Thread: If You Had The Chance

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Credit for that one goes to a guy who called himself "Crazy F. Heat" who had one of the first generation Roth/VH sites back in the late 90's along with Slawterhouse, FORD Country, Roth Army 1.0, and a few others long faded into memory. I can't even remember the name of the guy's site, honestly, and have no idea who he was or if he's still around. But the name "Eddie Van Halen & Wings" for Van Hagar... well that's just something you don't forget.

A toast to "Crazy"...... where ever the fuck you are
    Your memory never ceases to amaze me, senor FORD....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Surprising how that shit survives among all the brain cells drowned in beer though
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    much as i love their music, spending time with ed and al would not be worth the amount they could pay me.
    like u know are they are .
    I would pay them to hangout!!!

My tickets in the mail yet?

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    yep. Michael jackson recorded with eddie van halen. Thomas dolby recorded with eddie van halen. Roger waters recorded with eddie van halen. Nothing wrong with any of that (though i still resisted any impulse to buy thriller, just for that 30 seconds)

difference is that none of those guys labeled their records as "van halen". Van hagar did, yet it wasn't any more than any of those others were. And to this day, i don't know what the fuck vdiii was, but it wasn't van halen either.

They should have called it something else. Sam & the shirellas. Eddie van halen & wings, cheesy tequila and the waboheads. Whatever.... Just don't call that shit "van halen".
    dont forget brian may

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, forgot about that one.....maybe because it's been out of print (at least in the US) for over 25 years.

But then Brian May has crapped all over the name of "Queen" even worse than Eddie crapped all over the name of Van Halen.

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, forgot about that one.....maybe because it's been out of print (at least in the US) for over 25 years.

But then Brian May has crapped all over the name of "Queen" even worse than Eddie crapped all over the name of Van Halen.

From what i heard about those sessions EVH didnt know he was being recorded or something like that. he thought he was there to jam. Brian may then put out the record without EVH permission.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People, now we see how fucked up a love for Van Halen can make a fellow ...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brian May has crapped all over the name of "Queen" even worse than Eddie crapped all over the name of Van Halen.
    That's a bold (and completely bullshit) statement. How do you figure he did that?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By performing as "Queen" with the likes of George Michael and that other British boy band fag whose name I can't remember. Wasn't right for him to use the name with Paul Rodgers either, but at least he was a rock singer.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have STAR FLEET PROJECT on vinyl....wonder if its worth anything these days?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    anywhere from $6 to $70 on EBAY......

Cha-Ching!!!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By performing as "Queen" with the likes of George Michael and that other British boy band fag whose name I can't remember. Wasn't right for him to use the name with Paul Rodgers either, but at least he was a rock singer.
    Wasn't that the whole band though? I mean, their singer died.. I don't see a problem with them continuing to play songs they wrote under the name they recorded them under. Am I missing something?

It's not like the got some fat fucking clown that talked shit constantly about Freddy.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't be so picky. The George Michael thing was part of a memorial concert for Freddie Mercury and sounded pretty damn good too.
    MAybe it wasn't right to use the name with Paul Rodgers to You but The Queen with Paul Rodgers show was one of the best shows I've seen in the past ten years. Much better than The 3/4 VH thing and the Ozzy Sabbath reunion.
    To say that May shit on the Queen name more than Eddie shit on the VH name is exaggeration to the extreme. EVH hired hagar and his own kid for fucks sake. He went onstage fucked up on drugs and liquor and completely embarrassed himself how many times?
    Everything Brian May has done under the Queen banner has pretty much honored Freddie's memory and Legacy. What did VH do for Roth? Ill tell you what. They had Hagar insult Dave from the stage while performing Classic VH hits and carry out signs motherfucking Roth and showing them to the audience.
    That's all I'm saying.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Freddie IS Queen in the same sense that Dave IS Van Halen, or Bono is U2, or Plant is Led Zeppelin.

It's not to say that there's no talent in the rest of the band, but rather to say that the band's frontman is such a huge piece of what made them the band they were that it couldn't possibly be the same entity with anybody else in that position. Before Freddie Mercury joined that band, they were called "Smile". If they had gone back to that name after he died, everyone would have known who they were, and their fans would have respected them for doing so.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still say you is being too picky. We're all smart enough to know that Queen is a brand name and is used as such.
    I disagree that Freddie was Queen. Certainly a Big,Vital part but the truth is Everybody wrote in that band, everybody sang and cuntributed. Also, Queen never tried very hard to really be "Queen" after Freddies death whereas Van Halen Proclaimed themselves superior with hagar.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But they would want to only hear Queen songs, IMO... it's like Dave & Eddie - you wouldn't have one without the other. I got the impression that Queen fans were very happy with the Paul Rodgers thing...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    Also, Queen never tried very hard to really be "Queen" after Freddies death whereas Van Halen Proclaimed themselves superior with hagar.
    Indeed.

I gave up on all things Van Hagar after hearing 5150 and because they got very little or no promotion in Europe every so often online now I come across shit that I haven't heard before or maybe heard once and forgot. The Beavis thread tonight brought me to this.

Fucking hell. Just fucking hell.

Sucking Boy George's sperm from George Michael's anus and spitting it into Richard Simmons mouth is less gay than this.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-24-2011 at 11:28 PM.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i remember hearing that crap on the radio when it came out, '95 i think. limp insipid formulaic garbage.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Obviously there are some musicians on here, some wannabe/frustrated rockers whose bands never took off.
    Several members here have been accused of being wannabes, frustrated rockers that never made it [myself included] and are therefore bitter, disillusioned and frustrated by never making it!

Around my mid-thirties the "earth shattering" realization was I'm over the hill and will never make it.........guess what, it wasn't a big deal. I love music, I love playing music, I love writing music and performing live. I did a solid 10 years on the road playing, writing and recording, the grind was intense and got old. Yeah, I gave it 110% and supposedly failed.......Guess what....big fucking deal. The blues men of the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's never "made it" yet still wrote, recorded and toured well into their 60's and 70's.......they only got a marginal amount of recognition because of the influence they had on rock music. They never cared about "making it" they just wanted to make a living doing what they loved, period.

I'm OK with the fact that I'll never "make it" and enjoy the freedom of recording, writing and preforming live when I want to and not because I have to. The music is purer and the stress is gone. Yeah, go ahead and flame me but it's better to do something you love and find value in it, on any level, than doing something you hate trying to chase a dream.

As far as joining VH............would never want to!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    you know kwame, there are many little niches in the biz that you can slide sideways into... i knew i wasn't ever gonna be a big rockstar, cause i HATE travelling. hate it. so 18 or so years ago i started teaching, and i look forward to going to work every single day. so there you go.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    you know kwame, there are many little niches in the biz that you can slide sideways into... i knew i wasn't ever gonna be a big rockstar, cause i HATE travelling. hate it. so 18 or so years ago i started teaching, and i look forward to going to work every single day. so there you go.
    See, that's what I'm talking about......you found an outlet for your talent.....mine's playing live, writing and recording.......am I successful? In my world, I am.........I played every major city in the US, got laid by women who wouldn't of given me the time of day had it not been for me being in a band......I have memories and stories from the road that no one can take away.....I lived a lifestyle that most people only dream about!

Yeah, I'm bitter

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Several members here have been accused of being wannabes, frustrated rockers that never made it [myself included] and are therefore bitter, disillusioned and frustrated by never making it!

Around my mid-thirties the "earth shattering" realization was I'm over the hill and will never make it.........guess what, it wasn't a big deal. I love music, I love playing music, I love writing music and performing live. I did a solid 10 years on the road playing, writing and recording, the grind was intense and got old. Yeah, I gave it 110% and supposedly failed.......Guess what....big fucking deal. The blues men of the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's never "made it" yet still wrote, recorded and toured well into their 60's and 70's.......they only got a marginal amount of recognition because of the influence they had on rock music. They never cared about "making it" they just wanted to make a living doing what they loved, period.

I'm OK with the fact that I'll never "make it" and enjoy the freedom of recording, writing and preforming live when I want to and not because I have to. The music is purer and the stress is gone. Yeah, go ahead and flame me but it's better to do something you love and find value in it, on any level, than doing something you hate trying to chase a dream.

As far as joining VH............would never want to!

Over 90% of the people who make it eventually have to transition to something else later in life. Only a few people have life long careers that stay towards the top. Some people have great name recognition but don't have the rights to the name or their music. There's so many variables and definitions on what making it really is. My brother in law manages a freight depot and has his own band. At night the depot becomes his crank it to hell practice space and they book their band into various venues and events. They make money but it's a side for fun project. If you have a wife and kids, it's probably a better idea to keep the day job but if you want to live the adventure stay single and have a big box of condoms.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Over 90% of the people who make it eventually have to transition to something else later in life. Only a few people have life long careers that stay towards the top.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    none more black.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HA!!!

At least this 'tard has had the good sense to NOT respond to his own redickulous thread..............

Thread Information