• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Etienne
    Commando
    • Aug 2010

Fractal Audio Systems presents Axe-Fx II

5/9/2011 - Introducing the Axe-Fx II
    After three years of intensive R&D, Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to announce the Axe-Fx II. With twice the power of our former flagship, the Axe-Fx II unveils new state-of-the-art algorithms and an innovative array of great hardware and software features and improvements.

Link

What do you think? Does anybody here has an Axe Fx?
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Shit not me. I wouldn't know what to do with that thing. I still use a Digi Tech RP1

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

They are all the rage right now. Supposed to be absolutely kickass in many many ways. The modern day equivalent of my SGX-2000. I wanted my SGX because it had all the digital FX available back in the 90s plus it has a 12AX7 in the preamp section for actual tube-ness.

The Axe-FX also has the current state-of-the-art amp and speaker cab modeling, and a bazillion other features. No need for me to copy and paste the stuff here.

It has no tubes, though. They have 'simulated' tube technology built into it.

Retails for $2199??? Christ.....that is way overpriced. Even discounted it would still be 1500 bucks. One could buy a 100-watt half-stack of some kind, and some less expensive FX and get the same results.....for a lot less.

Comment

• Etienne
        Commando
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Jagermeister
        ... I still use a Digi Tech RP1
        Originally posted by Hardrock69
        ... The modern day equivalent of my SGX-2000. I wanted my SGX because it had all the digital FX available back in the 90s plus it has a 12AX7 in the preamp section for actual tube-ness. ...
        I call a Digitech GSP 2101 Limited Edition my own... Looks almost so impressive like an Axe Fx but technically (at least the digital side) not up to date anymore...

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Yeah my SGX is 15-20 years old now. I think they quit making them in the late 90s-early 2000s, but they began making them by 1991 at the latest. When you get a unit like this with the unlimited possibility for creating your ultimate guitar sound, it becomes even less necessary to upgrade to anything else.

The Axe-FX II would surely be a significant upgrade to the SGX, but between my SGX and the plugins I have for my DAW, I already have all the possible sounds I will ever need.

Be nice if I were rich and could just buy one on a whim as a toy to play with I suppose.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Now you can get all those features on your smart phone.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Etienne
              Commando
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              ...The Axe-FX II would surely be a significant upgrade to the SGX, but between my SGX and the plugins I have for my DAW, I already have all the possible sounds I will ever need. ...
              Who knows, maybe a company releases in the near future a native plugin (Amp Modelling) for DAWs on the same quality level like the Axe Fx...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                Who knows, maybe a company releases in the near future a native plugin (Amp Modelling) for DAWs on the same quality level like the Axe Fx...
                Now that would be sweet!
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...