Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Perfect time to go to Aussie, a bit off on the forecast there, Ford.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

EXCLUSIVE: Van Halen Aussie Tour Rumours Including Sideshows And AFL Grand Final
      Post by: Dave-O 9 June, 2011 - 9:28 AM

There have been a lot of Van Halen rumours going around about them doing extra shows alongside their appearance at the upcoming Soundwave Revolution festival.

One of the biggest rumours is that the hard rockers will play the AFL Grand Final. While that seems highly unlikely as Van Halen will be busy tearing up the Adelaide leg of the Soundwave Revolution tour on the same day of the Grand Final, which is, of course, played in Melbourne, Triple M music reporter contacted promoters yesterday to try and get a definitive answer.

"The band may be sounded out for the grand final. Let's not say it's happening yet, but… there might be a possibility that they'll be sounded out to play," said Nui.

If Van Halen were to play the AFL Grand Final, it would certainly be a different vibe to last year's act, 80s pop star Lionel Richie!

The other rumour is that Van Halen will play sideshows.

"[The promoter] said sideshows are a possibility but only if the Soundwave festivals sells out. They've got some dates up their sleeve. There's a whole week that Van Halen are here where they're not playing shows."

Van Halen joins Alice Cooper, Hole and Alter Bridge (featuring Slash's Myles Kennedy) as headliners for this year's Soundwave Revolution festival, while a new Van Halen album should be out by August.
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/...0609-ck4m.html

EXCLUSIVE: Van Halen Aussie Tour Rumours Including Sideshows And AFL Grand Final
        Post by: Dave-O 9 June, 2011 - 9:28 AM

There have been a lot of Van Halen rumours going around about them doing extra shows alongside their appearance at the upcoming Soundwave Revolution festival.

One of the biggest rumours is that the hard rockers will play the AFL Grand Final. While that seems highly unlikely as Van Halen will be busy tearing up the Adelaide leg of the Soundwave Revolution tour on the same day of the Grand Final, which is, of course, played in Melbourne, Triple M music reporter contacted promoters yesterday to try and get a definitive answer.

"The band may be sounded out for the grand final. Let's not say it's happening yet, but… there might be a possibility that they'll be sounded out to play," said Nui.

If Van Halen were to play the AFL Grand Final, it would certainly be a different vibe to last year's act, 80s pop star Lionel Richie!

The other rumour is that Van Halen will play sideshows.

"[The promoter] said sideshows are a possibility but only if the Soundwave festivals sells out. They've got some dates up their sleeve. There's a whole week that Van Halen are here where they're not playing shows."

Van Halen joins Alice Cooper, Hole and Alter Bridge (featuring Slash's Myles Kennedy) as headliners for this year's Soundwave Revolution festival, while a new Van Halen album should be out by August.
        aren't there sceduling problems with the VMAS and the Superbowl halftime show?
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

New album out in August..? Hmmmm...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

I honestly forgot they were working on a new album. No momentum and no news and all.
            This space for rent.

Comment

• GennyVH
              Groupie
              • May 2011

I'm still astonished there's nothing on the official site...It's a dead site???

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GennyVH
                I'm still astonished there's nothing on the official site...It's a dead site???
                The official site has been worthless for well over a decade.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GennyVH
                  Groupie
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                  The official site has been worthless for well over a decade.
                  Oh, yep, I noticed it...VHND for example has been better for sure in all these years...but I'm only just curious because it is still online...bah...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

should have our airfare by next wednesday......
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This may be a dumb question - but is the AFL Grand Final like the SuperBowl of soccer..err, football?
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                        I honestly forgot they were working on a new album. No momentum and no news and all.
                        It's gotten to be like that old saying... if a tree falls in the middle of the woods and no one is there, does it make a noise..? or... If VH cuts an album will any fans be left to hear it...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Still no REAL news on this. I mean you would think Billboard, Rolling Stone, fucking Perez Hilton would have some news on Van Halen. But No! I wouldn't buy any tickets to the outback just yet.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

buyin' airfare tomorrow
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              buyin' airfare tomorrow
                              I hope it works out for ya bro. You are a brave man.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

what's the worst that could happen....?

Comment

Working...