Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Saw that Crossfire thing earlier. Brilliant!

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

OK. I think some of you know these guys from back in the day. What's the deal?

Who writes their bits? And where did they get their improv training? There's clearly a mix of both. Always cracks me up.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think they write their own bits, you don't need to be trained to be funny. In fact better not to be.

They've just announced a UK tour supporting Crue and Def Leppard!!!

Ideally the running order would be the reverse to make it easier to skip DL but that's the way it goes...

Comment

• High Life Man
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

You gonna go?

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Of course, if it doesn't sell out right away!

I flew to London to see them last time. I could live without seeing Def Leppard again. I've also been boycotting Crue since they did a shortened set here for the Dr Feelgood tour so they could fuck off home early on the last night of the tour. I guess 20 years is long enough.

The funny thing of course is the prescient lyrics of 'Death to all but metal'
            Where is Def Leppard?
            Where is Motley Crue?
            My main worry is the show being ruined for me because of my obsessiveness about bands using tapes 'live'.

Crue and Leppard are high on the suspicion list for it...

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Cool. Looking forward to a review.

I saw them in Chicago a month or so ago - they only sang one new song: Critter.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Tickets sorted.

If anyone wants to hook up for a party I'll be the the fairly drunk guy leaving with the inexplicably attractive girls during Love Bites...

Comment

• High Life Man
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

17 Girls In A Row

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Wham to the Bam to the Thank You M'am
                    and I was praisin' the Lord like Billy Graham

Fuckin' CLASSIC!!

Comment

• High Life Man
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

The pilot that didn't get picked up by Comedy Central.

Comment

• High Life Man
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

STEEL PANTHER GOES BALLS OUT

Sophomore Album Slated For Release On November 1st Via Universal Republic Records

(October 7, 2011 – New York, NY) – The legends of the Sunset Strip, Steel Panther, are getting ready to release their sophomore album Balls Out via Universal Republic Records. The album will be released on November 1st and will continue the raucous tradition of the band’s 2009 debut, Feel The Steel. The latest album features 14 soon to be classics such as “Just Like Tiger Woods,” ”“Gold Digging Whore” and “Weenie Ride.” The album also features cameos by Dane Cook on the album opener “In The Future” and Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and Extreme axeman Nuno Bettencourt show up on an instant classic, “It Won’t Suck Itself.” Balls Out was produced by Grammy nominated producer/mixer Jay Ruston who produced the band’s Feel The Steel debut and is known for his work with Anthrax, Meatloaf, The Donnas and Morrissey to name a few.

The first single from Balls Out is “17 Girls In A Row” and will be impacting at radio over the next few weeks. The song showcases the band’s ability to write memorable hooks while mixing them with their signature style lyrics like “I banged 17 girls in a grocery store and never lost my erection.” With its driving opening drum beat and infectious guitar riff, “17 Girls In A Row” will be sure to heat up rock airwaves and give it a much needed kick in the balls – no pun intended.

Steel Panther was, for a long time, rock’s best-kept secret: a cult legend on the LA scene. But in recent years due to the success of their debut, the band has enjoyed huge acclaim from fans and peers alike. At sell-out club shows in Hollywood and Las Vegas, Steel Panther has been joined on stage by rock and roll icons such as Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Paul Stanley of KISS, Corey Taylor of Slipknot, Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave, Chester Bennington of Linkin Park and Green Day to name a few. Across the Atlantic, the band has shared arena stages with ZZ Top and rocked an audience of 30,000 at the UK’s Download festival. In Germany, Feel The Steel was proclaimed ‘Best Debut Album’ at the Metal Hammer awards. The band will be heading out on a UK tour with Def Leppard and Motley Crue in December before coming back to start a nationwide tour of the US in 2012.

Steel Panther is Michael Starr (vocals), Satchel (guitar), Lexxi Foxx (bass) and Stix Zadinia (drums).

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by binnie
                          I guess you could have a drummer with no arms......
                          I wish I could thank you more than once... Just reviewing this thread and totally LOL'd at this one - again!! classic man!
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Interesting cover, wonder if some US stores will refuse to stock it.

Not that many people buy albums in stores any more...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Review: "Balls Out" - It's a fucking good time!
                              News - New Album
                              Written by Kevin
                              Sunday, 16 October 2011 22:26
                              BALLS OUT

Release Dates

JP: 10.21.11 UK: 10.31.11
                              US: 11.01.11

Special Appearances

Nuno Bettencourt - Guitar
                              Joe Lester - Backing Vocals
                              Chad Kroeger - Vocals

Bonus Tracks

"Handicapped Slut" (JP only)
                              "Do You Wanna Do Me" (JP only)

Label

Universal Music

More Info

Produced & Mixed by Jay Ruston
                              Runtime: 47 minutes

When I first discovered Feel the Steel , the more I listened, the more it rocked and I already see that same pattern developing with Balls Out.

Balls Out has everything you would want on a Steel Panther record; offensive and fun sing along choruses that you’ll have memorized within a matter of seconds, clever and brilliant lyrics, sexual metaphors, riffs that will make your neck swore, at least seven or eight singles that will make Billboard’s “Hot 100” and music that genuinely rocks.

Balls Out is kind of like the movie Memento or The Big Lebowski where you watch it once, and you’re thinking “Damn, that movie kicked ass,” and because it kicked that much ass, you watch it for a second time and now you’re saying to yourself, “What the hell? I can’t believe I missed that, now I get it! This movie kicks even more ass!” Balls Out has a similar effect – the more you listen, the more it rocks and you pick up on subtleties you didn’t notice the first time around.

Yeah, that’s the Balls Out listening experience in a nut-shell.

But is Balls Out better than Feel the Steel ? Feel the Steel also shares the qualities mentioned above so which is better?

Well, let’s check it out:

“In the Future” (1:28)

Balls Out kicks-off with an intro track called “Into the Future” that features a futuristic voice over by Dane Cook. Penile impregnation pills and pussy are the subject matter here. Mötley Crüe’s “In the Beginning” says hi.

“Supersonic Sex Machine” (3:10)

"Supersonic Sex Machine" sets the tone right away with an opening riff that’s heavier than the chicks Stix bangs. Panther wastes no time getting your adrenaline flowing, your head banging and your pussy w… It’s definitely one of the fastest songs Panther has ever done, maybe the fastest?

“Just Like Tiger Woods” (3:41)

Lyrically, “Just Like Tiger Woods” might be the strongest song on the record. It’ll have you grinning and singing along in a matter of seconds. The sound is unquestionably true to the 80’s hair metal genre. If there’s one thing to take away from this record, it’s that “three holes are better than a hole in one.” Tiger will be proud.

“17 Girls in a Row” (3:41)

Ah, “17 Girls in a Row.” Most of us have already heard “17 Girls in a Row” on the radio or downloaded the single from iTunes, but let’s take a quick look at this killer tune anyway.

“17 Girls in a Row” is Balls Out’s head bang special with a sound similar to Mötley Crüe’s “Dr. Feelgood” and a riff heavy enough to bend steel. I can’t wait to hear it live - I'll be putting up fists of metal.

“If You Really Really Love Me” (2:25)

Again, another track we are already familiar with and really really love. As mentioned earlier, “Just Like Tiger Woods" might be the strongest song in terms of lyrics, but the line “Don’t whine when I put it in your booty or if I’m up all night playin’ Call of Duty” is the single best line on the record, but that’s just my opinion and what the hell do I know?

“It Won’t Suck Itself” (2:54)

What the hell? Is that Chad Kroger of Nickelback is singing on the new Panther record? Yes, yes it is and he sounds pretty killer - It’s easily the best song he’s ever done. Seriously, Chad Kroger is the last person on planet earth I’d expect to sing the lyrics, “It won’t suck itself” on a song, yet Panther got him to do it – that’s pretty impressive considering the clean reputation Kroeger holds. Now if your panties are still in a bunch with Kroeger making the album, you’ll be happy to know that it’s Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme pleasuring your ears with the guitar solo. If the message from “It Won’t Suck Itself” doesn’t get a chick on her knees (hot chicks aren’t very smart and might not get it), the double bass drum from Stix will.

“Tomorrow Night” (2:58)

Fuck. Yes.

“Tomorrow Night” is probably my current favorite. Simply because it’s fun as hell to sing along to and it’s the ultimate party anthem. And again we have some more influence from Mötley Crüe here (see “Looks that Kill”). The name drops on this track are classic. Leave it to Panther to fit Kiefer Sutherland, Christopher Walken, Britney Spears and Charlie Sheen all in one song (the Charlie Sheen drop is epic…or should I say, “WINNING!”). “Tomorrow Night” will surely be an early fan favorite and will be cranked at parties everywhere (even if the party is tonight). Please add to your live set list, Panther!

“Why Can’t You Trust Me” (4:01)

This power ballad has a deep message and Michael delivers it perfectly. Michael says what guys everywhere want to say to their chicks, but are afraid to do so. Girls, do your man a favor and listen to this song, otherwise, he might “go Chris Brown and punch you in the neck.”

“That’s What Girls Are For” (3:39)

Hints of Def Lep here. “That’s What Girls Are For” is another song with an important message that all chicks need to listen to. Girls, if you’re ever in doubt on what you should be doing for your man, simply put on Balls Out, skip to track 9 and press play.

“Gold Digging Whore” (3:55)

“Gold Digging Whore” is undeniably the “grocery isle” song on the record. You know, the kind of song you sing while shopping up and down the grocery isle. The riff and solo are bitchin’ as hell, but "Gold Digging Whore" double as an educational tool too. We get awesome group vocals spelling out “G-O-L-D D-I-GG-I-N-G W-H-O-R…………E!” several times on this song – think old school Panther (“I Want Pussy”). You can throw away the Sesame Street DVDs…little Tommy will be able to spell “Gold Digging Whore” in no time!

“I Like Drugs” (4:19)

Here’s a 2-for-1'er. You get a group vocals chorus which is impossible to forget along with a skit a third of the way in with Michael getting pulled over by an officer. No spoiler alerts here, but the skit is pretty entertaining.

“Critter” (3:38)

Yeah! Studio version! I really dig the riff on "Critter," always have. Another track many of us are already familiar with (Panther plays live). “Critter” is definitely a filthy and insulting song, but it’s not the most offensive song on Balls Out - that would be the next song…

“Let me Come In” (3:30)

Needs more cowbell!

This song might eventually be my favorite on the record. Just by looking at title, you can pretty much imagine what it’s about, but the interesting thing about this song is that it gradually gets worst and worst and by worst I mean offensive, dirty, crude and more bitchin'. At first, you’ll think “Pff, this isn’t so bad” but as the song progresses…“Oh, yep, there’s the Panther I know and love.” “Let Me Come In” is without doubt the most offensive song on the record with a memorable riff to boot.

“Ooh yeah, ooh yeah, I give ya somethin’ to chew, yeah”

“Weenie Ride” (4:20)

While writing this review, a fan tweeted me asking what to expect from “Weenie Ride.” I basically told him picture “Home Sweet Home,” but with more heartfelt lyrics and bitchiness. That’s Stix on the piano by the way. I couldn’t think of a more appropriate way to end Balls Out.

So is Balls Out better than Feel the Steel ? Well, some have already stated it is, but whether it is or not, who the hell really cares? Balls Out is Steel Panther at their best and that's all you can really ask for. This album is loud, it rocks and most importantly, it's a fucking good time!

Some will say Feel the Steel is better simply because they received their very first blow job while "Community Property" was playing and that’s a fair argument, but who knows, maybe they'll have their first threesome to "Weenie Ride."

Let’s end it here and if you’ve made it this far, I thank you. I know this is was pretty lengthy review, but honestly, it’s as short as I could possibly make it – there’s so much more to this record that we could talk about.

Thank you Rock and Roll, thank you Heavy Metal, but most importantly, thank you Steel Panther – life would suck without you.

I give Balls Out a score of 51/50.

Comment

• High Life Man
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

I wanna hear the two JP bonus tracks.

Rest of the album is great. "Weenie Ride" had me cracking up while driving. Really funny.

Get this album!

Comment

Working...