• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Which is despicable.
    Trying to think of the one Congressman (who should resign for making such an idiotic statement) who dismissed Climate Change because "The Bible says only God can destroy the earth"'s name...fucking tool. Doesn't say anywhere his plan isn't to let humanity do it FOR him, does it there, Mr. Bible Mcthumpy-Thumperson? Anyone whose beliefs are that twisted isn't qualified for public office IMO, because he's clearly got the church-state separation thing WRONG...
    The Bible also says that God will Destroy those who destroy the Earth (Revelation 11:18). Funny how the 'thumpers always forget that.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
      I don't believe in global warming.
      Why not?

What other things don't you believe in that science says is fact?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Why not?

gravity, it's bullshit
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          gravity, it's bullshit
          Not only that, it sucks...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Why not?

Do scientists actually accept the term 'fact' as in 'absolutely true'? Wouldn't most of them prefer 'infinitely probable' in the era after Einstein?

(And, no, I'm not trying to deny global warming - I'm just very interested in the whole notion of 'truth').
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Not only that, it sucks...
              Bwahaaahahahahahaha!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                Do scientists actually accept the term 'fact' as in 'absolutely true'?
                FACT,sammy hagar sucks. a dierct quote from the scientific academy of earth.
                Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM. Reason: boobs
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  I don't believe in global warming.

But I (as a Republican) still believe we should be taking better care of our environment. They need to stop with all the bullshit radical scare tactics and falsified numbers, and just find a common sense way to get people to do a little more. They want us to be good to the environment, yet make it difficult to do so.

Example - In my area I could probably find 1,000 establishments where I can buy a can of 7-UP. From 7-11, to the grocery store, mexican fast food place, liquor store, vending machines, school cafeterias, etc, etc, etc....... And we pay $0.05 deposit basically on every can. To get us to recycle. We save up our trash bags full of cans and once a month or so we drive to turn them in and get our $8 and feel good about the environment. But what the state doesn't want you to know....THEY DON'T WANT YOU RETURNING THOSE CANS.

They want to keep you $0.05 per can deposit. This is why out of hundreds & hundreds of places to buy a can of soda.....there are TWO places within 10 miles to return them for refund. TWO! With shitty hours and machines that are broken down 50% of the time. This is on purpose my friends. They don't truly want us to come back for that money. It's all warm & fuzzy but in honesty it's a way for them to squeeze extra money from us. They are thrilled when you just crush the can & throw it away.

Fucking bullshit.

*sorry. I take my cans in diligently and it really pisses me off how fucking hard it actually is to return them for the CRV $$ that they took from me.
                  Uh, it says you live in SoCal ...isn't there a recycling station at pretty much every store in the Ralph's supermarket chain? There's one right down the street from me...not that I buy cans of soda, but...

OK, as a Republican though, do you agree it's RETARDED for your party to be even thinking about dismantling the EPA (you said you want to protect the environment, right?), much less saying it out loud?? :eek: That's some powerful stupid, right there.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Do scientists actually accept the term 'fact' as in 'absolutely true'? Wouldn't most of them prefer 'infinitely probable' in the era after Einstein?

(And, no, I'm not trying to deny global warming - I'm just very interested in the whole notion of 'truth').
                    If you say infinitely probable then idiot holes use that to insert a false wedge of bullshit in the same way that the creationists say evolution is just a theory.

Humans causing climate change is highly probable, that the climate of the planet is changing relatively and very very rapidly is fact.

Anyway I don't think its likely at all that my house will burn down never mind highly probable but I still pay for an insurance policy for it.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Anyway I don't think its likely at all that my house will burn down never mind highly probable but I still pay for an insurance policy for it.
                      It's amazing what we do out of anxiety, isn't it?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Recycling really shouldn't be about a 5 or 10 cent deposit on a bottle or a can, but rather just because it's the fucking right thing to do. My parents were hardly hippies, not by a long shot, but I knew what recycling was all about by the time I was 7 years old. Aluminum cans, Tin cans, Glass, newspaper, my family recycled all that shit. Of course back then, they didn't pick it up at curbside like the garbage, you had to actually take it to a recycling center, so that left the lazy people with an excuse not to do it, and arguably even the apartment dwellers who didn't have room for the stuff. (we had all the shit in old 50 gallon drums out in the woodshed, so there was plenty of room)

But now there's no excuse to not do it. No matter if you're lazy, a climate change denying teabagger, or whatever. The fucking trash man left a recycling bin outside your house. They made it simple enough for even Sarah Palin to understand.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Try living in Florida. You insure your home against hurricane damage every year, but when one eventually does hit your area, the companies either:

A. Refuse to pay
                          B. Pay roughly one tenth of what you need to make the repairs
                          C. Pay what they owe you, but drag their feet while doing so.
                          D. Declare bankruptcy and flee the state.

The insurance industry and our state's ineptitude in handling it is one of the top reasons for leaving. Another of course is rampant stupidity. Oh yeah, and hurricanes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's amazing what we do out of anxiety, isn't it?

It's to do with risk management. If my house burns down I'm completely fucked. Although that's say a 1 in 10 000 risk it's too devastating to take even a very small chance on it so it's worth paying a couple of hundred a year to remove that financial risk.

To get close to solving or greatly alleviating the risk of climate change is 2% of GDP, a fair amount but nothing compared to the cost of half the planet being a desert.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                              Uh, it says you live in SoCal ...isn't there a recycling station at pretty much every store in the Ralph's supermarket chain? There's one right down the street from me...not that I buy cans of soda, but...

OK, as a Republican though, do you agree it's RETARDED for your party to be even thinking about dismantling the EPA (you said you want to protect the environment, right?), much less saying it out loud?? :eek: That's some powerful stupid, right there.

I'm in Murrieta (next to Temecula). One station at the Ralphs & one at an Albertsons the next exit up the freeway. Used to be 2 others but they shut down. I can go 10 minutes up the freeway to Sun City to get to another, but damn. They really need to make it easier.

As far as the EPA, I honestly don't know. We need something that does what the EPA is supposed to be doing. But all of these current bureaucracies are over-sized, wasteful, and get very little accomplished. You'd think we could have a government bureau just once that was streamlined & efficient and did what it was originally intended to do.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                Try living in Florida. You insure your home against hurricane damage every year, but when one eventually does hit your area, the companies either:

A. Refuse to pay
                                B. Pay roughly one tenth of what you need to make the repairs
                                C. Pay what they owe you, but drag their feet while doing so.
                                D. Declare bankruptcy and flee the state.

The insurance industry and our state's ineptitude in handling it is one of the top reasons for leaving. Another of course is rampant stupidity. Oh yeah, and hurricanes.

I work in the insurance industry, and my advice to all of you....

Don't just get any policy just because their commercial promises they can beat the other guys by 15% or whatever. Go with a name we all know & trust. There are a handful of great insurance companies that have been around a very long time because they are honest & take great care of their customers. You know which names I mean.

And when they don't pay or don't pay as much as people thought, typically there is a valid reason for it. Always check your coverages and especially replacement cost vs actual cash value. Thats where most get screwed. Example....a 8 year old bed is worth $75 at the thrift store. If you are insured at actual cash value, that's what you will be reimbursed for. If you are insured for replacement cost, now you get the $1000 it takes to actually go out & buy a new bed. Same goes for everything else. TV's, stereos, kitchen stuff, clothing, everything. So just educate yourself a little bit on the different options and cover your asses.

Not saying there aren't a lot of insurance crooks out there. Just saying be careful and you should be fine.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...