Thread: Owned & Operated

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Lightbulb Owned & Operated

Owned & Operated is a mosaic of the world through the lens of the internet. Showing our lives as consumers, under the thumbs of privileged individuals and their methods of control. But the world is awakening, and the experience is something outside the normal rules of social interaction, causing excitement in those who are not served by the current system... and fear in those who are pampered by it.

This documentary attempts to present these events using the video, audio and written content uploaded to the internet by the collective human consciousness comprised of every individual participant.

Oh yes, change is coming... and it will be more dramatic than anybody can imagine.

--------

This s a not-for-profit project, but we're attempting to use the film as a springboard to bring together other activist minded creative professionals and build a community online that fosters the development of resources needed for individuals to create higher quality awareness minded media projects in the future. The community forum is located at http://www.CrackinFilms.com.

Link to our forum: http://www.CrackinFilms.com/forum/

We're looking for more people to help translate subtitles for us, if you're willing and able, please check out the thread below for more information.

Link to the subtitle thread: http://www.crackinfilms.com/forum/vi...4&sid=a2b8b351...

Subtitle project:
    http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en...wned-operated/
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I got 15 minutes into it... still wondering where is this thing going?

A documentary on current consumerism, reality TV exploiting stupid, and the haves and have nots... Don't have the time to watch all this. So I got to ask what's the change that's alluded to?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Usually the people who sell a class war will be the first to put you under their thumb as soon as they get into power. The history of the world follows a anarchy to tyranny to anarchy cycle. Some of the worst despots build things with the most wonderful sounding names like The People's Palace and The People's Park when really the people are just slaves and the ones who voiced a differing opinion are either dead or being worked to death in a camp.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    it's a Blaze thread, you expected something coherent?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

A documentary on current consumerism, reality TV exploiting stupid, and the haves and have nots... Don't have the time to watch all this. So I got to ask what's the change that's alluded to?
    and it will be more dramatic than anybody can imagine.

I chose that statement to stimulate the watching of the documentary “Own & Operated” because indeed the sheer rate that technology is changing humanity is Brobdingnagian. The fact that the definition of Brobdingnagian is at your fingertips examples the vastness of knowledge availed to society today. Something that was science fiction when the Beatles composed the song Revolution.

The documentary featuring TED, The Occupy Movement, Anonymous, The Zeitgeist Movement, The Venus Project, and our humanity lightly brushes the surface of many areas that are bringing changes to the very core of human society, including the destructive aspects.

The documentary is divided in to parts. One of the areas covers or highlights open-source knowledge. Something I am on the fence about. I value copyright and such things. However, I can see where open-source is 100% vital.

Owned & Operated points to humanity's evolution that is becoming humanity's revolution.

The documentary does not give a direction, but rather presents a small quantity of technological tools availed at this moment of history that provide a dynamic of human ingenuity. And strongly points out how quickly humanity's tools are growing.

What it lacks, however, is tools on how to address the psychopathy and corruption that permeates within certain segments of the global, regional, and local leadership... But perhaps it does, by excluding and leaving behind that segment of society.

Owned & Operated is thought provoking and maybe even painful for some.
    Last edited by Blaze; 08-08-2012 at 08:25 AM.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Usually the people who sell a class war will be the first to put you under their thumb as soon as they get into power. The history of the world follows a anarchy to tyranny to anarchy cycle. Some of the worst despots build things with the most wonderful sounding names like The People's Palace and The People's Park when really the people are just slaves and the ones who voiced a differing opinion are either dead or being worked to death in a camp.
    Leaving behind ill-fitting society criterion is not class warfare.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    That sums it up pretty well...

I can only chuckle at these visionary geniuses thinking drastic change is on it's way. I've been reading Christianity the First 3000 years by Diarmaid MacCulloch. It reminded me just how little our proud advanced society hasn't changed. Even the mighty USA has it's culture and government still entrenched in ancient Greek, Egyptian and Roman models.

The idea of conquest has shifted slightly as we've run out of land to grab. But it hasn't stopped us from warring with other countries and cultures. Just the spin angle has shifted. We justify sending our warriors to conquer another outfit under the disguise that we're cleaning up their "Bad Guys". But instead of raising our flag in victory... we let them keep theirs and we instill our culture and value system.

Even many of the historical triggers for conflict remain the same... most people think the key to the Arab Spring movement was those people just getting fed up with the tyrannies that abused them. But in reality the trigger was much more simple and primitive... The people weren't fed up... they weren't getting fed. The 2010 corn and grain shortages combined with steep increases in demand drove up the cost to feed the world globally... Hungry people can become pissed off people real quick. Especially when the economic scales are totally imbalanced.

The Occupy Movement wasn't even a movement... looked more like a rerun of 1967 sit in's from the Hippie movement. Only lacking any form of cause or direction on what those people wanted. The Summer of Love didn't accomplish much but it did shift the national tide over the Vietnam war. Plus everyone got high and got laid... The Occupy Wall Street thing didn't accomplish anything except giving CNN & Fox news a new band of idiots to cover... and Wall Street something to snicker at...

Real change is going come slowly and the first arena is mindsets... clearly there's no emerging unified mindset on planet Earth trending positively.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That sums it up pretty well...

I can only chuckle at these visionary geniuses thinking drastic change is on it's way. I've been reading Christianity the First 3000 years by Diarmaid MacCulloch. It reminded me just how little our proud advanced society hasn't changed. Even the mighty USA has it's culture and government still entrenched in ancient Greek, Egyptian and Roman models.

The idea of conquest has shifted slightly as we've run out of land to grab. But it hasn't stopped us from warring with other countries and cultures. Just the spin angle has shifted. We justify sending our warriors to conquer another outfit under the disguise that we're cleaning up their "Bad Guys". But instead of raising our flag in victory... we let them keep theirs and we instill our culture and value system.

Even many of the historical triggers for conflict remain the same... most people think the key to the Arab Spring movement was those people just getting fed up with the tyrannies that abused them. But in reality the trigger was much more simple and primitive... The people weren't fed up... they weren't getting fed. The 2010 corn and grain shortages combined with steep increases in demand drove up the cost to feed the world globally... Hungry people can become pissed off people real quick. Especially when the economic scales are totally imbalanced.

The Occupy Movement wasn't even a movement... looked more like a rerun of 1967 sit in's from the Hippie movement. Only lacking any form of cause or direction on what those people wanted. The Summer of Love didn't accomplish much but it did shift the national tide over the Vietnam war. Plus everyone got high and got laid... The Occupy Wall Street thing didn't accomplish anything except giving CNN & Fox news a new band of idiots to cover... and Wall Street something to snicker at...

Real change is going come slowly and the first arena is mindsets... clearly there's no emerging unified mindset on planet Earth trending positively.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...
    You left out a key point, ZahZoo, of all that span of history you speak of in your discourse, there is a difference. Today we have computing power and communication abilities, which only could be dreamed of even as recent as the Summer of Love. Advancement in human evolution, except save for a catastrophic calamity, is not going away. Technology that supersedes the speed of the Concord. Technology that makes phones comparable to tin cans and string. A collective knowledge of infinite proportions are at our finger tips.

It was exampled in Libya that even if the backbone of the internet is lost, DIY can build a subnet.
    But beyond that tool, the way humanity is learning to learn is changing.

Your world that you remember no longer exists, ZahZoo.

When the printing press came forth, there was attempts to control it. But one cannot control knowledge. Our most basic shared story of life speaks on it. ---
    If God set the way for the temptation of knowledge (the tree of knowledge story from Eden), other than being good stewards what are we but clay in the hands of The Truth and time?
    Last edited by Blaze; 08-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, and ZahZoo, it is not was not the one praying for the Monsanto corn bags that rose up. The ones being corn fed are still too weak.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    You left out a key point, ZahZoo, of all that span of history you speak of in your discourse, there is a difference. Today we have computing power and communication abilities, which only could be dreamed of even as recent as the Summer of Love. Advancement in human evolution, except save for a catastrophic calamity, is not going away. Technology that supersedes the speed of the Concord. Technology that makes phones comparable to tin cans and string. A collective knowledge of infinite proportions are at our finger tips.

It was exampled in Libya that even if the backbone of the internet is lost, DIY can build a subnet.
    But beyond that tool, the way humanity is learning to learn is changing.

Your world that you remember no longer exists, ZahZoo.

When the printing press came forth, there was attempts to control it. But one cannot control knowledge. Our most basic shared story of life speaks on it. ---
    If God set the way for the temptation of knowledge (the tree of knowledge story from Eden), other than being good stewards what are we but clay in the hands of The Truth and time?
    Yes Blaze, we have all the technology and are far more interconnected globally than ever before. Please don't attempt to preach technology to me... my career in IT most likely exceeds your lifetime. So my world exists far more than you can imagine.

A few corrections... "A collective knowledge of infinite proportions are at our finger tips." Wrong... a disjointed collection of "information" of infinite proportions is at our fingertips. Unprocessed information is NOT knowledge. I believe the consensus has not been reached yet that having all this information has done anything to increase overall knowledge in any measurable way.

Just because you can navigate a search engine doesn't mean you have any more intellect in your head... in reality, studies are showing an advanced evolution occurring in the way humans learn, store, retain, and process information today with all these wonders of technology. The results don't really indicate anyone is getting smarter... may actually be trending completely the opposite.

Short term memory capacity is on a rapid increase... long term memory retention is on a rapid decrease. Used to be one would have to study, experience and research a subject to retain detailed knowledge in their brain. Today with the ease of access to information we are not absorbing complex knowledge as before... but rather making unconscious short term memory references to the URL or Google search string that the information is stored at.

There's not enough evidence to know exactly where this will take human brain development and knowledge... When we encounter a challenge or problem to solve... in the recent past we drew upon long term stored information in our brains to formulate solutions and calculate variances. Today people don't sit and think things out they hop on a PC or smart phone google up something and either find a quick answer (right or wrong) or confuse the fuck out of themselves with too many variables or solutions to make an educated choice. I can't say any of this is making anyone smarter...

That scenario only covers people motivated to get off their ass and do something in life... now the rest of the village idiots have 24/7 access to mindless bullshit via technology and connectivity. They wouldn't be on a knowledge quest without it... but I believe they are worse off with it as they have less incentive to interact with the real world and become even more disconnected lost wandering in the virtual world. That is scary when you dig deep...

Technology is unlocking wondrous things... but it's also proliferating elements that are taking people away from real life and doing productive things with their time. If we can position the technology to handle the small stuff and free our beautiful limitless brains to achieve great things then yes... big change can occur. But we have to go way past Angry Birds and Twitter to start doing something intelligent with all this stuff...

Maybe next post we can discuss the weaponization of this technology... that's also in play...

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Indeed...
    I have a drawer full of files I have to scan and digitize. I would like to venture into the weaponization subject. I will meditate on it while doing robot work.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the weaponization of this technology...
    Ahh...
    I use it every day as a weapon, I think that things are going fine.

Thread Information