X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
    Always was a huge Lynch fan...I saw Dokken open for Dio as a kid in '84, then again for Priest in 86, and on the Monsters of Rock tour in Pontiac Michigan of all places in '88...Van Hagar headlined, and I remember thinking how much they were lacking w/o Dave. But Dokken was always a solid band. Dug Lynch Mob too, Oni Logan kicks ass.
    I was at the same Van Hagar show

Dokken was an OK band.........Lynch was a fucking monster and really the only reason I ever listened to that band.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Yeah, I saw Dokken at Van Hagars Monsters of Rock. The problem was the majority of the 82,000 people didn't pay much mind to them as everyone was trying to recover from Metallica melting all our faces off. Scorpions came after Dokken and it wasn't until their set that people began to get their second wind. Dokken was the recovery intermission between Metallica & Scorpions.

I only really remember Mr Scary from the show....and it sounded good from what I remember.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I remember Lynch sounding better than everyone except Edward that night in Seattle. He blew me away, despite it being Dokken
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
          I love Don to death and i think he has a tremendous voice. I buy any new Dokken to this day. However, i must say that he doesn't sound like a very nice guy. According to Don's response, Jeff Pilson couldn't get out of his Foreigner gig for the next few years and didn't want to ruin it. I don't blame him. I'm sure Foreigner to this day can still draw a decent crowd whereas Dokken, even with the original lineup, would have to open for someone on a big show or just play clubs. Now if George expected Dokken to play without Jeff and there was an agreement to that, i don't blame him for being pissed at Don. If Jeff speaks on it we will know for sure.

Pilson always seemed to me a good person, and he can sing! Lol Did not know what a good singer he was until he left Dokken. Good Call.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Ergo:

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
              I remember Lynch sounding better than everyone except Edward that night in Seattle. He blew me away, despite it being Dokken
              Lynch killed everyone that night in Pontiac (uh, actually they played in the afternoon, right after Kingdom Clone...I mean Come IIRC , but that's not surprising given the era. And yeah, I will admit to as a kid fast forwarding through some Dokken songs to get to the guitar solo...

Pilson is a cool dude, and yes - can sing his ass off - as good if not way better singer than Don IMO....
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• motleykrew24
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2012

Shoot.... i love some of the stuff Dokken wrote and recorded...but after Lynch went and did Lynch Mob wow just mind blowing wicked sensation and the self titled album are just spectacular those albums just show how much he held back his talent with Dokken. I rather see Lynch rejoin with Robert Mason than Don anyday of the week the guy could actually sing live and make it sound like the actual album as for Don well.... i met lynch back in 09' the guy is such a humble and sweet guy the guy would get bombarded with fans and even let me come back and let me retake a picture with him even when he looked like he had his hands full. I saw the most nerdy fans annoy the crap out of him but he was still friendly, so i will take his word over Dons any day...Dokken is nothing anymore Lynch Mob was ten times what Dokken was even with the two main albums they had i just wish he started Lynch Mob in the early 80s and not when the music scene died to grunge..

Comment

• Mushroom
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2009

I love George's tone and technique but Dokken started to sound dated. I just don't feel it like I did 25 years ago.

I decided to liquidate some CDs because the collection was getting too large to handle, so....

Got rid of Tooth and Nail, kept Night Ranger Midnight Madness and Def Leppard Pyromania
                  Got rid of Under Lock and Key, kept Queensryche Rage for Order and House of Lords
                  Kept Back for the Attack and Beast from the East.

A good trip down memory lane while driving lonely Hwy 50 last week was Queensryche Operation Mindcrime

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
                    Formulaic is the word that springs to mind, but maybe that is too harsh. I've certainly always found Dokken to be plodding.
                    I think by the time they were recording 'Back for the Attack' Dokken and Lynch were sending tapes to each other during the writing process because they couldn't stand to be in the same room as each other. Considering that then they did pretty well.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

This thread is like 1985 never went away!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Fine with me. 1985 was actually a good year. Gee. My health insurance was only $30 a semester then.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Mushroom
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                          This thread is like 1985 never went away!
                          I was banging your mom back in the 80's, that's why I can't have sexual relations with you. I said No Kristy!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Shithead.

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Yeah, I saw Dokken at Van Hagars Monsters of Rock. The problem was the majority of the 82,000 people didn't pay much mind to them as everyone was trying to recover from Metallica melting all our faces off. Scorpions came after Dokken and it wasn't until their set that people began to get their second wind. Dokken was the recovery intermission between Metallica & Scorpions.

I only really remember Mr Scary from the show....and it sounded good from what I remember.
                              A very succinct summary. This is also how I remember it.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Same here. If I had a hot tub time machine set to revisit the day I saw the Hamsters Of Rock tour, I'd buzz in for Metallica, who tore shit up that day, then buzz the hell out.

Comment

Working...