X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

NHL Playoffs

San Jose well on their way to pulling another choke job. As a Red Wing fan I am loving it but what is the deal with the Sharks? Choke after choke by these clowns, seems like the Wings are the only good team that has a hard time with these assholes.
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

I know......WTF, it's almost like the Wings need their backs against the wall to be interested in playing these guys!

Coming back from 3-0 is an impossible task but makes for great hockey if "your" team is making the comeback.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Sharks gutted out a tough game 7 win. Now Vancouver gets to finish the choke artists off. Bet the Canucks win in 5 if not sweep the Sharks.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
        Sharks gutted out a tough game 7 win. Now Vancouver gets to finish the choke artists off. Bet the Canucks win in 5 if not sweep the Sharks.
        I sure hope so, but it is going at least 6.

My prediction is that the Sedins get going in this series due to the more open style of play the Sharks play.

Kesler is all-world and a top 5 player in the league. I was saying this to anyone who would listen halfway through the season. He does absolutely everything well: top shut-down forward, 41 goals, PP, penalty kill, blocks shots, sits in front of the net getting hacked. Unreal player and an American!!!

Nucks are the top offensive and defensive team this year, which is an incredible feat. That will be the decider...being able to win the close games against a good Sharks team.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

BTW, if Atlanta does end up going to WInnipeg (which looks vey likely) the Wings would then move to the Eastern Conference where they belong.

For you Dale, this means a really weak conference and a very easy path to the Cup each and every year. Enjoy!
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

We have been in the West so long being in the East will be weird lol. Wondering why you think it will go 6, Sharks got their asses handed to them by Shitcago last year after playing the Wings and the Canucks seem like a better team to me.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think it is near impossible to sweep this deep in the playoffs.

I personally don't really like some of the Sharks (Thornton), but Dan Boyle is a top tier D-man and Niemi is a good goalie. Thornton played well last night.

I like some of their younger players - Setogouchi, Ben Eager. Heatly will score as well.

San Jose is a big team and thus potentially a tougher matchup for Vancouver.

If the style is wide-open, the Nucks will dominate.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Also, no team with 18 Canadian players on their roster is going to be swept in the Conference Finals
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Terribly tragic news in the hockey world tonight as New York Rangers forward Derek Boogaard(notes) has passed away at the age of 28.

R.I.P.
                  Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 05-14-2011, 01:35 PM. Reason: boobs
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Looks like Atlanta to Winnipeg is all but done.

I am hearing that it will be another year before Detroit will go to the Eastern conference.

Winnipeg will be in the Eastern Conference this year, which makes sense given how quickly everything is happening.

Who knows...there is talk Nashville could go to the East and Detroit could stay.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Nucks dominated game #1. They are a third period team all year and last game was no different.

Sedins were the difference as I predicted. Still going 6 though
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Still saying 5 if the Sharks are lucky.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

With the Canucks up 2-0 game 3 will show us if it is the same old folding Sharks or if they have actually turned over a new leaf. My money is on them folding, maybe they can talk the Canucks into wearing a Detroit uniform so they can actually grow a set for a game and play Vancouver tough.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm enjoying the Sharks & Canucks series... I don't get to see either team play much, so I like it. In the East, I'm pulling for Boston because I can't stand Tampa...

The Sharks need to do some pretty serious regrouping after the complete disassembly they showcased in period 3 of game 2....
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well that was a horrible game and I blame the officials. Was it 18 penalties?

That first on on the Canucks was ridiculous.

Basically, I do think the NHL is motivated to have these series extended. The refs in game 2 should have kept Eager under control and they over-reacted this game.

By not suspending Eager, we now have another more malicious blind-side hit on Canuck's D Rome.

He will be out for at least 2 games if not the rest of the playoffs. You can't start making up for lost calls the next game.

The nucks own the Sharks 5 on 5 and with a comparable amount of power plays. Canucks in 6
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...