X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    A fair number of people in Buffalo wouldn't. I like Ryan Miller, but he had an off year, and he's yet to win a really big game so he has his haterz here. Then again, if the Sabres' defense corp hadn't suffered more casualties in 2006 playoffs against Carolina than the Army did in Iraq, I suspect he would have taken home the Cup...

And the Canucks might well out-skill the Bruins, but they ain't going to push them around like you think...
    You already know this Nickd, but true hockey fans do not recognize the 1999 Cup that Dallas won. (that Buffalo could have)

It was a BS rule to begin with, but many a goal was nullified for the Crease rule all year long. To have a Triple OT goal decide the Cup that was a crystal clear infraction was a complete rip-off.

I wonder why I watched any hockey that year after watching that unfold.

For those who don't recall:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

For those conspiracy theorists...I ask the question how it is possible that there could be no penalties called in Game 7 of the Lightning Bruins series?

The NHL head office is suspect in my opinion. Justice must not also be done, but must appear to be done.

That is not the case in the NHL. The Bruins just so happen to have the worst power play perhaps in the history of the NHL playoffs.

There doesn't necessarily have to be any direct communication (althought there may have been) for a ambitious referee(s) to call teh game teh way the league would prefer.

I just can't see how there can be 21 penalties called and then another with zero.

I watched both games (21 and 0) and there were penalties in both...no way you can call zero penalties in that game.

We also have the pending controversy - Colin Campbell has a nephew on the Bruins!!!! How can he be objective should there be a controversial hit, etc and need to render an unbiased decision on a suspension?

My prediction. The refs will call penalties for the first couple of games, and then it will be a free-for-all, which of course benefits the Bruins.

Discuss...
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

oh yeah...there hadn't been a game without a penalty for 20 years. That is a 2 and a zero - 20.

Also, Tampa had the second most productive power play.

I don't really care how the game is called, just make a decision and stick to it. From the start of the season until the end.

Otherwise, you can't help but think it is dirty pool.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

classic NHL, call it one way for the season and another for the Playoffs. You are preaching to the choir man, I long for the days that officials don't decide pro sports but more times then not it is out of the player's hands and in the hands of the fuck head with a whistle.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
            We also have the pending controversy - Colin Campbell has a nephew on the Bruins!!!! .
            Correction!!! It's Colin Campbell's son!!!!! rofl
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Colin Campbell steps down!!

Read the latest sports news, featuring scores, game updates, schedules and athlete news for hockey, basketball, soccer, football, baseball, and more.

At least they did the right thing...probably should have done this earlier.

Bettman knows that as a lawyer it is the appearance of a conflict that is at issue. Here it is more than an appearance but a huge conflict.

It is the dream of all parents to see their kids succeed...10 times the case for a Canadian Dad to see his son lift the Stanley Cup.

Unbelievable he held the position at all in my opinion.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well, Game #1 was like Men against Boys. The Bruins weren't much of a threat offensively.

Thomas played well and kept it close, but really, it's just a matter of time before the Canucks learn that Thomas gambles and adjust accordingly. He always bites on the first move.

So for the Nucks to lose the Bruins need to win 4 of the next 6. Just can't see it.

The Canucks are too strong.

Kesler's toe drag kept the play onside and he made the perfect pass to Hansen. Kesler is a beast.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lucianno Pavarotti came back from the dead to sing the Canadian anthem? That's cool, but they could have brought him a decent microphone for fucks sake!
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Overtime lasts a whole 11 seconds - Canucks win 3-2 and lead the series 2-0

But even if the Canucks sweep this, it ain't gonna be easy wins.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Keep gambling Thomas! What a story Burrows is. He had to try out for his East Coast Hockey League team!!

Bruins played better than game #1, but how do you stop these Canucks? All year we have been so strong in the third period because of our speed and constant checking.

These aren't your Big Bad Bruins anymore.

They are the best team in a weak Conference.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                        it's just a matter of time before the Canucks learn that Thomas gambles and adjust accordingly. He always bites on the first move.

That didn't take long...adjust after one game. So sweet Burrows of all people beat Vezina winner and Norris winner on same play

I happened to be outside enjoying the moment with a couple thousand of my closest friends on the big screen at the time. Word is there was over 100,000 in Vancouver watching the game in bars and outdoor venues.

Good times
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Too good not to share:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Used to be a big hockey fan. Not anymore. Regardless, watched the whole game Saturday night. Great game and I'm glad the Canucks won.
                            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

About time a Canadian team is in the final again, bring home the cup to Canada!!
                              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I still think the Canucks are going to win this thing, but damn.... what the fuck happened last night??
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...