X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    Luongo is well-known for these types of blow-outs only to return with a stellar performance.

I promise you the Nucks will tighten everything up.
    How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
      You need to go old school Nick! I know that the CBC still has an analog signals working for now.
      I saw it last night was on Versus. But I'm in a hotel right now in eastern NY, and apparently NBC is shit here, especially in a state with three NHL franchises and about four or five AHL ones. There isn't really all that much as far as bars go, but there is a sports bar and an Applebees nearby. I was just too tired to deal with the douchebag yuppies in the lame sportsbar and I hate mall-chains...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Warham
        How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.
        Things are so tight at thos point in the playoffs. I heard that New England sports fans only show up when they are winning, so nioce to see you posting

The Nucks could have gone up by one except one of the Sedin's stick shattered with Thomas out of position. Instead Luongo lets in a softie between the wickets for the first goal.

The game can change on the smallest thing. I forget exactly when it was, but Hansen was going in on a breakaway and he was called on the offside call. Replays showed it wasn't even close.

These things happen though. One of the things that you can't help but think is that the NHL wants 7 games. I can't think of any reason why they are allowing the thugery that the Bruins are employing.

I personally enjoy that type of hockey and the Bruins need to play that way to win. I just don't understand how the league can say one thing about what they will tolerate, play an entire season that way, and then let it all fall to the wayside for the Finals.

Again, not complaining but I don't think it makes any sense for the league to operate that way. I bet the games are called differently in Vancouver to keep the home team winning and then the 7th game will be a toss-up.

I find it really funny that the Bruins are winning the PR war and how somehow the Nucks are the cheap-shot artists.
        Sure Burrows and Lapierre talk alot, but the Bruins have been delivering two handers all series long and nothing is being called.
        But somehow they saw Kesler make a slash late in the third. I just can't make any sense of that.

I am a bit worried as Kesler apparently has a major injury and is playing on one leg.

Hockey is perhaps teh one sport where home ice means alot. The last change will help the Nucks minimize the impact of the Bruins shut-down guys. That is part of the reason Chara made so many mistakes in Vancouver. He had to play so much more in order to try and match up with teh Sedin line.
        Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Just one more rant...the NHL needs to have some consistency in determining what a penalty is and isn't.

At the end of the game Burrows taps the knob end of Thomas' stick...trying to annoy him for sure.

Thomas responds with a two hander and full wind-up with that huge piece of lumber that is a goalie stick and then follows that up with a blocker to Burrows face before Burrows decides to retaliate with a shot in the general area of Thomas' head. Talk about intent to injure.

I am not saying Thomas shhould be suspended necessarily, but a 2 minute minor? He probably should have been kicked out, particularly given the time of game and what the refs were doing in similar circumstances the game before.

I couldn't believe it when the ref appeared to be asking Thomas if he was alright as the Bruins piled on the diminutive Burrows. Unbelievable! Just some consistency would be nice.

I think Thomas outweighs Burrows by about 50 lbs, rofl. "Are you alright?" Did you sprain your arm swinging that 10 pound weapon at Burrow's knee?
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, are you ready to rumble?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

That's more like it Nucks!!

Can't understand calling Burrows and Lucic for minors. Lucic with the slew foot and Burrows for being Burrows I guess. That after 3 minor penalties against the Canucks. Only one penalty should have been called there

C'mon
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2005

Is there a bigger candy ass in the NHL other than Alex Burrows???? The entire Vancouver team is a bunch of fucking hacks....if they do end up winning the Cup, it will be the sorriest day in the NHL since Anaheim won the Cup

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hacks? More like most skilled team in the NHL being brought down by a complete turnaround in officiating...allowing the less skilled Bruins to hack and hold and hack and hold some more.

That "Candy-ass" singlehandedly beat the Bruins in game two. That "Candy-ass" beat Vezina winner Thomas and Norris winner Chara on same play to win the game. Oh yeah that was his second goal and 3rd point of that game.

Name me one Cup winner in the history of the NHL who didn't have someone who pushed the other team's buttons? Burrows happens to have the skill to play on the #1 line in all of hockey. Best line in the world statistically for 2 consequitive years.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                    Head Fluffer
                    • May 2005

Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2005

The Detroit Red Wings never had a pussy like Burrows on their team......

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Another ridiculous penalty...Thomas is out of his crease and suddenly Kesler can move mountains at will...in the case the 6'9" Chara into Thomas?

C'mon.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
                          Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????
                          you're an idiot. Talk sports or go home.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2005

Can't handle the truth??

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                              Head Fluffer
                              • May 2005

Who did the Red Wings have that was as sorry as Burrows????

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
                                Head Fluffer
                                • May 2005

Then you have Kesler. who during the last Olympics, says that he hates Canadians......What a stupid idiotic team

Comment

Working...