Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidFlamma View Post
    it's just a matter of time before the Canucks learn that Thomas gambles and adjust accordingly. He always bites on the first move.

That didn't take long...adjust after one game. So sweet Burrows of all people beat Vezina winner and Norris winner on same play

I happened to be outside enjoying the moment with a couple thousand of my closest friends on the big screen at the time. Word is there was over 100,000 in Vancouver watching the game in bars and outdoor venues.

Good times
    Roth Army Canada

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Too good not to share:

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Used to be a big hockey fan. Not anymore. Regardless, watched the whole game Saturday night. Great game and I'm glad the Canucks won.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    About time a Canadian team is in the final again, bring home the cup to Canada!!
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still think the Canucks are going to win this thing, but damn.... what the fuck happened last night??
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it's all good Ford...Basically, it all changed when Boston got a couple of bounces...Edler's stick broke to start the second which led to goal #1. Kesler then scored on luongo on the penalty kill.

Luongo is well-known for these types of blow-outs only to return with a stellar performance.

I promise you the Nucks will tighten everything up.

Their system is based on 6 active d-men. They had only 5 after Rome was kicked out.

That is a seperate issue. kind of strange that Rome was knocked out of the playoffs earlier this year in a hit from behind...no suspension given to the offendor.'

In this case, it was a late hit to be sure, but it is what they call a "North-South" hit...so he wasnt coming at him laterally (blind-side).

He was just standing him up albeit late...about a half second too late by NHL standards of a half second.

The new director of officiating actually had the nerve to admit at the presser that he consulted Brian Burke (who held the role previously) but now a rival GM at Toronto.. Does he not know that Burke was fired from Vancouver, finded for tampering with Vancouver, and has publically stated his disdain for theVancouver owners?

All I can say is ...Wow. I don't disagree with 4 games for the infraction, but you don't make a precedent in the Stanley Cup Final!!!!

Precedent is one game. This punishment is out of line. There have been two-handers to the knees to Bieksa and a punch in the head from Lucic to Burrows where a minor wasn't even called.

Bizarre. Don't get me started on the relationship the Bruins owner has with Bettman and his position (Chairman of the NHL disciplinary committee)

I wish all the best to Nathan Horton and a quick recovery!
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-07-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: can't type

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stupid frigging local NBC affiliate in Albany, NY would rather show talentless dicklicks like Howie Mandel and their terrible Sunday rerun game shows than show the Stanley Cup Finals!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GO B's ! Time to bite back! Better yet, just stab a couple of those French Cunts!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Stupid frigging local NBC affiliate in Albany, NY would rather show talentless dicklicks like Howie Mandel and their terrible Sunday rerun game shows than show the Stanley Cup Finals!
    Does anyone know why tomorrow night's game is being broadcast on the Bicycle channel?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The new director of officiating said in his presser today that he reached his decision after tyalking to Doctors...

So what he is basically saying is he isn't basing his unprecedented 4 game Finals suspension on the hit, but on the result.

Where he is wrong is that the players know full well, times out of 10, their hits from behind, etc will not result in an injury.

What will end up happening - more and more bad hits.

If they punish the act itself and ignore the injury you can actually have an effect on these plays. How qualified is this new guy that he would consult a rival GM who has a hate-on for Vancouver?

Anyone remember the blind-side hit on Daniel Sedin by Ben Eager? Unpunished!!!

NHL...you need to get your head out of your A$*

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    GO B's ! Time to bite back! Better yet, just stab a couple of those French Cunts!
    The league won't ( or better put can't allow) let the Bruins get away with what happened last game. I couldn't believe how poorly the officials controlled the game.

A full on punch to the face right in front of the refs by Lucic and no penalty? Its all good, but if the Canucks did that it would be 5 minutes. Their owner isn't part of a group of owners keeping Bettman as Commish...

When it got out of control all they could do is toss everyone with 10-minute misconducts. Ridiculous.

Vancouver needed to lose one anyways so we can celebrate the Cup vicotry at home!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    You can't get CBC in Albany (or where ever you are)? Damn, I thought all the northern border states could get CBC. When I was a kid, I swear we got it with a rooftop antenna, some 200 miles south of Vancouver. I remember watching Sesame Street in French (though I never picked up the language)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vancouver needed to lose one anyways so we can celebrate the Cup vicotry at home!!
    Yeah, I was working that out in my head when I was watching the carnage last night. Even if this goes the full series, Game 7 is in Vancouver. So even if the home team wins every game, Canucks still come out ahead.

Game 5 or Game 7....either works for me (as long as Luongo gets his shit together!)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm pulling for Vancouver mostly because they have the most ex-Panthers out of the 2 teams playing, but goddamn that hit was nasty. 4 games is nothing compared to what Horton is going to be going through for the next 6+ months. I feel that Rome made a choice to hit late, high and get off his feet.

I also think Roberto will bounce back after this blow-out. I watched him do it for years here. I still think Vancouver in 6...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Director of officiating said it was a clean hit if it was delivered one half second earlier.

The 4 games was given because Aaron Rome is Aaron Rome.

Easy to make an example of a #6 or #7 d-man versus a guy like Chara or Bieksa

The league looks bad because they are so inconsistent. You can't suspend based on an injury or star versus plumber...they need to focus on the behaviour or nothing will change.

Still aghast that he had the nerve to admit he solicited advice from a GM who publically hates one of the teams involved. Insanity

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    You can't get CBC in Albany (or where ever you are)? Damn, I thought all the northern border states could get CBC. When I was a kid, I swear we got it with a rooftop antenna, some 200 miles south of Vancouver. I remember watching Sesame Street in French (though I never picked up the language)
    You need to go old school Nick! I know that the CBC still has an analog signals working for now.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Ford, how serious is that story about a Seattle group interested in an NHL franchise?

I forsee a day within 5 years where you have both an NBA and NHL team in a new building and one owner. Who knows, Vancouver may have an NBA team as well.

Can't believe the NBA left these lucrative markets.

Too bad you guys blew your load on the other two stadiums.

Baseball is such a bore, imo

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really haven't given two shits about the NBA since those OklaHomos stole the Sonics. And I haven't set foot in a Starfucks since Howard Schultz let it happen either. But yeah, eventually there will be another team. And probably the NHL too. I've only actually been to one hockey game in my life, and that was during the short existence of the Tacoma Rockets (I think they're in Kelowna now). I was a little disappointed in the game because there wasn't a single fight.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I really haven't given two shits about the NBA since those OklaHomos stole the Sonics. And I haven't set foot in a Starfucks since Howard Schultz let it happen either. But yeah, eventually there will be another team. And probably the NHL too. I've only actually been to one hockey game in my life, and that was during the short existence of the Tacoma Rockets (I think they're in Kelowna now). I was a little disappointed in the game because there wasn't a single fight.
    Sonicsgate was a damn good doc., made me again, further appreciate the Seattle fanbase.

It's cool to see OKC with a franchise, their fans seem to really have fallen in love with that team and the game itself, it just sucks balls that it was the Sonics who were the victims of greedy assholes. Much. like. my. Browns.

Seattle should get the Sonics back period.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Luongo is well-known for these types of blow-outs only to return with a stellar performance.

I promise you the Nucks will tighten everything up.
    How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You need to go old school Nick! I know that the CBC still has an analog signals working for now.
    I saw it last night was on Versus. But I'm in a hotel right now in eastern NY, and apparently NBC is shit here, especially in a state with three NHL franchises and about four or five AHL ones. There isn't really all that much as far as bars go, but there is a sports bar and an Applebees nearby. I was just too tired to deal with the douchebag yuppies in the lame sportsbar and I hate mall-chains...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Warham View Post
    How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.
    Things are so tight at thos point in the playoffs. I heard that New England sports fans only show up when they are winning, so nioce to see you posting

The Nucks could have gone up by one except one of the Sedin's stick shattered with Thomas out of position. Instead Luongo lets in a softie between the wickets for the first goal.

The game can change on the smallest thing. I forget exactly when it was, but Hansen was going in on a breakaway and he was called on the offside call. Replays showed it wasn't even close.

These things happen though. One of the things that you can't help but think is that the NHL wants 7 games. I can't think of any reason why they are allowing the thugery that the Bruins are employing.

I personally enjoy that type of hockey and the Bruins need to play that way to win. I just don't understand how the league can say one thing about what they will tolerate, play an entire season that way, and then let it all fall to the wayside for the Finals.

Again, not complaining but I don't think it makes any sense for the league to operate that way. I bet the games are called differently in Vancouver to keep the home team winning and then the 7th game will be a toss-up.

I find it really funny that the Bruins are winning the PR war and how somehow the Nucks are the cheap-shot artists.
    Sure Burrows and Lapierre talk alot, but the Bruins have been delivering two handers all series long and nothing is being called.
    But somehow they saw Kesler make a slash late in the third. I just can't make any sense of that.

I am a bit worried as Kesler apparently has a major injury and is playing on one leg.

Hockey is perhaps teh one sport where home ice means alot. The last change will help the Nucks minimize the impact of the Bruins shut-down guys. That is part of the reason Chara made so many mistakes in Vancouver. He had to play so much more in order to try and match up with teh Sedin line.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just one more rant...the NHL needs to have some consistency in determining what a penalty is and isn't.

At the end of the game Burrows taps the knob end of Thomas' stick...trying to annoy him for sure.

Thomas responds with a two hander and full wind-up with that huge piece of lumber that is a goalie stick and then follows that up with a blocker to Burrows face before Burrows decides to retaliate with a shot in the general area of Thomas' head. Talk about intent to injure.

I am not saying Thomas shhould be suspended necessarily, but a 2 minute minor? He probably should have been kicked out, particularly given the time of game and what the refs were doing in similar circumstances the game before.

I couldn't believe it when the ref appeared to be asking Thomas if he was alright as the Bruins piled on the diminutive Burrows. Unbelievable! Just some consistency would be nice.

I think Thomas outweighs Burrows by about 50 lbs, rofl. "Are you alright?" Did you sprain your arm swinging that 10 pound weapon at Burrow's knee?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, are you ready to rumble?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's more like it Nucks!!

Can't understand calling Burrows and Lucic for minors. Lucic with the slew foot and Burrows for being Burrows I guess. That after 3 minor penalties against the Canucks. Only one penalty should have been called there

C'mon

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is there a bigger candy ass in the NHL other than Alex Burrows???? The entire Vancouver team is a bunch of fucking hacks....if they do end up winning the Cup, it will be the sorriest day in the NHL since Anaheim won the Cup

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hacks? More like most skilled team in the NHL being brought down by a complete turnaround in officiating...allowing the less skilled Bruins to hack and hold and hack and hold some more.

That "Candy-ass" singlehandedly beat the Bruins in game two. That "Candy-ass" beat Vezina winner Thomas and Norris winner Chara on same play to win the game. Oh yeah that was his second goal and 3rd point of that game.

Name me one Cup winner in the history of the NHL who didn't have someone who pushed the other team's buttons? Burrows happens to have the skill to play on the #1 line in all of hockey. Best line in the world statistically for 2 consequitive years.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Detroit Red Wings never had a pussy like Burrows on their team......

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another ridiculous penalty...Thomas is out of his crease and suddenly Kesler can move mountains at will...in the case the 6'9" Chara into Thomas?

C'mon.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpedUpMidget View Post
    Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????
    you're an idiot. Talk sports or go home.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Can't handle the truth??

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who did the Red Wings have that was as sorry as Burrows????

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then you have Kesler. who during the last Olympics, says that he hates Canadians......What a stupid idiotic team

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anybody else here see the irony of a guy with a black, orange, and yellow flag in his avatar complaining about black, orange, and yellow uniforms?

Having said that, I'll admit I like the other colors better. Probably because they borrowed them from the Seahawks.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have made my point....enough said...your team sucks

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By the way, it's a yellow , black, and red flag, Skippy.......

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well that is quite the statement. Shutout Luongo in a game where the Nucks dominated from a physical perspective.

One more win for the Cup!

Still can't understand the bias the linesmen and refs are showing. Throwing out Henrik in the last minute from the faceoff circle? For what?

How many time was the Bruin in the faceoff circle with his skates way to far forward past the hash marks? Even Kesler pointed it out about 3 times and the linesman wanted to drop the puck. I mean what is that exactly?

Ok I guess let it go, but then to kick Henrik out for nothing that I could see is just mind-boggling. One more win baby!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have made my point....enough said...your team is about to win the Stanley Cup

Thread Information