Am I wrong in saying that the way they are writing is the way they used to? Ed & Al would jam and then Dave would put lyrics to it? I don't see the shadow of doom in this. Nowadays with things being instant even through distance ,one could record music ,send it to someone in another state and work on their part,and send it back and forth. Hell ,with Dave & Ed ,that might be the BEST way to do things,until you refine things. Otherwise there might be disagreements and rash things said in the heat of the moment.Spearation and cooler heads may be the BEST thing to happen to this band.
Again,if reports are true,and Wolf is being this instrumental in bringing Dad off Howdy Doody Mountain and back into the real world ,then kudos to the kid. I hope he does get this Hurricane song ,if thats the case,and perhaps his relationship with Dave will help bring Dad around on some of the cooler aspects DLR brings to the table.Ed may be able to say no to Roth allll day,but when it comes to his kid,maybe he will listen to some suggestions for the first time since '95.....