Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I just don't get this shit. Realistically, you could simply use an old capo, a tongue depressor and a book of matches to get the same damned effect. Why people believe they have to over-engineer stuff is beyond me.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Batio is fan from the first to desing one of these....

CLICK....

I've tried the hair ties before. They work great. And for 5 bucks you get a whole damn bag of 'em....

And some of us have a bag of them on hand at all times anyway...
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

jenny batten had one of those in the 80's!!! the 80's people!!!! and yeah, re the 'endorsement' thing.... i won a few state 'shred guitar' comps in the early 90's while working at a big guitar store. the ibanez distributor here (australis music) gave me free stuff. now if they give some no name bozo from australia free stuff???!! admittedly i did sell a lot of their guitars, and i still own a few, but.. do you think tiger woods pays for golf clubs?

edit; on topic.. i've played a couple of the blackstar amps, they are excellent. however... hands down the best amp i've ever had the pleasure of playing is.... drumroll......... the peavey jsx. mindblowing. glad i bought one before they stopped making them.
        Last edited by ashstralia; 06-24-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Having to use Peavey Bandits for years in rehearsal studios in the late 80s early 90s has left me with a, no doubt now irrational, hatred of anything with Peavey written on it.

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

yeah, i hear ya sesh. the stigma began to dissolve for me when the vtm ones came out, and the first 5150's were pretty good imho, but the jsx... jaysus! if you ever get the chance to play one, do it. what got me was the monstrously loud and fruity clean tone... then you start exploring the gain stages... i'm not ashamed to say it's the only time in my life i've said 'i absolutely HAVE to own this $4000 amp'

the bandit is the ford cortina of guitar amps.
            Last edited by ashstralia; 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The thing that used to infuriate me about the Bandit was that there were so many knobs on it you ended up with false hope wasting half an hour before every practice.

'One of these fucking knobs must make this thing sound better'.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just found a used one for $900 Australian although that price is a bit distorted by the strength of your currency these days.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

mine's the 120 watt 2x12 combo, i paid $2500 'cause they were offloading the old stock. the retail was 3999, but that was when the dollar was at .75 or so.

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                    I've tried the hair ties before. They work great. And for 5 bucks you get a whole damn bag of 'em....
                    I second that. Personally, I won't go near a blazing amp without one on the headstock...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Does it make any difference if you have a locking nut?

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

No, because all you are doing is dampening the strings. There isn't enough pressure exerted (like with a rigid capo) to restrict the strings completely.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sorry I meant does it still dampen if behind a locking nut?

Maybe I should just go try it rather that typing on here...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            mine's the 120 watt 2x12 combo, i paid $2500 'cause they were offloading the old stock. the retail was 3999, but that was when the dollar was at .75 or so.
                            Oooof!

Peavey JSX Signature 212 Combo Joe Satriani All Tube Guitar Amplifier
                            rrp £1799.00

This has only had around 4 hours (max) of home use and is in perfect nick...has all the power and tone you could ever wish for.
                            Included in the sale is the three button switching control pedal.

Genuine reason for sale...I have been given a Blackstar Series One head and cab.
                            Well that's you told!

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

It remains above the nut when not in use. You pull it down to the first fret when you want to dampen the strings.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

I just do it to dampen the headstock... Fucking annoying when that area rings out like a skinny harp, especially when recording...
                                Not to mention the trem springs. Gotta mute those too... All in the name of controlled feedback.
                                Last edited by Coyote; 06-25-2011, 08:33 AM.
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...