[SIZE="5"]Hey, I'm justluvvanhalen from NJ. I love Dave's music with Van Halen. Saw him with Van Halen in Philly when I was a kid/preteen back in 1984. What a showman!! One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Anyway, the other day I got a text from a now former friend who told me to "SHOVE THE JEW THING UP MY ASS". I happened to be listening to some old Van Halen songs in my car at the time and then I remembered that many years ago someone made a famous antisemitic comment about Dave that was something like "Well the band makes the music, but it's the Jew that brings in the money". It was really horrible. So for some reason I remembered that comment as I was listening to some old Van Halen music, so I then cranked up the Van Halen, sang along and felt much better. I wrote about him and my antisemitic text experience on my facebook page. I basically said that in many ways he was a pioneer since he was one of the first Jewish lead singers of a tremendously successful rock band and that I had a lot of respect for him. I know Dave doesn't usually talk much about his Jewish identity, but in many ways he's done a lot for the Jewish community. He's shown everyone that even a nice Jewish guy can lead a rock band and put on good show. Hearing him sing some Van Halen hits actually made me feel much better after being hurt by a former friend and his antisemitic comments. I may be Jewish but I have friends of all races, religions, ethnicities and no one should say hurtful things about any group. Dave would never do that. I'd love to write him and tell him about my experience. I wonder if he'd write me back. Anyway, just wanted to share this. I'd love to see Van Halen on tour if it happens in the near future. I'm proud to be a new member of The Roth Army.

Regards,
justluvvanhalen