Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: CANCELLED: Van Halen - Live at the Soundwave Revolution - Australia 2011

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why do some think Fair Warning is a "dark" album? Unchained, So This is Love, Mean Street----dark? Fuck no. This was a dark era I suppose as it's around this time Ed's white hot hatred of Dave could no longer be contained. No vocals on the new tracks yet? Wonder if they scrapped everything Dave brought in or vetoed everything he sent in, or is his voice bringing auto-tune to it's knees? God I hope they don't tarnish what is left of their image with crap music.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Why do some think Fair Warning is a "dark" album? Unchained, So This is Love, Mean Street----dark? Fuck no. This was a dark era I suppose as it's around this time Ed's white hot hatred of Dave could no longer be contained. No vocals on the new tracks yet? Wonder if they scrapped everything Dave brought in or vetoed everything he sent in, or is his voice bringing auto-tune to it's knees? God I hope they don't tarnish what is left of their image with crap music.
    Mean Street is not dark?

Every read the lyrics?
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Melodicrock doesn't know shit. Everything in that post is either regurgitated or speculative. Par for the course!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    Melodicrock doesn't know shit. Everything in that post is either regurgitated or speculative. Par for the course!
    Nobody is a bigger critic of MelodiCrock than me, but in this case, it's in Australia, so Andrew might actually have an actual source, for once. So far, I haven't seen anything from him that wasn't printed elsewhere "down under" as well.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    I wonder how successful the VH tour of the USA (if and when), is going to be. They are clearly not a stadium act and are going to need a STRONG opener to bring anything close to capacity crowds to arenas this time around. Part of the success of the last tour was the novelty/nostalgia factor. The apparent lack of interest down under can be blamed on any and all of the bands on that roster, other than Alice Cooper and VH, it's a pretty cheesy group. Maybe they should play smaller venues (not clubs like solo Roth did) so they can at least roll with the hype of a "Sold-Out" tour. And the once mighty continue to fall.
    Ok Sammy lover, great post. This post clearly represents how jealous Van Hagar fans are of the REAL Van Halen. With Diamond Dave at the helm, Van Halen do not require ANY band for an opening act and they will continue to sell out arenas all across America. Know why? People still care about the REAL Van Halen and the timeless music they created. Ronald McHagar will only be remembered for ruining a great American band. Don't believe me. He took over a band at their zenith and road them straight into the ground, culminating with a complete joke of a reunion tour that nobody cared about. Good thing Dave rides a fucking white horse!

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i've got a really bad feeling about all of this. like '96 all over again. fuck you eddie van failure.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess I can understand why a sheep might be posting from the middle of a Kansas corn field, but how can it text on a cell phone with cloven hooves?

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave 'Heater' Fan is posting not too far from Leavenworth Prison, where Van Hagar has provided the soundtrack to many shower-time romances....

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whisky, Im a CVH fan, they don't exist anymore. Different bass player, remember? Did you ever see them before 85? Or are you another wannabe? You know, spouting all this BS that anyone with a modem can get. The last tour, not a complete joke, but not without it's low points. More than a few shitty nights from Ed, Dave a bit tentative on stage (I think you meant to say RODE them into the ground, not ROAD). Piped in vocals and bass lines!!! I still have my doubts about what's next with these guys, sold out arenas is NOT a guarantee. You are building this up in your mind way too much and if anything negative is said you get scared. I'm just being realistic, you sound like one of those hysterical to the point of tears fans. Did you think Dave bouncing up and down on his giant microphone was cool? We are not in Kansas anymore Toto, you little pal F.O.R.D. is, doing his own trolling.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks Bleater. You just confirmed my suspicions that you're a repeating troll, and not a new lamb.

And yeah, you ARE in Kansas. And your little dog too, I guess.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OK...back on topic.

I see jhale posted the update from VHND that mentions the "Get Ready" message is back on DLR's website.

And...SHOCKINGLY....the brothers have updated their site as well!! It is simply the Classic VH logo along with links to their social media outlets and a link to sign up for their "newsletter."

Funny how by all accounts it was like pulling teeth to get the Soundwave Revolution ad on their site, but getting it OFF happened lightning quick.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have to admit, I'm shocked that it only took a few days to swap out a jpeg. Well done, VH! The way I see it - not having to haul their asses down under should expedite the album releasing process... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    OK...back on topic.

I see jhale posted the update from VHND that mentions the "Get Ready" message is back on DLR's website.

And...SHOCKINGLY....the brothers have updated their site as well!! It is simply the Classic VH logo along with links to their social media outlets and a link to sign up for their "newsletter."

Funny how by all accounts it was like pulling teeth to get the Soundwave Revolution ad on their site, but getting it OFF happened lightning quick.
    Kudos to Mushroom Boy! He's really been busy lately.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Everyone sign up for the No News is Good Newsletter.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do appreciate the pics that VHND releases every now & then...

Anyone care to guess how hammered Eddie was in this pic? I'd love to see the entire set of pics from this shoot...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    i've got a really bad feeling about all of this. like '96 all over again. fuck you eddie van failure.
    Same here... I smell the makings of late 2006/early 2007 again. Tour on, tour off, HOF on, HOF off... alleged rehab... oh wait... time for a new guitar!! Wait... only a replica of an old guitar... But wait there's more... replicas of not-so-old guitars... What tour?

Get on with it already...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    This is a load of crap. Hope VH still tours. They don't need the festivals in order to make bank. They will sell out every show they play down there.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From VHND....

Soundwave Revolution Cancelled Because Of Aerosmith Backing Out & Lagging Ticket Sales
    Tuesday, 9 August 2011

When it was announced that the Soundwave Revolution festival in Australia was cancelled yesterday, some fans were quick to blame Van Halen, assuming that they must have pulled out of the festival. The truth is, Van Halen DID NOT pull out of Soundwave Revolution, and had nothing to do with the festival being cancelled.

The promoter had been planning on securing one or two additional headliners, which he was unable to do. Triple M in Australia revealed today that AEROSMITH was the unannounced second headliner that pulled out of the festival. Between Aerosmith backing out, and lagging ticket sales, the promoter decided to cancel the festival.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bummer about Soundwave Revolution. I think we all the the real reason for the cancellation, read the tour rider idiots!

"Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    OK...back on topic.

Click on the YouTube button and watch all the classic VH videos!!!! All two of them, Jump and Pretty Woman. What a youtube channel
    This space for rent.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    Click on the YouTube button and watch all the classic VH videos!!!! All two of them, Jump and Pretty Woman. What a youtube channel
    Yeah, I know, pretty pathetic isn't it? You'd expect a few exclusive proshot videos from the last tour or some video footage from the band's archives, but no, they post the two videos everyone has seen hundreds of times already. Seeing as they have a dormant, rarely updated website, should we expect any more from this band?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The mushroom is useless as tits on a boar hog and has the easiest webmastering gig on the entire internets. I wonder how much he gets paid by the band to do nothing?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Now THAT says it all....

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Doesn't seem to matter who gets paid what for VH's website... I see no reason to bash the web guy for lack of updates, cuntent, or any reasonable signs of life.

The Van Halen website is purely a reflection of the state of the band and Ed & Al's total fuck the fans attitude. The Dutch Pricks will have plenty to share when they've got something to sell whatever fan base is left starving for a bone... simple as that...

To me... the more pathetic element is Diamond Dave is sitting bound and gagged in leaky dingy tied off and trailing the Mother ship with no rudder in the water. Remember Dave's quote that "money can't buy you happiness, but it will buy you a yacht big enough to pull right up along side it..." today's picture is down-right sad...

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Way too negative guys - it is down to money, not lack of material/not rehearsed.

If there are low ticket sales then the money doesn't add up. As headliners they probably have it in the contract "$1 million to appear" and if they've sold less tickets to cover that it is a contractual issue, for them and the other acts.

Do you really think that if VH are still tinkering in the studio, only have 5 songs so far (which may be the case) and not a full album that would be reason to cancel a whole festival with the 20 plus other acts?

The organizers wouldn't give a shit about new material and just say "play 'Unchained', 'HFTT', 'Liittle Dreamer', there you go. Here's your green"

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Halen To Tour Australia Early 2012?
    Wednesday, 17 August 2011 This is the news we want to hear – more talk about Van Halen’s upcoming album and tour!

According to Australia’s long-running rock station Triple M, the aborted Van Halen tour of Australia is back on the table for 2012!

A week following the cancellation of Soundwave Revolution, which they were headlining, two promoters have gone in and spoken to Van Halen management and band saying ‘we really want Van Halen here next year’.

Triple M Music reporter Nui Te Koha told the Hot Breakfast morning show listeners that fans should start gearing themselves up for shows early next year.

“This will be an arena tour,” he revealed. “Van Halen has got an album coming out really soon. Two promoters have gone in and said ‘this Soundwave Revolution thing was a debacle. We want to tour the band and it will happen early next year’.”

Bring it on boys!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL.

So fucking typical. Will they or won't they?

And short of us, nobody really fucking cares anymore.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The latedst from Sammy via Melodicrock:
    I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed. I really don't like them anymore, and I can't tell you how sad it is to me that what we had as creative guys, and as a friendship, how it just went away. Mike and I had the biggest laugh when they canceled (the Soundwave Festival in) Australia. He was like, 'I thought you told me they had canceled a couple months ago,' and I was, 'No, no, I told you they announced it.' 'Oh, they announced it,' and we just cracked up. They kill me."

He's like a bitter ex who says thye moved on but can't stop talking. He should be on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. He's fit right in with that no talen cunt ex wife of Frasier. What have you done and why are you always talking shit about youe ex??? Oh yea, bitter and jealous.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, I really need to use spellcheck.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    The latedst from Sammy via Melodicrock:
    I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed. I really don't like them anymore, and I can't tell you how sad it is to me that what we had as creative guys, and as a friendship, how it just went away. Mike and I had the biggest laugh when they canceled (the Soundwave Festival in) Australia. He was like, 'I thought you told me they had canceled a couple months ago,' and I was, 'No, no, I told you they announced it.' 'Oh, they announced it,' and we just cracked up. They kill me."

He's like a bitter ex who says thye moved on but can't stop talking. He should be on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. He's fit right in with that no talen cunt ex wife of Frasier. What have you done and why are you always talking shit about youe ex??? Oh yea, bitter and jealous.
    It really is classic though. On again off again. That's Van Halen.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    'On' and 'off' the crack-pipe: that's SpedCo.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2011/08/24...enn-story.html

Rocker Sammy Hagar appears to have written off any possibility of reteaming with Van Halen after revealing he no longer likes the brothers behind the band.

The ex-Van Halen frontman tells Billboard.com he's "disappointed" with guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his drummer brother Alex for the way they have treated bass player and his Chickenfoot bandmate Michael Anthony.

He says, "I'm so disappointed in those guys. I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed. I really don't like them anymore, and I can't tell you how sad it is to me that what we had as creative guys, and as a friendship, how it just went away.

"I miss Van Halen (but) I don't like them f**kers, and f**k those guys for what they did to Mikey especially, not me. Unnecessary. Bad guys. But I miss 'em, you know. I miss that musicianship and that creative spark and that friction that made it all work."

Hagar recently confessed he'd like to reunite with his former bandmates at some point while he was promoting new book Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look up schadenfreude and you'll see a pix of Sam & Mike.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Same shit different pile..................

Next!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Get A Big Fucking Hairy Dog Up Both Them.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Some cunt changd my name
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yor sick.

Thread Information