Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Rick Perry Thread

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But that's cities NOT states.

Also how is Texas the biggest state when California has a much bigger population and Alaska is far far bigger in area?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Yeah no shit. So the best the Post could come up with is that huh? If that is the only dirt slung on this guy I would be very surprised. Someone is going to have to do better than that before I throw him to the side. Here's the deal. I see 3 players right now, Romney, Bachman or Perry. Bachman is out in my book she has no chance. So that leaves me with 2. Of those 2 right now I like Perry but it's still early.
    The completely shocking thing about this is that in a country of 300 million those are the choices.

I can't think of a democratic system that functions more poorly these days.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    But that's cities NOT states.

Also how is Texas the biggest state when California has a much bigger population and Alaska is far far bigger in area?
    True. I have not found any data on just states. The EPA web site is a joke.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In millions of metric tons:

Texas: 688
    California: 394
    Pennsylvania: 275
    Ohio: 262
    Florida: 256

The Measure of America: American Human Development Report 2008-2009, a Colombia/SSRC book

I'm not sure it's a useful argument anyway. If California imports its power from Texas then it's meaningless. What you need to do is look at the policies.

Perry has a moronic ignorance of climate science at odds with almost every scientist in the field including those at the good Texas universities.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In millions of metric tons:

Texas: 688
    California: 394
    Pennsylvania: 275
    Ohio: 262
    Florida: 256

The Measure of America: American Human Development Report 2008-2009, a Colombia/SSRC book

I'm not sure it's a useful argument anyway. If California imports its power from Texas then it's meaningless. What you need to do is look at the policies.

Perry has a moronic ignorance of climate science at odds with almost every scientist in the field including those at the good Texas universities.
    Fuck you can't fart in California without running the gas through a smog device. It's been that way for decades. Anyway I am not one of those that thinks the climate is huge issue. I think most places in the US are about as clean as you can expect. Climate will not be an issue I take into account in the primary.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Texas Governor Rick Perry enters the 2012 presidential race greeted by polls suggesting he is a serious contender for the Republican nomination.

Here are five fast facts on Rick Perry:

1. Perry was a yell leader at Texas A&M University. It's a much sought-after position and an early indication of Perry's political aspirations.

2. He used to be a Democrat. Perry was elected to a West Texas state House seat in 1984 as a Democrat and even served as Al Gore's Texas chairman during the 1988 presidential race. He switched to the GOP in 1989.3. Perry's first statewide office in Texas was as Agriculture Commissioner. Expect him to remind Iowa voters of that fact early and often given the state's farming-based economy.

4. Perry is the longest serving governor in the country currently. He took office in December 2000 after George W. Bush was elected president and won a third full term in 2010. That means a long record to run on -- or from.

5. Perry is a big believer in states' right and the 10th amendment. He once floated the idea that Texas could secede if the federal government kept overstepping its bounds.

Rick Perry is a naturally charismatic politician whose political base in Texas could make him formidable. His challenge is selling himself to an electorate still weary from the last Texas governor who ran for president.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    6. He's a creationist (moron)
    7. He doesn't believe in climate change despite all evidence to the contrary including his own state melting. (moron)
    8. He's of retirement age already

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    6. He's a creationist (moron)
    7. He doesn't believe in climate change despite all evidence to the contrary including his own state melting. (moron)
    8. He's of retirement age already
    He's worse than just a creationist...Dominionists are beyond F'ed in the head. Sorry, I think wanting to destroy the US is treasonous, while (P)Rick is throwing that term around...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The more folks here ridicule, put down, and disagree with him the better the more I think he’s the man.

That could change though. Like I said it's early yet.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The last time we had a gong-ho Texan the country was sent spiraling into a depression!! Surplus to deficits, Unfunded wars, millions of jobs lost etc!!

And you knew it was coming, saying the President doesn't love this country blah blah blah, birth certificate, grades etc is next!!

And speaking of, it's ok to question the Presidents grades but when Perrys grades were brought up, why are people discussing his grades from yrs ago?! Ummm What...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    The last time we had a gong-ho Texan the country was sent spiraling into a depression!! Surplus to deficits, Unfunded wars, millions of jobs lost etc!!

And you knew it was coming, saying the President doesn't love this country blah blah blah, birth certificate, grades etc is next!!

And speaking of, it's ok to question the Presidents grades but when Perrys grades were brought up, why are people discussing his grades from yrs ago?! Ummm What...
    We also had a little problem on 9/11 which set the tone of his Presidency. I voted against him in his second term. Twice now I voted for a Democrat. I will never do that again for this office.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The more folks here ridicule, put down, and disagree with him the better the more I think he’s the man.

So what you're basically saying is "The more credible evidence brought forth showing he's a dim-witted, completely delusional zealot fucktard, the more I realize HE SPEAKS TO ME...." Idiot.

Way to be a 9/11 Bush apologist too...did your parents have any kids that LIVED??

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Really, So President Obama must be the man also than because he's been hated on since day one?!!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    So what you're basically saying is "The more credible evidence brought forth showing he's a dim-witted, completely delusional zealot fucktard, the more I realize HE SPEAKS TO ME...." Idiot.

Way to be a 9/11 Bush apologist too...did your parents have any kids that LIVED??
    No that's not what I said. Close one eye and read that again.

I am not surprised you took it that way though.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    Really, So President Obama must be the man also than because he's been hated on since day one?!!
    Not here.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Could" change...would that be before of after stuff starts flying out of your ass?

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah no shit. So the best the Post could come up with is that huh? If that is the only dirt slung on this guy I would be very surprised. Someone is going to have to do better than that before I throw him to the side.

Here's the deal. I see 3 players right now, Romney, Bachman or Perry. Bachman is out in my book she has no chance. So that leaves me with 2. Of those 2 right now I like Perry but it's still early.
    "Could" change...would that be before of after stuff starts flying out of your ass?
    Why do have to keep repeating myself today?

I thought you would be glad I had thrown Bachman out....

On a side note I was watching PMSNBC last night and the Mexicans are pissed at Obama now and apprently so are many of his black supporters.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down Yeah, today in the 'racist report'....

On a side note I was watching PMSNBC last night and the Mexicans are pissed at Obama now and apprently so are many of his black supporters.
    Got so excited you had to go rub one out, didn't ya....

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Got so excited you had to go rub one out, didn't ya....
    It was funny. I am not familiar with all those shows or I would try to find it.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder if Perry gets in and has a real "W" of a presidency, if Oliver Stone will get Brolin to play his sorry ass. He looks more like him then he looked like Dubbya. I'm voting for DLR. F all these clowns. Do you think any of them could write a song like Elephant Gun? No fucking way.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Perry should have played Chimp in the movie. Since that's what he seems to be doing anyway. We don't need Chimpy 2.0

Or anyone else even remotely associated with the BCE, for that matter.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To be honest I've never been there but Texas always struck me as odd.

Who defines themselves as their finest hour as being fucking slaughtered for stealing some land?

Remember the Ass Kicking?

Must be some Scottish Americans involved to celebrate misery like that.

Very odd.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GOP candidates as Simpsons characters

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Rick Perry wants to change the constitution..

2. Congress should have the power to override Supreme Court decisions with a two-thirds vote.

Ending lifetime tenure for federal justices isn't the only way Perry has proposed suppressing the power of the courts. His book excoriates at length what he sees as overreach from the judicial branch. (The title of Chapter Six is "Nine Unelected Judges Tell Us How to Live.")

Giving Congress the ability to veto their decisions would be another way to take the Court down a notch, Perry says.

"[A]llow Congress to override the Supreme Court with a two-thirds vote in both the House and Senate, which risks increased politicization of judicial decisions, but also has the benefit of letting the people stop the Court from unilaterally deciding policy," he writes.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...131634517.html
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, a hypothetical scenario...

lets say congress is over taken by a bunch of facist religious zealots, and during the time period of this a bunch of issues are brought up such as Gay Marriage, Religion, Discrimination in the Work Place, You name it.

And instead of having judges who's job it is to ensure that the constitution is never violated even if it is to protect complete assfucks like Westboro Baptist Church. He'd rather have a law that could go very much against the Founders original intent and maybe lead us on a road that would make Nazi Germany seem like Canada.

....holy fucking shit.....

That is frightening.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hate to agree with that Dominionazi Chimpy wannabe about anything, but being able to overturn a Supreme Court decision wouldn't be such a bad thing.

If we could have overturned the Felonious Florida Five decision of 12/12/2000, we might have prevented 9/11. We definitely would have prevented the Iraq war from ever happening.

And Shittyzens United would have been dead within a week of the day Opie Roberts passed it. Except Opie would have never been on the Supreme Court once the Florida Fraud was overturned, so Shittyzens United wouldn't have even made it that far.

Fact is that judges violate the Constitution now. Those two decisions prove it. I'll never vote for Prick Perry, but this idea might be willing to look at.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dunno, I'm mixed on the idea. I'd say a better approach would be 3/4 congress + presidential signature. There are a lot of problems with the idea, though.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, the whole idea of three branches of government and separation of powers was that one branch could never be more powerful than the other two. This works well when a President can veto Congress, or if a 2/3 majority of Congress can override a veto.

But who can reverse a horrible Supreme Court decision? Right now, nobody

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sambru View Post
    I have not found any data in my empty skull. My drug spam web site is a joke.
    Thanks for the honesty, bot

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dirt on Rick Perry

Heard this guy, who called into an Austin texas radio show,KLBJ fm on Fri morn.
    He said he was 100% sure that bible thumper Perry has
    had plenty of women and men too!
    He has placed a full page ad in the Austin Chronicle asking for people to tell their Rick Perry stories.
    http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...orrowadbig.jpg
    Last edited by dazzlindino; 08-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I get your point, but by that same token, people can't overturn other decisions they didn't like (roe v wade, etc) just because they were unpopular. I'm a little nervous about a world where you can just elect new representation and get whatever decision you don't like overturned.

I'd be more afraid of putting that through, if I were you, given how your party likes to give in to the republicans so much.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    a gmail address and everything!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It seems to be a popular thing in politics these days, to change constitutions. It's been happening here,as well.

I'm actually scared.

There's the result of years of understanding & tolerance.

Spoiled cunts who'll stop at nothing to have their way.

We're fucked.

Cheers! :bottle:

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    should there be elements of the constitution that should be changed?

sure, not arguing that.

But less and less of the power needs to be held by those in the government and more needs to be held in the arms of the American People.

I don't like the idea of a bunch of people who can easily be bought off, holding power over whether or not we the american people should have rights.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Actual picture from Perryprayapalooza.....

Remind you of anything.......
    I looked at the empty seats and thought the VanSam tour of '04.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why do have to keep repeating myself today?

:
    Because we scroll past your posts.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    But who can reverse a horrible Supreme Court decision? Right now, nobody
    Congress is always free to pass new legislation. It happens all the time when a legislative body is unhappy with a particular judicial decision.

Keep in mind that the judiciary has no independent enforcement mechanism.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    Because we scroll past your posts.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Prick Perry!

He took money to force young girls to take gardasil. He sounds like Bush. He pretends to be a Christian and he pretends to be Ron Paul. Fuck that Prick!

Thread Information