• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Roth Army's Official Van Halen Setlist Thread

Let's speculate, shall we ??

It's April 2010, the new album has just been released, and the new tour has just been announced....

VH played 25 songs on the '07-'08 tour, counting Al's and Ed's solos as songs.... It was pretty much 2 hours right on the button....

But now, there's a new album to promote.... Let's say for shits and giggles that VH will play 4 new songs on this tour.... So that means right away that you have to remove 4 songs from the previous setlist....

You also have to assume that there will be some old songs that they didn't play on the previous tour that will be played this time around, just as Ed Twitted today, like "Girl Gone Bad", "Outta Love Again" and "Drop Dead Legs"... So if you add some of these or others, like "Hear About it Later" or "Me Wise Magic", you gotta remove songs from the previous setlist....

Here was the setlist from the '07-'08 tour.... And if you don't know the acronyms, get the fuck out of here....

YRGM
    I'm the One
    RWTD
    Romeo
    SGMAD
    Beautiful Girls
    DTNA
    Punk
    EWS
    STIL
    Mean Street
    Pretty Woman
    Al Solo
    Unchained
    I'll Wait
    ATCWR
    HFT
    Dreamer
    Guitars
    Jamie
    ICM
    Panama
    Ed Solo
    ATBL
    Jump

NOTE: Do NOT list your SETLIST, All I'm talking about are the changes, not the order....

Let's see 'em !!!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I'll start.....

Additions

New Song
    New Song
    New Song
    New Song
    Drop Dead Legs
    DOA
    House of Pain
    Bottom's Up
    Light Up The Sky

Deletions

Beautiful Girls
    DTNA
    Atomic Punk
    STIL
    I'll Wait
    Dreamer
    Little Guitars
    ATCWR
    Jump (never happen, but it's my list dammit)

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If I had my wish I would be unable to supply you with a single song title for the 2010 jammage because it would all be new music I have not heard.

I suppose I would like to hear Secrets, Little Guitars, Romeos Delight, DOA, and Eruption.
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Deletions:

YRGM
        I'm the One
        SGMAD
        So This Is Love
        Pretty Woman
        I'll Wait
        Cradle Will Rock

Additions:

New Song
        New Song
        New Song
        Sinners Swing
        Light Up The Sky
        Drop Dead Legs
        MA Solo
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Deletions:

I'll Wait
          Little Dreamer
          Cradle
          Atomic Punk
          Beautiful Girls
          RWD
          ATBL
          YRGM
          Jamie's Cryin'

Additions:

New
          New
          New
          New
          Girl Gone Bad
          Hear About It Later
          Take Your Whiskey Home
          Top Jimmy
          Women In Love

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

OK.. this is gonna be tough, as I'd prefer they play for 2.5 hours instead... but that's not gonna happen...

Deletions
            Beautiful Girls
            DTNA
            Dreamer
            Jamie
            YRGM
            SGMAD
            Punk
            Pretty Woman
            I'll Wait
            ATCWR

Additions
            New Song
            New Song
            New Song
            New Song
            Hear About it Later
            Secrets
            Drop Dead Legs
            Take Your Whiskey Home
            Girl Gone Bad
            On Fire

That's 10 'new' songs inserted into the setlist...
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
              Additions:

New Song
              New Song
              New Song
              Sinners Swing
              Light Up The Sky
              Drop Dead Legs
              MA Solo
              Dude, I was sitting on the fence for 10 minutes on Sinner's Swing....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                Additions
                New Song
                New Song
                New Song
                New Song
                Hear About it Later
                Secrets
                Drop Dead Legs
                Take Your Whiskey Home
                Girl Gone Bad
                On Fire

Sorry to say bro, I don't see Dave singing On Fire.... Waaaaaaay too high notes for 2010....

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Dude, I was sitting on the fence for 10 minutes on Sinner's Swing....
                  A year ago I wouldn't have picked it (it was Little Dreamer then). But you know how your fav 5 VH songs rotate with time, this gem is currently one of my favorites. Hell, over the last 25+ years, every song of theirs has probably been in there at least for a short while.

I just hope for some new tunes to freshen up the whole rotation.

An additional thing I would like to see, is during Ed's solo maybe include the intro to Top Jimmy. Not much, but enough. Wouldn't really want the whole song in the set, but would dig hearing him do the start.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN

Additions
                    New Song
                    New Song
                    New Song
                    New Song
                    Hear About it Later
                    Secrets
                    Drop Dead Legs
                    Take Your Whiskey Home
                    Girl Gone Bad
                    On Fire

Not really, I mean (aside from the new tracks) all but Take Your Whiskey Home and Drop Dead Legs have been played on previous tours. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but is that what you meant? Or are you saying these are ten "additions" to the set? (I approve of the choices, by the way. )

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I think I'm gonna shit my pants when I hear some new songs for the first time in 25 years...

And no, I'm not including MWM or CGSTNM.... Although I wouldn't complain if I heard MWM in concert...

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Call me crazy, but I think that Wolf could be a big help with the high parts of 'On Fire'... they wouldn't have to do it just like the album, however.. but yeah, it's a long shot for sure.

And yeah, by 'new' tunes, I meant new to the last setlist.. not so much 'unplayed'..

Man, I think we'll all shit our collective pants hearing new music! One thing I know for sure - where ever the first show is, I AM THERE. Who's with me??????
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

OH HELL YES!!!!
                          <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c7vO47NRsMc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c7vO47NRsMc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                          Last edited by VanHalener; 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• VanHalener
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

OH HELL YES!!!
                            <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDPS8-X2ghg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDPS8-X2ghg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

Wonder if they could do this one?
                              Or would that be like way taboo?
                              <object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNN6Vw4H444&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNN6Vw4H444&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>
                              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...