Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And if you're worried about "cheap, shit" gas, use the retailers on the following list that self "Top Tier" gasoline in accordance with agreements with major auto manufacturers...

TOP TIER is developed and enforced by some of the leading automotive manufacturers and supplied by participating fuel retailers.

If you're going to pay more, at least get more detergent additive...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The shell nitrogen enhanced gasoline makes a difference in my sports car engines. For my older engines I run Lucas fuel treatment in them to give the valves some lubrication. All gasoline comes from the same pipeline and it is the additives. Some of the convenience store gas like Maverik are actually tank bottoms. It's shit gas and I avoid it. You do get what you pay for.

What's nice about Wyoming is it's legal to fill your car up with 100 octane gas at the airport. Once you get use to running on av gas, man, all that stuff at the gas stations seems like shit.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Wyoming is one of the few states where you could drive fast enough to get use out of 100 octane gas. Doesn't make much sense for a daily rush hour commute where 40 miles an hour is the top speed....and that's on the freeway.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
          we're staring at possible $5.00 a gallon gas by this summer. :fupunk:

My $0.02

Planned. By fall it will drop from $5 to $4 and everyone will suck Obamas butthole in thanks and vote him in a landslide.

And we will be thankful to pay $4! That's the fucked up part. They always raise it superficially high so they can lower it a bit & you will be thankful. Instead, we should be OUTRAGED it's over $2.50 a gallon.

I know....if we do this, that or the other it won't affect gas prices for 10 years. Yeah, I remember that argument 10 years ago. 20 years ago. etc.... DO IT NOW! Ten years is gonna come, lets do the prep work NOW!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Again, the fact that neither Obama, nor even if a Republican were to win the Presidency, has absolutely no say in the price of gas is astonishing to me....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Um, you mean Iran. The place our "allies" in Israel we fund to the tune of billion$ a year are threatening to bomb the place, as well as sanctions and a self-imposed oil embargo by Iran (which amounts to cutting their own throat) are what is mainly driving up prices this time....
              Yes i did mean Iran.

Anyway the had a deal on the news last night that said speculators are the real reason behind the price of gas. No shortage of supply and lower demand right now becasue it's winter. Now tell me that doesn piss you off. I'll see if I can find the story here in a bit.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I can't get it to embed but here is a link.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

You watch MSNBC now? Won't they kick you out of the Klan for that?
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Satan
                    You watch MSNBC now? Won't they kick you out of the Klan for that?
                    I watch NBC nightly news most of the time. I like Brian Williams because I think he shoots straight.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      The shell nitrogen enhanced gasoline makes a difference in my sports car engines. For my older engines I run Lucas fuel treatment in them to give the valves some lubrication. All gasoline comes from the same pipeline and it is the additives. Some of the convenience store gas like Maverik are actually tank bottoms. It's shit gas and I avoid it. You do get what you pay for.

What's nice about Wyoming is it's legal to fill your car up with 100 octane gas at the airport. Once you get use to running on av gas, man, all that stuff at the gas stations seems like shit.
                      A Volkswagen Passat is a "sports car?" Or was it a Mazda Miata?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                        Yes i did mean Iran.

Anyway the had a deal on the news last night that said speculators are the real reason behind the price of gas. No shortage of supply and lower demand right now becasue it's winter. Now tell me that doesn piss you off. I'll see if I can find the story here in a bit.
                        Of course it pisses me off! Libyan oil is now widely available although I think not yet in high quantities. That alone should off-set problems with Iran...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Does this sound familiar to anyone besides me? Why is it this administration always tries to stick it's finger in the dike instead of actually plugging the fucking hole? The last time we release oil form the reserves was great but it was to late and fuck me if we are not in a worse situation now.

..WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is considering a release from its strategic oil reserves, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said on Friday, acknowledging the harm that supply disruptions from Iran could have on the global economy.

Rising tensions between Iran and the West over its disputed nuclear program have fueled a rise in oil prices, pushing benchmark Brent crude above $125 a barrel on Friday.

"There is a case for the use of the reserve in some circumstances and we will continue to look at those and evaluate that carefully," Geithner said on CNBC television.

"Obviously Iran can do a lot of damage to the global economy," Geithner said. "We are working very carefully to try to minimize that risk, make sure there are alternative sources of supply from Saudi Arabia and others to help compensate for reduced exports from Iran."

The United Nations' nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, warned on Friday that Iran has sharply stepped up its uranium enrichment drive. The IAEA report was seen as inflaming fears in Israel, which has threatened pre-emptive strikes on Iran's nuclear sites to stop it pursuing an atomic weapons program.

The fear of tightening supplies, exacerbated by a threat from Tehran to close the Strait of Hormuz - the main Gulf oil shipping lane - have driven oil prices higher, putting political pressure on President Barack Obama, who is running for re-election in November.

The appetite for a coordinated opening of reserves by the United States and other nations may not be as high as last June, when Western nations agreed to release a total of 60 million barrels of oil in response to supply disruptions from Libya.

Angel Gurria, secretary general of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, said releasing reserves now would not help dampened oil prices.

"These prices are due to a great extent ... because there is a lot of tension, these discussions every day over the Straits of Hormuz and Israel," he said on the sidelines of a Group of 20 meeting in Mexico City.

"That would not be solved by releasing reserves."

The International Monetary Fund flagged higher oil prices as a rising threat to the global economy on Friday, urging policymakers to keep a close eye on western tensions with Iran.

Looming U.S. sanctions on Iran's oil buyers, as well as an impending European Union oil embargo, have forced countries to cut back on purchases from the world's fifth-largest exporter of crude, pushing up the price of the commodity.

"A new risk on the horizon, or maybe not on the horizon, maybe right in front of us, is high oil prices," David Lipton, first deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund, said in a presentation at the G20 gathering.

"The situation in Iran is a risk that we have to be thinking about. Our assessment is that the global economy is not really out of the danger zone," Lipton added.

ELECTION YEAR BACKDROP

Obama, who is running for re-election on November 6, is under pressure, including from within his own party, to take steps to keep gasoline prices down to preserve the U.S. economic recovery.

U.S. consumers have seen the price of fuel jump nearly 9 cents in the past week to an average of $3.61 a gallon. The cost is expected to rise further toward $4 or higher through the summer driving season.

Geithner said part of the reason oil prices were rising was a strengthening economy, and he urged Americans to take a long view.

"There is no quick fix to this. No short-term fix to this," he said, adding the best strategy for the United States was to continue to make long-term investments to expand U.S. production, reduce the country's dependence on foreign oil and encourage Americans to use energy more efficiently.

The White House declined to comment about specific talks regarding a Strategic Petroleum Reserve release.

Oil prices fell 8 percent in the days following the announcement of last year's coordinated release.

A handful of Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday said the White House should consider tapping stockpiles again to send a message to Iran that the United States is willing to use its emergency reserves.

David Goldwyn, who headed international energy affairs at the State Department until early 2011, said an SPR release now could be a hard sell.

"Absent a new significant disruption, it is hard to see the justification for an SPR release, much less a coordinated release with the IEA," Goldwyn said. "Rising gasoline prices alone are not a significant justification."

Goldwyn said one key bellweather to watch in the coming weeks will be the Obama administration's decision on whether to grant waivers to U.S. sanctions for up to 120 days for countries that buy Iranian oil.

The decision on the waivers will require the White House to weigh in officially on whether there is enough supply for countries to stop using Iranian crude.

(Additional reporting by Dave Graham, Timothy Gardner, Ayesha Rascoe and Samson Reiny; Writing by Jeff Mason; Editing by Eric Walsh)

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Try being from the country that supplies 90% of the US oil, but still pays more at the pumps. The hybrids will be the big sellers this year.

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

we're gonna hit $1.55 ish soon. and that's PER LITRE...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                                Does this sound familiar to anyone besides me? Why is it this administration always tries to stick it's finger in the dike instead of actually plugging the fucking hole? The last time we release oil form the reserves was great but it was to late and fuck me if we are not in a worse situation now.

Why would we release oil from the Reserve every time oil inches up? Especially with a real threat of war in the Middle East?

Comment

Working...