Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Link

Rick Perry’s bizarre explanation for his bizarre video

Published: 2 November, 2011, 01:28
    Edited: 2 November, 2011, 01:28

So was Rick Perry drunk or stoned during his babbling, hilarious speech he delivered in New Hampshire over the weekend? The jury is still out, but in the meantime the GOP hopeful tells ABC News that there is a good reason for his bizarre behavior.

According to the Republican candidate, he just, well — he was just feeling good, alright?

“It was a great crowd. Good response, and I guess you can do anything you want with a video and make it look any way you want, but I felt good, felt great,” Perry told reporters with ABC today from a Des Moines eatery today. Following his appearance on Sunday in New Hampshire, the presidential hopeful has already retreated to Iowa where the state has been conducting a series of straw polls.

Perry himself looked like he was conducting something, perhaps an imaginary orchestra or a make-believe band of insects as he waved his hands frantically, gestured with enthusiasm and belted out hilarious quotables on Sunday that will be sure to haunt him for what little time is left during his run for the Republican nod. Once a frontrunner, Perry has plunged in the polls in recent weeks, now taking a backseat to pizzaman Herman Cain’s surge in popularity.

Regardless of how the media is making Sunday’s speech out to be (and believe me, they are having a field day), Perry doesn’t seem too bothered by the aftermath which has since left bloggers, pundits and the American public asking “What the Hell was Rick Perry on?”

Perry managed to attract a great deal of criticism following Sunday’s speech, where he offered up such whimsical and brilliant political fodder that only a president could come up with, such as “This is such a cool state — I mean, come on. Live free or die? You gotta love that!”

Perry tried to appeal to the New Hampshire audience by relating his home back in Texas to the local crowd as well. “I come from a state where they had this little place called the Alamo and they declared victory or death,” said Perry. “We’re kinda into those slogans, man. Live free or do; victory or death. Bring it!”

“I think the message got across very well, so it was a good speech,” Perry told reporters at Drake’s Diner earlier today while munching on a veggie rarebit burger alongside Iowa Lieutenant Governor Kim Reynolds .

A veggie rarebit burger? Sounds like someone’s got a case of the munchies.

Following Sunday’s speech, Manchester, New Hampshire Mayor Ted Gatsas described the rant, often punctuated with exaggerated arm motions, squinty-eyed smiles and double-thumbs up as “different.”

“The governor is passionate about the issues he talks about,” a Perry spokesperson responded after the event.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The game plan of changing corporate culture including that of the media is occurring.
      Only if the public stops doing business with corporations. I drove by McDonald's last night and there was huge line of cars at the drive through. Until you grow your own food and make your own soap, the corporations have you.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Only if the public stops doing business with corporations. I drove by McDonald's last night and there was huge line of cars at the drive through. Until you grow your own food and make your own soap, the corporations have you.
        I am going to nickname you, Rabbit.
        Your idealism is pandering; it is not adorable. The idealism of all business with all corporations stopping is fantastic.
        On a realistic note, in today's culture purchasing power means little, though it has had a minor effect with the debit cards.
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by standin
          I am going to nickname you, Rabbit.
          Your idealism is pandering; it is not adorable. The idealism of all business with all corporations stopping is fantastic.
          On a realistic note, in today's culture purchasing power means little, though it has had a minor effect with the debit cards.
          Purchasing power means a lot. On the debit cards those banks are broke. The only thing keeping them afloat is the Federal Reserve and the government allowing them to artificially exist. Most those banks are upside down in derivative debt. I still don't know what your solution is. Do you really think this Occupy Wall Street thing has any substance to it? Angry people hitting a drum does nothing.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I don't know, it seemed to me on more than one occasion during that speech he slurred his words.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

He probably needs a few drinks to function. It's off the booze he probably shakes and stutters.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                pRick was either shitfaced in New Hampshire, or he's really taking his Chimpy 2.0 role seriously. Because that's who he looks like in those clips.
                "Hopped up" is more like it. The jerky motor coordination, spastic animation, and fish-speak are always a dead giveaway.
                I've been around the drug culture for far too long not to recognize when someone's gakked out.

Maybe if he had been drinking, it would've taken the edge off of it, but I'm tellin' ya'.....that cowboy was fuckin' frosted!!
                Last edited by hambon4lif; 11-02-2011, 04:08 PM. Reason: "Snowblind"- Styx

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The dude also comes off as exactly half George W. Bush and half Mitt Romney. He looks like Mitt and acts and sounds like Dubya. That's some scary shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                    "Hopped up" is more like it. The jerky motor coordination, spastic animation, and fish-speak are always a dead giveaway.
                    I've been around the drug culture for far too long not to recognize when someone's gakked out.

Maybe if he had been drinking, it would've taken the edge off of it, but I'm tellin' ya'.....that cowboy was fuckin' frosted!!
                    Bush probably gave him some of the best flake out of the CIA stash pile.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Perry is really making miss the lucidness, sanity that was Michelle Bachmann...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif

Yeah I agree, I don't think he was on booze there.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/XxjJ9QMjHzo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/XxjJ9QMjHzo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

With all these candidates like Palin, Perry and Bachman it's not just appalling that they are potential presidential candidates the really shocking thing is that they have already been voted into other offices like governor.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

well, it was a good run, Rick

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

He really is Chimpy 2.0. But considering Cain is about to impale himself on his own extra sausage (that he's been passing around to women at conventions) I don't think being a fucking idiot is enough to disqualify pRick from the "anybody but that damn Mormon cultist" crowd in the GOP.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...