57 through Art TubePac Preamp. Gonna be scratch, but at least it will sound good, lol.

Here is my recording setup - pic taken 5 minutes ago....
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Drum track done. Decided I won't bother with Marshall and the real deal until I am ready to do final guitar tracks (if I wind up doing guitars at all, lol). For now the Amp sims in the Roland will do.

Have to get some reasonably decent guitar tracks on here, then a bass, then upload it to somewhere and post a link to it here.

Time to eat something, though. Mmmm....dinner!

Comment

Working...