Thread: NBA Finals - Heat and Mavs. The NBA is in Trouble

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

NBA Finals - Heat and Mavs. The NBA is in Trouble

This is a pretty dull series so far.

I honestly think Lebron is holding back so as not to have stats too far from Bosh or Wade.

Just watch him out there. It is weird to watch. Kind of like he doesn't want to upset some imaginary balance they need between the three of them

Wade and Nowitzki look good out there, but Bosh is so weak.

I know he has been playing better, but you have to finish around the rim!

How are they letting Haslem attempt left hand underhanded shots? Basically, I wouldn't let anyone except the big 3 shoot anything except shots at the elbow or wide open threes.

I think the NBA is in big trouble. I don't think this product can even touch the NHL at this point.

What a dull seies. Worse, no one will care when the Heat win...so anti-climatic
    Roth Army Canada

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Spoken like a true fuckin Canuck. Gotta find a way to sneak the NHL in here.

Seriously though, youre right dude. This series is shit. Now Nowitzki is hurt as well.....

The polls out there illustrate it best. As many fans want to see the Heat lose as they want Dallas to win.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dallas comes back to win, trailing by 15 in the fourth with 6:20 to play. Nowitzki takes over late and scores the winning bucket on a drive to the hoop.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    Dallas comes back to win, trailing by 15 in the fourth with 6:20 to play. Nowitzki takes over late and scores the winning bucket on a drive to the hoop.

WOOOOT!!!

I really hope Dallas wins this thing. First, I fucking hate LeBron & Co now. Nothing will be sweeter than watching them lose and never win a title. Second, I got a good friend in Texas that would love this win.

GO DALLAS!!!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DlocRoth View Post
    Spoken like a true fuckin Canuck. Gotta find a way to sneak the NHL in here.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    WOOOOT!!!

I really hope Dallas wins this thing. First, I fucking hate LeBron & Co now. Nothing will be sweeter than watching them lose and never win a title. Second, I got a good friend in Texas that would love this win.

GO DALLAS!!!
    Yeah brother! That seems to be the consensus, unless you are a Heat fan. Almost everyone I talk to is pulling for Dallas. Being a Cowboys fan, that last sentence sounds real fookin weird.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm pulling for the home team, which for me is the Heat... I'm not a basketball guy, so I really don't give a shit either way. I don't get the hate towards the Heat though... if your team did the same thing you'd be jumping up & down with excitement. How do you fault a guy like LeBron for wanting to win? I say Heat in 6.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Please tell me how a team in the NBA Finals allows a 4 on one in the last 3 minutes?

Honestly, that was an Epic meltdown. Coaching has to be blamed as well for this.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidFlamma View Post
    Please tell me how a team in the NBA Finals allows a 4 on one in the last 3 minutes?

Honestly, that was an Epic meltdown. Coaching has to be blamed as well for this.
    I have no idea... the 4 on 1 was was something special... It was an epic meltdown, no doubt... the Dallas fans should enjoy it while they can.

With that said, I was pretty impressed with the Nowitzki guy - Let's hear it for the white guy! Sinkin the 3's!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    fuck lebron, fuck miami

go c(m)avs
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    just can't root for a team from texas.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    . I don't get the hate towards the Heat though... if your team did the same thing you'd be jumping up & down with excitement.

It's not the Heat that I despise now. It's the 3 individual players and a large portion of their fanbase. I don't fault them for getting 3 of the top players and trying to buy championships. I don't fault the guys for wanting to play with their friends.

What I HATE is the cockiness. The big 3 dancing a jig about how they will win the next 7 championships (has to be 1 more than MJ you know). The attitude that they are untouchable now. And they haven't won anything yet.

I also HATE how self centered LeBron turned out to be. The way he bailed on Cleveland was just a mess. Sure, he was free to go. But there was a mans way to do it....and a self serving cocky stupid kids way to do it. And we all know which route he chose.

I know if they stay together they will win a championship. But losing the first one especially and humbling them just a bit will be good for everyone. Let them spend a full season knowing how they were supposed to win and choked. Maybe they will mature a bit and actually work hard for that trophy every night....and not just when the game is televised in prime-time or it's a must win.

They all expect to win...but the trophy is not what these guys desire most right now. it's still publicity, endorsements, popularity, and money. They have not matured yet to the point of truly wanting nothing more than that trophy. They will...but it will take a couple servings of humble pie.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    just can't root for a team from texas.
    Hell, I can't root for a team from Texas OR Florida, so I'm just skipping the whole fucking thing this year.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's been frustrating to watch the mavs get stomped all over ... glad they pulled it back at the end last night though tbh they don't really deserve the win with the stupid turnovers they kept making.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking A.

Mike Breen, Mark Jackson and Van Gundy are the biggest collection of tools I've seen in my life.

All the do is ramble on about off-topic bullshit during the game. And breen? fucking vanilla as all hell.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's not the Heat that I despise now. It's the 3 individual players and a large portion of their fanbase. I don't fault them for getting 3 of the top players and trying to buy championships. I don't fault the guys for wanting to play with their friends.

What I HATE is the cockiness. The big 3 dancing a jig about how they will win the next 7 championships (has to be 1 more than MJ you know). The attitude that they are untouchable now. And they haven't won anything yet.

I also HATE how self centered LeBron turned out to be. The way he bailed on Cleveland was just a mess. Sure, he was free to go. But there was a mans way to do it....and a self serving cocky stupid kids way to do it. And we all know which route he chose.
    I'll admit, I hardly follow basketball... But I don't agree with 'buying a championship' - Isn't there a cap? Didn't Wade take a pay-cut? I'm pretty sure other players on other teams are making more than our 'big-3'. They don't seem all that cocky to me, at least no more than every other hood-rat making millions because they can make a basket. I dunno... maybe I'm wrong - I don't follow it closely, but that's my observation.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Even living here, embracing the Heat is a tough sell. Starting with the self-indulgent "Taking my talents to South Beach" crap, the "Oh Yes We Did!" rock star stage announcement of the three, the promise of "Not one, not two...seven championships", ect. have all been delivered with such smugness as to define the word conceited. Then came the slef-pitying nonsense of the backlash, the "Everybody hates us" bullshit that even Charles Barkley found laughable. Add in a fan base that has to be reminded to show up for the games on time and to cheer in the appropriate moments, and you wind up with an off-putting spectacle, not an NBA franchise. As for who wins, well who cares? If the Heat should succeed, all it will mean here is the very next day the same people that didn't even know Miami had a basketball team will be heading to Sports Authority to snap up the team's merchandise, then promptly forget all over again when the next season starts up in a few months.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Add in a fan base that has to be reminded to show up for the games on time and to cheer in the appropriate moments, and you wind up with an off-putting spectacle, not an NBA franchise. .
    Before Lebron came, I couldn't believe how many empty seats there were...even for big games.

Where is everyone? Drinking and watching the game in the lounge's in the arena? Of course announced attendance is 15,000

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Even living here, embracing the Heat is a tough sell. Starting with the self-indulgent "Taking my talents to South Beach" crap, the "Oh Yes We Did!" rock star stage announcement of the three, the promise of "Not one, not two...seven championships", ect. have all been delivered with such smugness as to define the word conceited. Then came the slef-pitying nonsense of the backlash, the "Everybody hates us" bullshit that even Charles Barkley found laughable. Add in a fan base that has to be reminded to show up for the games on time and to cheer in the appropriate moments, and you wind up with an off-putting spectacle, not an NBA franchise. As for who wins, well who cares? If the Heat should succeed, all it will mean here is the very next day the same people that didn't even know Miami had a basketball team will be heading to Sports Authority to snap up the team's merchandise, then promptly forget all over again when the next season starts up in a few months.
    Well said, the Heat used to be my #2 team after the Pistons (I loved Glen Rice, sue me), now it is fuck Lebum, fuck the Heat, and pretty much fuck the NBA.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidFlamma View Post
    Where is everyone? Drinking and watching the game in the lounge's in the arena?
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised in the least... I actually went to the elimination game for round 1 - it was my first trip the the AAA, and I must say it's an awesome venue. It has a huge outdoor courtyard/lounge area that over looks the ocean that is pretty fucking amazing. I'd rather be out there as well...

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the lack of a better word..this sucks balls...there's no way around it.

First off, lets go with what Chef said. Of all things, I'm in Florida at the moment, granted I'm 3-4 hours away from Miami, but there's no buzz for this team. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Back home in Cleveland/NEOhio when the Cavs were relevant, you'd hear that DOMINATE the topic of conversation, I recall the night lebron hitting the game winner, and just going about my small little town that's all people could discuss. Even those with little interest in basketball had watched the game or had seen the highlights.

Florida, flat out should be limited to three teams. The Dolphins, The Bucanneers and the Rays. Everyone else should be moved. Until proven otherwise, and that fans are just overflowing with support of those three, they should not be awarded anymore franchises. Have you seen the attendence at Marlins games? or the fact that the Heat have not been able to have a full house this entire regular season, and the previous one, despite marquee matchups with the Bulls, Celtics and Lakers? Hell, the Cavs are playing with an over-the-hill Baron Davis and they are still able to fill the damn place.

As far as where the NBA is heading or has been, it's been pretty much a league of few in terms of teams walking away with titles. Would you believe that only EIGHT teams have won titles in the past 30 years? That's bullshit. Even in baseball they've had a more diverse amount, and they have no form of a salary cap.

Everything went down last june, bugged the fuck out of me. The whole stroking of ego's between the three guys, the lack of hardwork between the three during the off-season and turning it into one huge fucking attention whore fest. "OOOOH! WHERE WILL I GO?!"..and then to cap it off, as a native clevelander, to be stabbed in the back by a guy who was born and raised in the area, to pull off the stunt he did, and betray everyone who gave him undeniable support through the whole ordeal, to go down with three fucking douche bags you've known only briefly in comparision, is fucking low and scumbag worthy. It SICKENS me, that ESPN has never said an unkind word to the guy ever since then, and has been rubbing it in our faces.

in short. Fuck this shit.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...and I just posted that as the Heat just lost .

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is a nice feeling watching the CHeat lose, would love to see them lose the series but I don't think the NBA will let that happen.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    It is a nice feeling watching the CHeat lose, would love to see them lose the series but I don't think the NBA will let that happen.
    Stern ain't a fan of Cuban, I can tell you that much. Though sending Dirk out with a ring would be the right thing to do, as would humbling the three douche bags in the eyes of the average joe fan.

Act

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    I'm in Florida at the moment, granted I'm 3-4 hours away from Miami, but there's no buzz for this team. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    If Orlando were in it you'd probably be more aware that it was going on. People who give a fuck about this sort of thing down here are pretty aware of it... I didn't give a fuck about Tampa being in the hockey playoffs, in fact, I wanted them to lose as hard as possible. I assume that goes on in other places as well.... But I get your point.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There simply isn't any passionate fan devotion here, as everyone is either a transient or a transplant. You can not imagine the idea that sports bars devoted to out of town teams outnumber ones favoring local franchises 5 to 1. This is more than likely the worst sports town (let alone state) in the entire nation, where people wear their undying love of a team by what fashion is available. And once the colors fade in the wash, they are on to the next "color" that everyone else is wearing.

Currently, all of our local tv news stations are leading off their broadcasts with reporters standing in front of the American Airlines Arena, regardless of whether a game is being played there. Yes, apparently all crime and injustice have stopped and the entire area is a happier place. All because of a basketball team that no one in the media has noticed until now (aside from that idiotic "Lebron comes to South Beach" moment from a year ago and it's equally stupid aftermath).

I must say, I'm thankful for the Miami Heat. Although I still sleep with a gun beneath my pillow, I have not slept so soundly since the Marlins were in the World Series.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There simply isn't any passionate fan devotion here, as everyone is either a transient or a transplant. You can not imagine the idea that sports bars devoted to out of town teams outnumber ones favoring local franchises 5 to 1. This is more than likely the worst sports town (let alone state) in the entire nation
    This is very true... the last time that I can recall there being a real buzz in the air for me was when the Panthers made it to the Stanley Cup finals in 1996... It felt like everywhere I went there was hockey. There even was a celebration event after the series downtown.. it was awesome! I can definitely say we have the worst fans now though.. For me the worst is hitting a hockey game when we play Detroit, NY or Montreal... it's easily 5 to 1 their fans vs. us... I've never seen anything like it!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Go Mavs!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Go The Lakers.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Lakers already went ... home for the rest of the season.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe how little the Mavs are using Shawn MArion.

Maybe kid Canada (Nash) was/is all that?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://deadspin.com/5810824/miami-he...-of-their-team

...just blows me away...

In cleveland we'd never need a letter like this if one of our teams was legit. Hell, we'll show up if it's 20 below, and we've got double digit losses and create a home-field environment with ease for the Browns.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WOOOOT!!!

I really hope Dallas wins this thing. First, I fucking hate LeBron & Co now. Nothing will be sweeter than watching them lose and never win a title.

Oh man does this feel good. FUCK YOU LEBRON! You fucking choker. How dare you be compared to Michael Jordan. He played better with the pressure on. LEBRON CHOKES! You should give back about 75% of your salary you overpaid ego-maniacal prick.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Enjoy this moment Cleveland.

Bring Back Flappo!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh man does this feel good. FUCK YOU LEBRON! You fucking choker. How dare you be compared to Michael Jordan. He played better with the pressure on. LEBRON CHOKES! You should give back about 75% of your salary you overpaid ego-maniacal prick.
    +1

I don't even like basketball but I thought this series was pretty sweet.

Fuck you Lebron. Fucking punk ass bitch.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Haha suck it Lebron!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, did LeBron cry at the post-game press conference? I want to know because I made a bet with someone that he would.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Couldn't win with a damn super team!

Bahahaha suck it lebitch! Akron hates you!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Congrats doc!

Cleveland is all behind you guys tonight. Go Mavs! Go Cavs!

Thread Information