Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

although Wolfgang didn't write any lyrics? Was anybody expecting him to?

I thought how bad someone could see these song titles and think it was legit, and then the old second thought came around and that was that half of them sound like they could be Hagar titles. lu lu lucy like six inch spikes

"Track listing for the forthcoming Van Halen album: 01 - Stick it Out, 02 - Redline Deadline, 03 - Top-down 60 and Smile, 04 - A Toast..., 05 - Shooting Star, 06 - Independent's Day, 07 - Phoenix Jam, 08 - Lucy Likes Six-inch Spikes, 09 - The Neutron Sound, 10 - Midnight Boogie, 11 - Adrenaline Push, 12 - Sabulossa, 13 - Zipperface, 14 - 2K, 15 - Guys and Dolls, 16 - Third Time Aground."

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LUDWIG USA
      It would be great to all pool together after the album is released and not buy it!!! We would have the power of thousands of fans holding back millions of dollars. We could start rummers of a purchase date and jerk off Eddie and Alex for the next three years !!!! Make them have to come to these boards every day and try to figure out when their pay day will take place. We could string them along just like they did with all of us.
      Dave would be loving every miniute of it!!!
      lose your old password?

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
        Been thinking of Pops all weekend.

Heater. All that can be said is that this is new Van Halen.

I remember watching this live on TV. Loved the part when Dave did the baton twirl thing. Funny, more people probably saw this performance than the entirety of the 2004 abomination.

Dave - 1
        Hagar - 0
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Well, let's just see how accurate (or inaccurate) those song titles and album titles are....

I'm just happy we're at the point where we CAN be talking about album and song titles, ya know ??
          Yes and it's very appreciated that you and others post whatever is going for news these days with all the made up stuff that we've dealt with I'd imagine you cringe a little bit before posting new info.

The skeptic inside says why would somebody at the art department be leaking information about a band that never wants to tell fans anything (think repeat business).

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I wonder if the sheer lack of info on the album is a testament to a decline of journalistic skills; or a decline in interest in VH.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by LUDWIG USA
              It would be great to all pool together after the album is released and not buy it!!! We would have the power of thousands of fans holding back millions of dollars. We could start rummers of a purchase date and jerk off Eddie and Alex for the next three years !!!! Make them have to come to these boards every day and try to figure out when their pay day will take place. We could string them along just like they did with all of us.
              Dave would be loving every miniute of it!!!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What a fucking joke.

So Melodicrock is now leading with anonymous emails?

That's an amazing invitation for trolls, I'm away to write next weeks update. If you see the song title Felch you'll know I've got one through the rigorous journalism of that site which is less reliable than the average teenager posting comments on YouTube...

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  What a fucking joke.

So Melodicrock is now leading with anonymous emails?

That's an amazing invitation for trolls, I'm away to write next weeks update. If you see the song title Felch you'll know I've got one through the rigorous journalism of that site which is less reliable than the average teenager posting comments on YouTube...
                  Wern't they the ones who posted Rikk's fake story a long time ago?
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme

I forgot about that. Similar to when Kip Wingers wikipedia page said he was LoungeMachine. I love this site.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      Everybody posted Rikk's fake story a long time ago.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

100 kind of worthless lines about VH's album on melodicrook, 2 words on Dave's site that mean a damn lot...

Dave's silence was by far our best guarantee that something was truely going on, now these two words are
                        largely enough for me till the release.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

How Dare You.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Halen High
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Terrific. Instead of performing some applicable use by coming up with solid work and creating a credible story based upon valid contacts (of which he has none), we get more unsubstantiated rumors mixed with pure conjecture in the by now predictable fashion from the usual site. This is done for three reasons:

1. It completely alleviates any responsibility from melodicrock if the "details" fail to pan out, not that he has ever bothered taking that responsibility or offered any sort of retractions before.
                            2. It offers the illusion that the site is involved and "inside" what is taking place with the VH camp. This is utterly false.
                            3. It conveniently allows a bunch of pointless and source-free rumor-mongering to be displayed, rather than some good old-fashioned, well reasoned journalism. In a word, laziness.

All this accomplishes is to stoke the fires of anticipation already burning in the hearts and minds of Van Halen fans, and to give the impression that melodicrock is to be taken seriously. The former is totally unnecessary, while the latter is absurdly laughable.
                            Spot on Chef. I've said it before, after reading a number of Melodicrock's reports over the years, I've no doubt his source(s) are from the Sammy Hagar camp. When Van Hagar reunited, he was the first to report it and throughout their ill-fated tour he was also fairly consistent. Someone from Sammy's camp was feeding him. And keep in mind that Andrew has stated that Van Hagar is his favourite version of the band and he did once interview Sammy, so he's motivated to find sources in that camp. But since Sammy was thrown out, Melodicrock has only been able to re-hash reports from others, or come up with stuff like this - rumours. And there's always something negative in his Van Halen reports these days - gee I wonder why that is - such as "David Lee Roth was asked only to contribute lyrics."

This report is about generating attention for the website.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Melodicrock has been wrong far too often about Van Halen for me to start buying into this latest round of rumormongering. Doesn't matter to me if the site ran a disclaimer regarding their source or not; if they put the rumors up on their site, they're the ones responsible for them panning out or not.

If some new music with Roth is, in fact, forthcoming, that'd be great. Am pretty much to the point now where it isn't gonna be all that upsetting if it doesn't come to pass. I mean, should nothing be released it isn't gonna be anywhere near the letdown for me that the 1996 debacle was. 15 years of false starts and a mediocre reunion tour have kinda put the kibosh on my enthusiasm for the future of the band, knowwhadImean?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

What's scary is nobody has seen or heard from Dave. I sure as hell hope Ed and Al don't have him locked up in the basement of Eddie's house of horrors in a gimp outfit.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...