X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

CANCELLED: Van Halen - Live at the Soundwave Revolution - Australia 2011

Update: Soundwave 2012 Lineup + Rumours The Soundwave Revolution full line up has finally been announced after just over 8 weeks of twittering, teasing and tempting us with over 50 band announcements. Phew. It has been announced that Van Halen, one of the biggest selling rock artists, will be headliners for the festival along with […]

The Soundwave Revolution full line up has finally been announced after just over 8 weeks of twittering, teasing and tempting us with over 50 band announcements. Phew.

It has been announced that Van Halen one of the biggest selling rock artists will be headliners for the festival along with Alice Cooper, Hole, Sisters Of Mercy, Danzig, Kevin Devine, Bad Religion, Machine Head, Alter Bridge.

The festival will be held in late September in the same capital cities as Soundwave 2011 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and after some struggles with the date, Perth.

Dates:
    Brisbane, 24th September 2011
    Sydney, 25th September 2011
    Melbourne, 30th September 2011
    Adelaide, 1st October 2011
    Perth, 3rd October 2011

The Line-up:

Headliner
    Van Halen

Main Stage 1
    Alice Cooper
    Bad Religion
    Alter Bridge
    All Time Low
    Steel Panther
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good news!! Thanks Mr Walker!! Made my day...

Even better is Alice being on the bill... this should help getting Ed back to his golf game between shows!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

My first thought was that September is only four months away, but then I realized that in '07 they had their press conference on Aug. 13th, with the first show in Charlotte on Sept. 27th, so that's a lifetime in VH-land....

I guess it also makes sense that they'd work out the bugs on the tour overseas before hitting the arenas again.....

Kinda pisses me off, it it holds true, that they aren't hitting ampitheaters again for a summer tour....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Holy shit!! If this is true, and I feel like it is, that means we'll most likely get some pro-shot HD footage of the band!! I guess this means I need to clear some time in November for a VH show in the states?
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
          Holy shit!! If this is true, and I feel like it is, that means we'll most likely get some pro-shot HD footage of the band!!
          Meaning Australia doesn't have the copyright laws that the U.S. does ?
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Good news for our many Roth Army pals down under!

Now Wolfgang can get a science education about how water flows down sinks and toilets the opposite way it does in the U.S.

But seriously....early Fall tour dates in Australia means we'll hear some new fucking music when??

July, anybody????
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Sheesh....

The lineup really falls off after Alice....
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

yeah right.... we've also heard rumours of ratm and blink at this show... show me the cd vh, show me the new songs i'll be singing along to. your time begins...... NOW.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Meaning Australia doesn't have the copyright laws that the U.S. does ?
                  In my experience, every country not in north america films their big shows and broadcasts them on TV.... Do you get a channel called 'Palladia'? I'd say just about everything on it is from Europe/AUS/SA... I don't see why there wouldn't be a wrap-up show to this fest, just like there is with every other fest that they broadcast....
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Great News! Thanks, Mr. Walker!
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mama's Fool
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Can't wait to hear some new tunes!

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Luckily Machine Head is not the same day.

Saw them open for Megadeth and Slayer....they destroy the place...unreal live band.

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Very cool news....Now if we could just get the new music....
                          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

And so it begins. And no fucking word at all from Howdy Doody Mountain.

Alice Cooper is here in Gnashville right now. Rehearsing, but for what I do not know. Friend of mine has been present at his rehearsals.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

i hope panamark and ash have room for all of us.....
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...