X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Speaking of the Australian dates coming up, the guy in charge of the Soundwave Festival here in Oz (A.J.) that Van Halen will headline has voiced some frustration at dealing with the band over these dates. On his Twitter account (twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting) the following two messages:

- "I must say, for one of the world's biggest bands, Van Halen are surrounded by idiots." and "2 months after announcement still can't get the dates on their site despite daily promises...".

This sounds highly plausible.
    This space for rent.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

All he did there was copy the Tweet, I got it as well....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Translation 'I was talking shit last time but this time I'm not, honest'.

What a cheek, that site is an extended troll.
        And about as useful as a weather forecaster telling you there is a 50% chance of rain. Then again, nobody really tunes in for the accuracy of the prognostications anyway.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          The latest from Tasmania.....

VAN HALEN - ALBUM & SINGLE STILL COMING; WORLD TOUR BEING BOOKED:

Welcome to Monday folks... My last Van Halen update was rumours and gossip, but this time around I have some Van Halen FACTS for you. Well...as factual as anything ever gets in VanHalenLand, delivered by a known and trusted source close to ground zero - who, up until this point hasn't had any info at all, as they are not in the habit of delivering rumours to me. Let's go...

- The new Van Halen studio album has NO release date at this point as it is not yet 100% finished. Yep...they are still working on completing it. John Shanks did his bit and now Ross Hogarth, after working with the band in 2010 is back at 5150 to finish the job. There is a single imminent however, but again a date for that arriving at radio or retail is also not yet firm. I'm told "they" are still working on a final mix for the single.

As for a date for the album - I have said all along my money is on October. I'm sticking to that, but with this info, I'd say late October now. No way will the album drop while the band are in Australia and it is desired to have the album out by November because...

- Van Halen's US tour will commence in NOVEMBER!

- Van Halen's 2011/2012 tour will commence in November and I'm told it is likely that the band will stay on the road thru the next Northern summer (mid-2012) with the tour taking in Asia, South America and Europe (watch for the band to possibly headline some festivals in Europe 2012).

That's it for now folks.....short, but concise. Work continues on this album and a single might appear next month. Tour plans are being locked in for a sizeable world tour starting in Australia in September then re-launching in the US in November.

Speaking of the Australian dates coming up, the guy in charge of the Soundwave Festival here in Oz (A.J.) that Van Halen will headline has voiced some frustration at dealing with the band over these dates. On his Twitter account (twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting) the following two messages:

- "I must say, for one of the world's biggest bands, Van Halen are surrounded by idiots." and "2
          months after announcement still can't get the dates on their site despite daily promises...".
          @ that last bit.

Seriously though it would make so much sense to have a single released in time for the Aussie shows so that they could actually play the new song live.

I say:

Single released in August (will be played live in Aus in Sept)
          Full album release in October

that would then make sense for a November North American tour start.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

November through March could be bad for road trips to other shows.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

[/CENTER]

Nice Pleasant Showers

I fucking bet. Growl!
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by twonabomber
                November through March could be bad for road trips to other shows.
                That's an excellent point... I'm catching the first show, wherever it is, but I'd rather not do it in a ski jacket!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

From VHND:

Van Halen Update 7/13/11
                  WEDNESDAY, 13 JULY 2011

The return of Van Halen draws near, but the details are still unclear. The Van Halen News Desk wades through all the rumors on the ‘net so you don’t have to! Here’s this week’s news/rumors on Van Halen:

1) ALBUM & TOUR RUMORS: Melodicrock.com reports that a “known and trusted source close to ground zero” says that Van Halen’s US tour will commence in NOVEMBER and that it is likely that the band will stay on the road thru the next Northern summer (mid-2012) with the tour taking in Asia, South America and Europe (watch for the band to possibly headline some festivals in Europe 2012). They also hear that the album is still being mixed and they are betting on the album dropping in October.

2) AND ANOTHER ONE’S HEARD IT! Morgan from the band Sevendust (who are all huge VH fans) has heard at least some of the unreleased Van Halen album and said, “It’s fucking killer. Eddie hasn’t sounded this good since Balance. Dave’s voice sounds great. Alex is absolutely bombastic.”

3) ENGINEER SAYS VAN HALEN IS ON FIRE: Producer/engineer Ross Hogarth recently spoke to Ultimate-Guitar.com about his work on the new Van Halen album; “The whole VAN HALEN record has been recorded and we’re all excited,” Hogarth said. “We have just started mixing the record. I’m really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie [Van Halen, guitar] and Alex [Van Halen, drums] with Wolf [Eddie's son] playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it’s the killing side of VAN HALEN at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire.”

4) OFFICIAL SITES UPDATED: The official websites for both Van Halen and David Lee Roth have finally been updated, but don’t get too excited–the only change is that they both show nothing but the following graphic promoting the band’s 5 Australia concerts in Sept & Oct:
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

And just for fun....a little Wolfie playing Bass Guitar:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-13-2011, 10:59 PM. Reason: Effects are part of the future...and the past...don't let Keith take all the credit.
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

No "piped in " vocals there.....
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Yea hope the vocals are something that get better...think he can hit the notes...harmony needs for some people to be helped along... I had to get better at it...but....I think the new album will be fun...first time on record he gets to get trained. The Bass should not all be aping Eddie's shit....but...I think Dave is helping them become a band again. Wolfie is part of VH now. I think he helped.
                        Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-13-2011, 11:17 PM. Reason: Don't get all MA on me. I think probably Wolfie has learned a lot from MA. Sobeleski. Probably like an uncle.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Dave, Dave, Dave......looking a bit foppish there bud. Hope he dials down his inner Nancy girl on the upcoming tour, kinda hard to watch.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Heater
                            Dave, Dave, Dave......looking a bit foppish there bud. Hope he dials down his inner Nancy girl on the upcoming tour, kinda hard to watch.
                            Shut it, you..
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Go Away. Prize Ken and your Barbie. Make them look perfect. Comedy. Course never let your parents know what you know.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-14-2011, 12:05 AM. Reason: Comedy. This guy above thinks he get's more pussy than DLR.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I Really love Cock.Sammy Hagar Loves It Too.I Miss My Boyfriend.Where Is GAR?
                                You Sick Fucker.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...