The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Uh, no.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Cast of characters update:

Diamondjimi - gtr
      Jhale - gtr
      Sesh - gtr
      Coyote - gtr
      Reverberator - gtr
      Hardrock69 - gtr - bass?- vocals???
      VanHalener - Vocals?
      Chefcraig ?- Bass
      Kwame K - Drums
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Is the song going to be long, with many parts? I'm concerned with so many guitarists that it won't turn into a clusterfuck unless some people are doing minimalist rhythm type things. I think you can do this but is one guy going to do the writng, or what?

Will some be delegated to rhythm and some for solos? Having a dual lead, or three part would give people a chance to get involved, but don't people have to have the same point of reference and/or approach to have this come together as really cohesive and amazing?
        I'm just thinking out loud guys, all just food for thought since I want it to have the best chance of being really memorable and amazing, since I imagine that's the intent....

If there's a solo section , you could expand it by going up a minor third and doing that a couple times. I' m guessing you're going to do a balls out, loud crazy track. There just seems to be a lot of elements that have to be addressed and dealt with, unless I'm reading this wrong. What do you think?

Comment

• rocknrolldork
          Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2004

This whole thing is a cool idea. Looking forward to hearing the result.

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
          Is the song going to be long, with many parts? I'm concerned with so many guitarists that it won't turn into a clusterfuck unless some people are doing minimalist rhythm type things. I think you can do this but is one guy going to do the writng, or what?

Will some be delegated to rhythm and some for solos? Having a dual lead, or three part would give people a chance to get involved, but don't people have to have the same point of reference and/or approach to have this come together as really cohesive and amazing?
          I'm just thinking out loud guys, all just food for thought since I want it to have the best chance of being really memorable and amazing, since I imagine that's the intent....

If there's a solo section , you could expand it by going up a minor third and doing that a couple times. I' m guessing you're going to do a balls out, loud crazy track. There just seems to be a lot of elements that have to be addressed and dealt with, unless I'm reading this wrong. What do you think?
          Maybe you guys should do more than one song so everyone who signed up can get involved. Throw a few demos out there then choose who will work on what.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            HR, you down with some singin too?
            Sure. We will have to have some kind of peer-voted lyric thang as well. I am good with that, so I am up for writing as well.

Perhaps we can make some kind of group decision on the title of the song, and write lyrics off that.

Or, once the basic arrangement is set, so we know which sections are verses or choruses, then some of us can take a stab at writing lyrics first and then come up with a title from that.

And yes, as for the format, for the rest of us to have something to play to, a stereo mp3 drum track is just fine. I can import it into Reaper and then lay down whatever I need to and export my cuntribution as a .wav. 24-bit 44.1 is no prob.

Have to figure out a good tempo....asskicking fast? Medium headbang? Doomy Sludge? But then, if we are going to do more than one song, we can do one at one speed, then next one slower or faster or whatever.

Kristy, if you get us a gig as the opening act at a puppet show, I might give you about 37 cents for a commission.
            Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-06-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

I will play Tuba.

Actually I will just sit on the sidelines. As no one is reading post's anymore in this thread.

Roth On All!
              Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-06-2011, 12:35 AM. Reason: I have when the Tuba player got sick...whole Hallujah ... same fingering as Trumpet.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Great points, Thrills.

I guess it'll depend what the majority wants, as far as song type [up tempo rocker or whatever] and a lot of that shit will get sorted out once ideas start floating around. Hell, that's the fun of collaborating.......that out of left field riff or happy accident. Since we're a pretty diverse group, stylistically speaking, I would love to see everyone's style get represented but The Beast will take on a life of it's own.

As far as having too many of one thing or another.......from the stuff I've heard, everyone's a player here so I'm sure everyone will play for the song.....plus, that's what mixing is for, turning off/down guitar tracks Having said that....we can always do a 15 min wankfest

I agree with the consensus as far as format. Sharing MP3's, in the demoing phase, is quick and easy...........using WAV's once tracks are nailed saves upload/download/mailing time. My set-up is simple......one track each for bass and snare, two tracks for ambiance, four tracks total and then bounced to stereo. Unless someone needs a smaller track or file.....on my end, it's easy to bounce to a single track if anyone needs just a single track.

24 bit /44.1 is the way to go.

Once a click track or guide track is established syncing everyone up is simple.......pick a click track, establish the format [intro, verse, chorus, solo and ending] once we have a rough rhythm track add real drums, tweak the rhythm till it's nailed and build off of that............that's they way we've always done it but nothing's written in stone.
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  OK, leave it to the old school geezer here. J, you have a telephone, right? Why couldn't I set up my amp around 4-5 feet from my own phone (catching some natural room noise/inherent reverb), then I could play along to a recording on my end while you record it on your end. Using tools on available, could you not sync it up properly?
                  If you have a four track all you need is to get that into your computer. If your sound card has inputs or a mic input you can bounce your tracks into your computer. Use the output of your four track as a mixing board or DI. As fas as software goes....I can send you Sonar or you can get what HR has been using for free.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Do most read music so a score could be constructed. It need not be a score necessarily. It can be a word written clarification. It really does not have to be one song. However, so not to over tax K another percussionist or 2 would be useful.

We might be able to do a rock symphony. Maybe, an established story line like the Battle of Thermopylae or something recent, The Osama compound raid. Tossing ideas.
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

I read music.
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-06-2011, 01:36 AM. Reason: I am a percussionist....been one since I was 5. But you do not listen in your enthusiasm. Waha Wah Wah Wah....Charlie Brown
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Blaze
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I have vague memories of percussion score. I wouldn't be able to write. I have not relearned it.
                        I haven't been playing with it much as of late, however Pizzicato writes and organizes different sections well.
                        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Musical notation is the same as reading Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs to me. Totally a 'by-ear' person.

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

That should be no issue. I did a thesis on writing music for spacial concept.
                            Your sound however, might need to be translated for those that have lost hearing and depend on visual or vibratory.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

What I will do is put a pitch transposer on my guitar parts, so that the track will be rumbling along at 8 hertz or so.

Those who are deaf will surely hear it anyway. THROUGH THEIR SKIN!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

i've had an idea. my tune 'teleblast' really only needs a couple of more bits (pre chorus, chorus and a bridge), and it would be a whole song. if i finish it this weekend, maybe we can pass it around and make different versions of it, using different players and singers on each version? there could be an all instrumental/ shred version, one with HR singing, one with jackass singing, one with les and craig and jay, one with extra cowbell.....crazy, i know. but at least it's a concrete start. what do you think boys and girls?

Comment

Working...