The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Ideally, a .WAV file of the drums would be better even to track against, huh?
    Yeah, why not it's the real deal. Are we gonna run with HR's idea? I dig it. If thats the case, Kwame learns it, tracks it shoots me the tracks. I can mix it and shoot it over to HR for bass and guitar, and from there he can continue with his tracking . He can shoot me back the basic rythym and bass and I can one again mix it and send an updated mix around asap etc....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Ok back up and running....
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Good Lord! 4.5 Kb/s I just might wait until my next trip to town. Which will be tomorrow.
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          Yeah, why not it's the real deal. Are we gonna run with HR's idea? I dig it. If thats the case, Kwame learns it, tracks it shoots me the tracks. I can mix it and shoot it over to HR for bass and guitar, and from there he can continue with his tracking . He can shoot me back the basic rythym and bass and I can one again mix it and send an updated mix around asap etc....
          Sounds like a plan...you play master producer/engineer and send out the backing tracks you want us to work off of...we send you separate .wav files of our part(s), bam!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Well, all I need is a stereo mp3. Long as I can hear the kick/snare cleanly, I am fine. I need to make an adjustment though to my initial drum track idea. The very first section, the drum part is:

kick......snarekick. The kick right after the snare needs to be delayed a bit to match the guitar and bass line(kick......snare......kick). I will fix it and post a fixed version in a day or so. Want Kwame to learn the best version for the song. As once he has it tracked, no need for him to redo anything.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Sounds like a plan...you play master producer/engineer and send out the backing tracks you want us to work off of...we send you separate .wav files of our part(s), bam!
              If it's cool with you guys. I live for this stuff. It's great to work on something other than my own project that's literally consumed the last 14 months of my life...

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Well, all I need is a stereo mp3. Long as I can hear the kick/snare cleanly, I am fine. I need to make an adjustment though to my initial drum track idea. The very first section, the drum part is:

kick......snarekick. The kick right after the snare needs to be delayed a bit to match the guitar and bass line(kick......snare......kick). I will fix it and post a fixed version in a day or so. Want Kwame to learn the best version for the song. As once he has it tracked, no need for him to redo anything.
              Fuckin A!
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Heh...this is the first new song I have written in almost a year. Got burned out on my album-project-in-the-making and slacked off, then was able to get the original multi-tracks of some demos I did back in the 90s, and have been going balls to the wall on that as of late.

This track is quite inspirational!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

I've come up with one or two melodic ideas for the bass part, but tell me what you guys think about this: I'd like to wait until kwame has tracked his drum parts, in order to play off of that. To me, it would create a far more organic feel, as I would be performing with a person. He might do a fill that could set my thinking in a totally different direction, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be so tempted to overplay in order to beef up the rhythm. If you guys are going to be soloing on top of this, about the last thing you need is a too-busy bass part. Come to think of it, it might make sense to track the bass part last, as I could create one or two off-hand harmony lines with the leads.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I was gone for the weekend and haven't caught up with what's going on, yet.

I'll give HR's tune a listen after work................
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      I've come up with one or two melodic ideas for the bass part, but tell me what you guys think about this: I'd like to wait until kwame has tracked his drum parts, in order to play off of that. To me, it would create a far more organic feel, as I would be performing with a person. He might do a fill that could set my thinking in a totally different direction, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be so tempted to overplay in order to beef up the rhythm. If you guys are going to be soloing on top of this, about the last thing you need is a too-busy bass part. Come to think of it, it might make sense to track the bass part last, as I could create one or two off-hand harmony lines with the leads.
                      That's fine with me, Craig.........even if the reverse happens and a bas lick inspires a drum part, it's easy enough to rerecord a part.
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I agree.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Started thinking, based on what Kwame had to say about what he was sending, that I'd rather have separate stereo tracks for the kick, snare, toms & overheads rather than one stereo mix I'm stuck with on my own tunes. Imaging for CPU space I'll eventually have to bounce it down to a master drum mix I'm stuck with, but I want to be 100% OK with the version I'm stuck with.

Sending WAV files is no problem from my end.......I was thinking the file sizes may be a bit much for some to download. Whatever you guys want is cool with me.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                            Well, if Kwame breaks his kit into 4+ controllable tracks ( In wav.) for his final take , the more tracks the merrier. Ideally a stereo overhead setup (2 mics) / 1 kick (2 if possible, one inside and one about 6' off the front head with a horse blanket encasing the entire front like an igloo sounds amazing The natural low end girth blended with the beater mic inside will melt your brain, it's so good) and one on the snare (2 if possible. One for each head) .

I've always wondered about the possibility of the conversion to mp3 has timeline robbing effects, even in the millisecond realm. Regardless, I think a lossless mixdown of the drums should be passed out to ensure exact timeline.
                            Then I guess bass and rhythm can get slapped on and then we can divvy up solo times. Or we can each do full passes and pick the best bits and transitions. It could go either way.
                            The only reason I was only going to use four tracks was to keep the file size and tracks down to a minimum because of the number of people playing on a song......more for track space.

I do like the the four track setup, though......gives a great drum tone but I can record eight tracks live!

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

So I'm assuming I would run a line out of the computer into my Fostex X-14, record the song onto one or two tracks, then overdub my part. What I'm unsure of is getting the recording back to you guys. Barring issues on my end, I could probably mail someone the tape and have them upload it, right?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Can you run a direct line out into the line in of your sound card on your PC, Craig? All you have to do is record the part you record on your Fostex onto a .wav file through the line in of your sound card and send it. We can deal with issues about aligning it with the other tracks so it synchs properly.

Unless you don't have a great sound card or software to record. You can always just dump it to a casette, and DJ can clean up tape hiss, etc.

And Kwame, however many tracks is fine. Your worries about file size are sort of irrelevant. If you are sending to DiamondJimi, track the drums at 24-bit 44.1, send them to DJ then he can convert to a stereo mp3 for the rest of us to track to. And that file would only be a few megabytes. Ask him how many tracks he wants for his mixdown though.
                                Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-09-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...