Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I have to be honest, paying a fortune to see a bunch of old guys who are well past their best doesn't interest me at all.

Yes, the are legends, but it's over.

As for a new album?

No thanks.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well, this "official news" got smacked pretty quickly, eh?

The original Sabs best years are behind them. Time to move on.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
        I have to be honest, paying a fortune to see a bunch of old guys who are well past their best doesn't interest me at all.

Yes, the are legends, but it's over.

As for a new album?

No thanks.
        Frankly, Iommi and Butler put together such a great reunion with Dio (at least in terms of delivering excellent live performances) several years back that I seriously doubt anything Ozzy and Ward would bring to the table these days would mean much by way of comparison.

It's not like the original four would get together in some shitty, burnt-out factory in Birmingham, and create new tunes purely for the sake of making music.

Plus, these guys already reunited once already.

I mean, much of the stuff they did with Ozzy WAS pure brilliance. Fantastic work with Dio as well. Hell, even the one-off with Gillan had moments of greatness. Nothing will ever tarnish that output. However, the idea that if one only gets the members of the "best" or classic lineup of whatever band back together...that this in and of itself will reslut in rekindling the old magic...the track record for this actually happening is usually quite the opposite.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

This is one of the only big bands I have yet to see. Please don't skip Florida like everyone else does these days....
          gnaw on it

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

TONY IOMMI Confirms Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup Rehearsed For First Time In Years - Oct. 21, 2011
            Guitarist Tony Iommi has told U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine that the four original members of BLACK SABBATH recently got together in a rehearsal room for the first time in years, adding, "[We] played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We're all on good terms and we're at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it's the closest it's been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Singer Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com last week that a reunion of the original BLACK SABBATH lineup was a "very, very strong possibility." He added, "It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

The Birmingham Mail reported in August that the original SABBATH lineup — Ozzy, Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward — had begun rehearsing and writing music in secret for a new album. The Mail based its story around remarks made by Iommi, who later said the comments were off the record and taken out of context. Iommi's manager, however, did not deny that a reunion was underway.

Speculation about a reunion was fueled later that month when Ozzy skipped the Hollywood premiere of the documentary about his life, "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne". Both his son Jack and daughter Kelly hinted at the time that their dad was "doing something that is very, very exciting."

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Enough, already! Two months ago, Iommi denied this was happening, calling it "absolute nonsense." Great. Shit or get off the pot, but most of all, shut the fuck up until then, Tony.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I hear VH is in the studio... just sayin...
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  TONY IOMMI Confirms Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup Rehearsed For First Time In Years - Oct. 21, 2011
                  Guitarist Tony Iommi has told U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine that the four original members of BLACK SABBATH recently got together in a rehearsal room for the first time in years, adding, "[We] played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We're all on good terms and we're at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it's the closest it's been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Singer Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com last week that a reunion of the original BLACK SABBATH lineup was a "very, very strong possibility." He added, "It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

The Birmingham Mail reported in August that the original SABBATH lineup — Ozzy, Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward — had begun rehearsing and writing music in secret for a new album. The Mail based its story around remarks made by Iommi, who later said the comments were off the record and taken out of context. Iommi's manager, however, did not deny that a reunion was underway.

Speculation about a reunion was fueled later that month when Ozzy skipped the Hollywood premiere of the documentary about his life, "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne". Both his son Jack and daughter Kelly hinted at the time that their dad was "doing something that is very, very exciting."
                  I read something similar weeks ago. It would be great if it were treu and I see no reason to think it's not at this point.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I have every Sabbath album. From Black Sabbath to Seventh Star to that abomination Forbidden, to Devil You Know. While I was stoked as hell for the Dio reunion and album (which delivered the goods) I really am done with the Ozzy-Sab. They did so much great stuff that it can never be touched. I think that the band still had work to do with RJD, and that's why the album was good. A reunited Sabbath album will likely be disappointing as hell. I'll buy it of course if it happens, and that's probably why it will happen. $$$$$$$
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Here's my final word are the subject: Either deliver a damned reunion, or buy back your souls, because right now they aren't doing shit for Hell's bottom line.
                      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

As much as everyone thinks a Sabbath album wouldn't be good because of Ozzy, in reality it's down to Tony.

If he doesn't come up with the riffs, the thing will be sunk before Ozzy sings a note.
                        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                          If he doesn't come up with the riffs, the thing will be sunk before Ozzy sings a note.
                          Absolutely. It comes down to the quality of the tunes. My problem with Ozzy is that he can't hit stuff like Hole in the Sky which frankly makes me wonder why the Asbury Park concert wasn't released officially as it really delivered.

(the following isn't Asbury Park but there's video at least)

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Rumour - BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, MOTÖRHEAD To Tour Together?
                            Hot Flashes
                            Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 10:04:31 EST

While the original members of BLACK SABBATH - guitarist Tony Iommi, singer Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward - appear to be reuniting with one rehearsal already in the can, there's talk that a tour will happen in early 2012. According to rumours passed along to BraveWords.com, the godfathers of heavy metal will be teaming up with fellow UK metal gods JUDAS PRIEST and the legendary MOTÖRHEAD for a tour of North America in the spring, before Sabbath heads over to Europe for the summer festival season in June/July. More news as it develops. No other details are available at this time. Once again, these should be taken as rumours and have not been confirmed by band management.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

I thought Priest was calling it quits, after the scab guitarist tour is over?
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                                I thought Priest was calling it quits, after the scab guitarist tour is over?
                                Yeah, and I thought both The Who and KISS were going away after their so-called "farewell" tours in 1982 and 2000.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...