Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

A Relic From Days Gone By....

Nowadays, you just get an email. IF you get one at all.

No need for anyone to submit their material by standard mail.

This was from 1987. One of many. Still have them in my file cabinet as "trophies of failure", lol.

IF you made any attempt to do anything at all back in the day, you will have stuff like this:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was the only person who had their own computer in our apartment complex in college in 1987. I had a built like a tank IBM PC and an equally built like a tank Okidata printer. I ran Wordperfect and Lotus 123 on it. I would take my reports up to campus on those big floppy disks to have them printed out on a laser printer so they would look nice. Everyone wanted to use my word processor. I felt like saying only cute girls could use my word processor and they could pay me in sex. People were still using typewriters in 1987. Computers have come a long way since then but then looking at how much society and the government has degenerated since then I often wonder if they really improved life all that much or if we are giving the computer too much credit. In many ways they have made us lazier and less focused. I don't think they really have made us much smarter. Many kids today can't even read or write in cursive or even sign their name. You would be amazed at how many can't and they get good grades on their report cards. It's probably a result of the Every Child Left With No Mind program Bush started.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-05-2011 at 02:47 AM.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I was the only person who had their own computer in our apartment complex in college in 1987. I had a built like a tank IBM PC and an equally built like a tank Okidata printer. I ran Wordperfect and Lotus 123 on it. I would take my reports up to campus on those big floppy disks to have them printed out on a laser printer so they would look nice. Everyone wanted to use my word processor. I felt like saying only cute girls could use my word processor and they could pay me in sex. People were still using typewriters in 1987. Computers have come a long way since then but then looking at how much society and the government has degenerated since then I often wonder if they really improved life all that much or if we are giving the computer too much credit. In many ways they have made us lazier and less focused. I don't think they really have made us much smarter. Many kids today can't even read or write in cursive or even sign their name. You would be amazed at how many can't and they get good grades on their report cards. It's probably a result of the Every Child Left With No Mind program Bush started.
    Annnd????

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Instead of sending your demo directly to WB, maybe you should have sent it to Ted Templeman, the man behind the boards for all 6 Van HALEN albums, Eat Em & Smile, Van Hagar's FUCK, several Doobie Brothers albums, and Christ only knows what else. I don't know if he would have listened to it or not, but he certainly would have been taken seriously by the suits at WB.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    People were still using typewriters in 1987.

I used one up until about 1996. Bought a really nice electric one at Montgomery Ward (also gone now). I pretty much just used it for my resume and occasionally if I was bored, typing the names on the home movie VHS labels.

Funny how much stuff is gone that we don't even realize until someone mentions it. I loved that typewriter.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still had my old IBM selectric and just let my kids play around on it. They finally broke the thing. I think I should have taken it to the scrap metal dealer because that thing weighed a ton. That old IBM shit was built like a freaking battle ship. In high school I had a hard assed composition teacher that would hold the papers up to the light to see if any white out had been used and she would dock you points. Everything had to be typed perfectly or you would lose points. She was the queen of hard ass.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-06-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    If I could have sent my demos to Ted Templeman, I would have. Have to have his address first. Living in Kansas, I was not that connected to the L.A. music scene....did not move to L.A. again until 1990. But when I did, it just increased the number of rejection letters I got, as getting Music Connection each week, the addresses I had of publishers, producers and label people increased drastically.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-07-2011 at 04:31 AM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is no different than going to court and after you loose or win the judge and all the lawyers pro or against go out to lunch together cause the Bar Ass'n is a pool of money.

We won't listen to your tape unless you employ a third or fourth party and contribute to the general fund of "you get less we get more".

The letter speaks more of, this guys knows wich way is up and we don't want that because we can't gleen off the top and middle, of a band like this.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 07-08-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Thread Information