The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Here ya go. The bass has been delivered
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      OK, leave it to the old school geezer here. J, you have a telephone, right? Why couldn't I set up my amp around 4-5 feet from my own phone (catching some natural room noise/inherent reverb), then I could play along to a recording on my end while you record it on your end. Using tools on available, could you not sync it up properly?
      True, but never mind my limited experience with time-stretching audio - I'm not sure I can USB audio from my phone to record into Pro Tools real-time, and any other way, besides me calling you once you've got the track and recording the call as you play along into my phone's memory card and importing it results in my recording a phone's speaker...? I don't have the Skype like all the cool kids yet...

So if I understand DJ's premise correctly, if we're all going to get a MP3 of the drum track , import it into our DAWs, and send back a WAV of whatever part(s) we come up with? This is going to be a little more involved than we think...lol. Because if that's the case, Kwame (Fudd plays drums too, dunno if he has recording capability) has to already have a rough track w/ an arrangement to play? Like riff, verse 2-4x, chorus 'x' times, bridge, rhythm section for 800 guitar solos...how many bars is that gonna be? It'll take some collaboration, but can be done...

I'm having to learn all this crap anyway, going to have a friend on the East Coast do some drum tracks on a couple of tunes and he's not running PT either...and I've yet to swap files with people yet. But hey, playing to an already recorded drum track will be so fun for me - after two years of meticulously imposing a groove to a click-track, FFS...? Thank you!!
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Count me in somehow. I can do bass or guitars. Would have to download and upload files at work or at my Mom's house, but as for recording, I have all the gear I need.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          The thing is les, I'm not altogether certain if I could track my parts, let alone convert them from my 4 track to digital, which is about all of the equipment (4 track, bass and amp) I have left after the divorce.
          Originally posted by lesfunk
          I have no recording equipment at all. I'm a bass player. I don't write. I interpret
          Originally posted by jhale667
          Bummer, guys...
          Big time! Do either of you (Chef 7 Les) know anyone with a portable digital multi-track who would help you out for a couple of hours here and there?

Originally posted by ashstralia
          my problem would be the fact that i use a zoom mrs802 stand alone daw. i could bounce your tracks onto my machine, then produce a track which would synch up...
          Perfect!

also, we're going to end up with too many guitarists just like irl so maybe allocating a pair of guitarists for each song, or perhaps pick a key and a style and whoever comes up with the best peer voted riff or....geez i dunno. anyway, i'm definitely in.
          True, but establishing a good song is key. With the solo section/s, basically each of us would make full passes at the section/s and chop/choose and splice together a cohesive take.(on some songs)
          We're obviously taking this 1 song at a time.
          So I think the first song should def. have plenty of room for us all to show our chops and different styles ala' Hear n Aid style. Who cares if it's 8 minutes long!

So if I understand DJ's premise correctly, if we're all going to get a MP3 of the drum track , import it into our DAWs, and send back a WAV of whatever part(s) we come up with?
          I thought the mp3 format would be easier for us to work up and share our ideas via email ( in the pre production aspect). But once each of us is ready to track our bits (rhythm's/solo's etc.) , they should be in wav. format. (Not blended or mixed with the music), but simply the full single wave track of the guitar, bass etc.
          wwwyousendit.com is a great site for sending large files (free).

This is going to be a little more involved than we think...lol. Because if that's the case, Kwame (Fudd plays drums too, dunno if he has recording capability) has to already have a rough track w/ an arrangement to play? Like riff, verse 2-4x, chorus 'x' times, bridge, rhythm section for 800 guitar solos...how many bars is that gonna be? It'll take some collaboration, but can be done...
          True, it's gonna take some work,bro. But it'll def. be worth it.
          Fudd is a drummer, can't forget Ozzy. Also Go Spurs Go is a bass player as well. I'd mentioned this to him a year or 2 ago and he was into it big time....
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Cast of characters update:

Diamondjimi - gtr
            Jhale - gtr
            Sesh - gtr
            Coyote - gtr
            Hardrock69 - gtr - bass?- vocals???
            Chefcraig ?- Bass
            Kwame K - Drums

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

my problem would be the fact that i use a zoom mrs802 stand alone daw. i could bounce your tracks onto my machine, then produce a track which would synch up...or bite the bullet and get a cracked pro tools... or i dunno. tell me what you think, guys. also, we're going to end up with too many guitarists just like irl so maybe allocating a pair of guitarists for each song, or perhaps pick a key and a style and whoever comes up with the best peer voted riff or....geez i dunno. anyway, i'm definitely in.
              Check out Reaper. Free use for 30 days, then...well, free use after that but if you buy it is only 40 bucks US.....

Sorry....can't help but push it, as I am amazed a person could have this program.....easily the equivalent of ProTools for such a small outlay....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

HR, you down with some singin too?

Comment

• Etienne
                  Commando
                  • Aug 2010

I would contribute some sparkle-clean-Lukather-Landau-for-example-volume-swell-chords-guitars, if you want...

Comment

• standin
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2009

I can add vocals.
                    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I am starting up getting recording stuff together.I can Sing .Or if you want a guy singing my friend who used to post here can sing(Axl S)
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

i've been awol beering. promise i won't turn into sesh. (drunk sesh, that is; love ya mate!)... we definitely have many many talented musicians here of all stripes. gosh darn, where to start?

HR, i know and love my machine intimately. i'll be uploading wavs directly from it. that said, i won't fear the reaper.

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I want a slice of vocals, but I warn you that I like to rock out with my coch out! OWWWWWWWWWWWW!
                          Someone will have to have editing skills for the video release.
                          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I meant to sign on as Blaze this morning. Went back to change and it was past the 20 minutes. Drats

lol.... be sure and shave up nice for the adult release, VanHalener.
                            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• Reverberator
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Aug 2004

You could put me down for guitar ...but as I have no clue about the technical shite and all that , I'll go and play to my regular audiance of alziemers ridden olds who don't remember the last bum note.
                              Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                              the chazzers are so lucky
                              so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Oh, and if anything is to be made from this I'll be band manager...we'll split the profits 90/10. Deal?

Comment

Working...