X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
    Damn. Sorry about that Chef. I didn't see your 7/1 thread about this or wouldn't have dup'd. I was so hyped up all i could do was type like a mo fo.
    It's no big thing, brother, as my post wasn't aimed at you. I was more interested in pointing out how media types are taking the info that web site posters are discovering, and repeating it. And it really gets funny when someone posts a story and it gets spread around by the media, then repeated at a site and in turn once again gets reported by the media!

With the crap flying as it is, and idiots like melodicrock and Trunk serving only to cloud the issue, it is no surprise folks end up working at cross purposes. At this point, all any of us can do is keep our eyes and ears open, and try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

First off thanks for the Ill wait vid, Dave sounded great
      Now for all the cry babies, who gives 2 shits if dave names the album, i can't believe that people post (well they should at least let dave name the album)
      who cares who names the album, we have new van halen coming, I dont care if it was called tampex.....im still getting it
      Now on that note.....Does it seem cold in here to you

Roth Army rocks!
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

I think the most encouraging sign is that Davidleeroth.com does say, "Get ready." That has got to mean that this thing is about the break or at worst he is about to move on and get cranked up solo again.
        I was at Dave's site last week and that message was not there. So, its pretty new.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Sam42
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2010

I think this thing is about to explode on all of us and i can only hope that the new album does have the very early 80's sound to it, something like WACF meets Fair Warning. I also wouldn't put to much into Dave not being there jamming with the band when Tremonti was there. It has been known that back then, Ed and Alex would jam together and Dave would come up with the lyrics and work on stuff like that away from the others until it was time to record. From the recent pics of Ed, he looks very healthy and ready to go. Al, what can you say about him, Al is Al. Dave hasn't been seen in awhile, but he's probably definitely ready, so all we as fans have to do is wait until the cork get's unpopped.

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Sooo...Trunk has finally gotten around to mentioning the info I found at Youtube and posted HERE at the ARMY last week (which was subsequently picked up and posted elsewhere). Good to see he is right on top of things.

And yes, the image is from the photo session for Rolling Stone nearly 5 years ago.

A chick does the news on Trunk's site...and he has stated she grabs things she finds and posts them.

Trunk has been pretty open to saying that he has heard pretty much nothing.

Comment

• steve
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

new rumor

Eddie's guitar tech accidentally left the master tapes on top of the AC compressor, melting them all.

The band plans to start recording sessions over in earnest after the holidays. Happy New Year!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Mmm, would those happen to be ProTools™ tapes?
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Etienne
                    Commando
                    • Aug 2010

Between the lies and rumours, there's a world of mystery

Comment

• BrownSound1
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                      Mmm, would those happen to be ProTools™ tapes?
                      You watch, someone will say the hard drive crashed and there was no backups.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        Or some other variation of the old "Dog ate my homework" routine. Christ, I've gotten cynical over the years, but with good reason. Here we sit in 2011, coming back for more after everything that has gone on. Pretty much like Charlie Brown falling for the football gag, people keep hoping that this time it will work.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I was just talking to a buddy who sometimes cruises this board... he was observing how he's never seen fans that both hate and love a band so much... He's right.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

This report was posted on Eddie Trunk's site this morning going into further detail as to what Tremonti heard at the studio. He is claiming the band minus Dave played the entire album for him and told him they took old demos and made songs out of those ideas which in turn gives it the vintage Van Halen sound. Trunk also comments on Dave's site having the message "Get Ready."
                            Check out the photo of the band at the bottom. Was this from 2007 and i just missed it?

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/...509/pid/400512

I think we have been Been Ready since what? 1985. Sorry Dave we can't get anymore ready than we are.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                              Hey, anything's possible on Howdy Doody Mountain...

Originally posted by VAiN
                              I was just talking to a buddy who sometimes cruises this board... he was observing how he's never seen fans that both hate and love a band so much... He's right.
                              That's part of what makes this the best VH/Roth site on the goddamn internet!
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

Hardcore!

Comment

Working...