X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kissfan1976
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2010

Original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed

The original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and have begun rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and possible new album.

The original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and have begun rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and possible new album.

While the MetalTalk.net troops converged on Bloodstock Festival, the spies went further afield to find Bill Ward and Geezer Butler lurking around in another part of the Midlands and today, we bring you our best ever exclusive and can tell you first that the original Black Sabbath line-up have reunited.

A decision was made fourteen days ago and this morning (Monday 15th August), Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer ('it will never happen') Butler, and Bill Ward gathered in their secret rehearsal studio and began the process of putting the show back on the road.

Much, much more to follow on this story. For now, the original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and will be back in action very soon...
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

From blabbermouth

_____________________________________-

It's Official: Reunited Original Lineup Of BLACK SABBATH Working On New Album - Aug. 16, 2011

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed to Birmingham Mail that the band's original lineup has reunited and is rehearsing for a tour and new studio album.

Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne wrote new material in June for a record that will be released next year.

"We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good," said Iommi. "It's more back to the old original stuff."

He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.

"It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going, 'Well, I never say never.' He told me, 'I don't know what to say."

Iommi told the Birmingham Mail that his only concern about a reunion of BLACK SABBATH's original lineup was the health of drummer Bill Ward who in 1998 suffered a heart attack.

"He hasn't been 100 percent. He had an operation a few months ago, so we'll see how he is."

Ozzy was asked by QMI Agency in a recent interview why the four members of SABBATH couldn't seem to agree on playing together again. Ozzy replied, "I haven't got a clue. If they want to call me, they can call me. I never say never. If it works, fine. If it don't, I'll move on. It ain't the end of the world. I ain't gonna get a box of Kleenex and cry my eyes out for the rest of my life."

Ozzy added, "I would love to do a great album with BLACK SABBATH. I would love to get the credit we so roundly deserve. At the same time, the pressure would be really intense. I could go tomorrow and make an album with them, but it wouldn't necessarily be something I would be proud of."

The original SABBATH lineup has not toured together since summer 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

SABBATH did try to record a new album 12 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.

Osbourne and Iommi last year amicably resolved their problems over the ownership of the BLACK SABBATH name and court proceedings in New York were discontinued.

Ozzy filed a lawsuit against Iommi in May 2009, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne sued Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charged that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

Lawyer Andrew DeVore argued that Osbourne signed away all his rights to the BLACK SABBATH trademark after he quit the band in 1979.

Osbourne's lawyer, Howard Shire, called that agreement a "red herring" that was "repudiated" when the singer rejoined in 1997 and took over "quality control" of the band's merchandise, tours and recordings.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I think this will be underwhelming. As much as the latter work with Dio was surprisingly good, I just don't think the stuff with Ozzy will be able to meet expectations.

The songs they did in '97 were utter dogshit.

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I take it a Wylde-less Ozzy hasn't done well and is seeking a monetary increase in Sabbath. Who cares really.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I doubt it's about money: Ozzy could probably make more on his own tour because he'd be taking a majoirty %.

Plus, 'Scream' was very well received by the critics - it's not saying much, but it is easily his best record since 'No Rest For the Wicked' (i.e. better than most of Wylde-era work).

They're all multi-millionaires, so I guess at this stage its just a case of whether they can be bothered to deal with one another and a 'now or never' mentality.

Comment

• kissfan1976
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2010

2012 and The Return Of Black Sabbath, Hmmmmm.....,

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not surprised at all if they do another tour, but I'll believe there's an album when I hear it. I just hope they can do something better than "Psycho Man" and "Selling My Soul".
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Frankly, not concerned with the new stuff at all...

But I have to admit, I saw them in concert when they reunited in '99, and the atmosphere in that crowd was amazing... It was like, well, what WOULD have been if MA were back....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Listened to the first Sabbath album a few days ago... fucking amazing!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sabbath is another one of those cases where the first 6 albums are all you ever really need.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BruinJer
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Techincal Ecstasy was pretty bad!
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        I doubt it's about money: Ozzy could probably make more on his own tour because he'd be taking a majoirty %.
                        EVERYTHING with Sharon is about money. They probably would stand to somehow make more or she wouldn't do it. But I guess since he has no new album on his own to support, this would give them a chance to go back out and make some dough. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• kissfan1976
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2010

Tony Iommi Denies Reunion Talk, calling it "absolute nonsense"
                          The net has been abuzz the last 24 hours with a ton of reunion talk of Mk I Black Sabbath. It's all mostly fueled on an article from the Birmingham Mail newspaper where Tony Iommi reported to have talked about a reunion, etc... There were no official statements on the matter.

Until now.

Tony Iommi just issued this statement on his site (which is overloaded at the moment, as has been mine). Check this:

Black Sabbath Re-Union Speculation 16th August 2011
                          Black Sabbath Re-Union

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best,Tony

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by kissfan1976
                            Tony Iommi Denies Reunion Talk, calling it "absolute nonsense"
                            The net has been abuzz the last 24 hours with a ton of reunion talk of Mk I Black Sabbath. It's all mostly fueled on an article from the Birmingham Mail newspaper where Tony Iommi reported to have talked about a reunion, etc... There were no official statements on the matter.

Until now.

Tony Iommi just issued this statement on his site (which is overloaded at the moment, as has been mine). Check this:

Black Sabbath Re-Union Speculation 16th August 2011
                            Black Sabbath Re-Union

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best,Tony
                            Who do these guys think they are? Van Halen?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I know. Here is the new twist:

Van Halen used to have a rep for hiring sucky/lame bands to open for them back in the early 80s. Or at least it always seemed whoever opened for them would totally suck.

Twist it around, so it is like an even earlier tour: 1978!

So they could do a big reunion tour with two bands who toured together before. Recreate all the original stuff. Their original stage clothes. Their original gear.

Van Halen could open for Black Sabbath every night of the tour, and blow them off the stage much like they did in 1978, lol.

The ORIGINAL lineup with Mike. THE ONLY TRUE BASSPLAYER OF VAN HALEN!

Black Sabbath could play their standard set, while Ozzy would stumble over to the mic and yell "LET'S GO FUCKING CRAZY! at the 4,000 fans left in the arena....

And an entirely new generation of fans could tell their grandkids someday: "Goddammit! I saw Van Halen blow Black Sabbath away in 2012!!! What you kids listen to these days ain't shit!..."
                              Last edited by Hardrock69; 08-16-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...