Does anyone care about Van Halen's new album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

If no one cares about a new Van Halen album, why did this guy write a long piece about it? If he truly believes what he is saying, surely he assumed even less people would read his article.

No one cares that I stubbed my toe.

They will care even less about the thread I will write about it.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

How did they screw up the Guitar hero release? Did I miss something?

Oh dear.

Comment

• Headly1984
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

guy makes a couple valid points - lots of time has passed .. will people care ?

Did people expect Death Magnetic to be more than St. Anger .. probably not .. but it was damn good..

stones bigger bang was good - it was a thud of a release .. went no where

new journey ? - Malaysian singer kinda makes it a so what ..

New VH CD???- well VH & DLR tour sold out mighty quick .. is there pent up demand - you betcha ..

.. and 1/2 of VH is Eddie and his guitar - if Ed is en fuego so too is the CD - if Ed pussifies his playing ... it will be a who cares imho

up for breakfast / Me wise Magic = who cares .. but TOUR!!!!!!!!!! tour ! tour !!!!!!!!! TOUR!

Comment

• Headly1984
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
          in the sense they didnt capitalize on the fad - no VH guitar hero edition spose'

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
            I'm uncertain how the guy meant the reference to Guitar Hero. Was he saying the band "blew it" by limiting the song selection to the CVH era, or was he implying that the group should have waited and tied the new album to the game? Either way, it doesn't matter as Activision is currently revamping the franchise, so a new platform and games will be flooding the market soon. Van Halen will certainly have another opportunity to join in on the fun.

Forbes: New Studio ‘Reinventing’ Guitar Hero
            Last edited by chefcraig; 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM. Reason: spellliiingg

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Headly1984
              new journey ? - Malaysian singer kinda makes it a so what ..
              Filipino... I knew the guy a little when I was stationed there in the '80's....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Headly1984
                in the sense they didnt capitalize on the fad - no VH guitar hero edition spose'
                What are you talking about?

There is a Guitar Hero - Van Halen...and it's available for all game platforms. I own it for PS3...and I actually got it for free packaged with another game.

However, they didn't capitalize on it. There was nothing on the VH website, no publicity, no NOTHING from anyone in the band. In fact, the only real publicity they got surrounding the whole thing was largely negative, based on their ongoing hissy fit involving Michael Anthony.

The VH boys opted to (again) exclude Michael Anthony from the game, instead replacing him with Wolfgang....much the way they tried with their infamous "airbrush" scandal on their website when they replaced bassplayer on the album cover art.

It's even sillier when you see Wolfgang playing in the "Classic" Van Halen Guitar Hero songs (Dave with the long hair, Eddie in his "Dice" shirt, etc...). Those were the days when Wolfgang wasn't even an itch in his daddy's pants.
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                  If no one cares about a new Van Halen album, why did this guy write a long piece about it?
                  Because he cares about garnering attention for himself, and he knows there's still a big CVH fanbase out there that would go fucking nuts over this article and give it a longer life span.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    If no one cares about a new Van Halen album, why did this guy write a long piece about it?.
                    Listen to the lyric at 5:15

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      The question is, is there anyone else left that still cares?

So who we supposed to care about --- Chickenshit and more retarded lyrics from Poodle-Head ??

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

No...those are for the idiot who wrote that article to jack off over...

Comment

• Headly1984
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

that steve via is really bad ..

wow awful really

ok, I missed the guitar hero VH - I haven't played video games since my atari 2600 lol!!!

seems they missed good PR - but nothing else

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            So who we supposed to care about --- Chickenshit and more retarded lyrics from Poodle-Head ??
                            Like some kind of alien looking for the opening, shit comes marching in. Hey baybee! I'm gay, I'm up for breakfast and I'm here to ruin your day. You just a sucker, a sucker in a three piece you just a sucker because you bought my album mother fucker. Now I'm marching to Mars, with all your money, because you gave it to me, is pretty damn funny because I'm Sammy. I wear children's jammies.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Like some kind of alien looking for the opening, shit comes marching in. Hey baybee! I'm gay, I'm up for breakfast and I'm here to ruin your day. You just a sucker, a sucker in a three piece you just a sucker because you bought my album mother fucker. Now I'm marching to Mars, with all your money, because you gave it to me, is pretty damn funny because I'm Sammy. I wear children's jammies.
                              " Some kind of alien....waits for the opening....simply pulls a string....love cums walkin' in "

I always thought pulling the string referred to Poodle-Head's tampon getting yanked out of his smelly twat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/GQge_Yn-SLM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/GQge_Yn-SLM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...