Does anyone care about Van Halen's new album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I got a chuckle out of that
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I don't think the article is that bad.

Yes, they replaced Mike with Wolf on the VH I picture, and quickly put it back.
      Yes, there was some pretty drunken performances from Ed. I remember hearing reports of Wolf getting pretty pissed at his Dad.
      Hell, I'll even agree that a lot of people may not care much about a new VH album at this point. We all do, but VH missed their best opportunity, what, 15 years ago?

Pretty fuckin' crazy to think how much time has went by since they stepped out together at the VMAs and lit the excitement of the music world on fire with just 3 minutes on stage together.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Now THAT is one nice... chair....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• rocking ron
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

I like her... shirt!!

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

For the record, I care about the new album.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

The diehard fans still care.

The question is how many of THEM are still around?

I'd imagine the Van Halen fanbase has so many subsets (people who like CVH only, Chedheads, Eddie Grunts) and while there were millions upon millions of fans 25 years ago, how many of them are waiting with baited breath for a new album?

Hey, I'm as hardcore as they come, but after 15 years of fuckups and the natural onset of age, personally if the band never did anything again it wouldn't be that much of a loss to me. I'm not in my teens anymore, where it was a real bummer when Roth quit...or when I anxiously waited for the band to release 1984...or when I was counting down the days after I bought my tickets to see them on the 1984 tour to the day of the actual concert. When I bought my tix to see them in 2008 several months before the gig, life went on in the meantime. When the show day came and Ed was a drunken mess, I really wasn't bummed on a major scale beyond irked that I had paid decent money to see a drunken bum.

My illusions of the band and the nature of rock stars in general are too far gone to get all that hyped about what they're doing now.

All that being said, a new Van Halen album with Roth that rocks well would be pretty fucking sweet.

If that doesn't happen, whatever.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I've always felt I missed out on the first years due to my own addiction to work. So it means a lot to me to be "current" with the band that literally changed my life.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...