The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup thread (2011)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Big Game Tonight.Very Close game Between The All-Blacks and The French.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

The Blacks had Lady Luck on their side. In the context of the entire tournament, however, the right team won.

How come Sonny Bill barely gets a game?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
        Big Game Tonight.Very Close game Between The All-Blacks and The French.
        The All Blacks didn't play well, they looked unexpectedly beatable by the French, who didn't deserve to win though,
        as they were largely defeated by Eire and dominated by Tonga...
        It would have been a hold-up if they'd won the final!

Strange that the Blue nearly made it with their supposedly least good team in 20 years.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          The Blacks had Lady Luck on their side. In the context of the entire tournament, however, the right team won.
          I agree - France had their share of Lady Luck's help in their semi-final, anyway.

I'm still surprised how the NZ team seemed timorous. They'd gone through without any trouble so far... but it's how it goes, sometimes,
          doesn't it?
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

We Are The Best.

4 More Years.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hd68leOH1C4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hd68leOH1C4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

How Dare You.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Beware, Sesh, it can be expensive to challenge that thing!
                  Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Grant
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dan
                    We Are The Best.

4 More Years.
                    Congrats Dan! Glad you guys won it.

(Although I suspect after so many years of not winning you finally decided to pull a Costanza and do 'the Opposite'...stay off the root beer!!)

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                      Yes you are not allowed to challenge an ancient tradition which is almost 6 years old now.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        Hey Now,93% of Kiwi's Thought The Fine Was Bullshit And Went Out To Help Pay The Fine.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Yes you are not allowed to challenge an ancient tradition which is almost 6 years old now.
                          You mean 106 years old, I suppose.

When I saw the Blue walk forward forming that "V", I thought they would regret it looking at the score in the end of the match -
                          anyway, they were not "V"ictorious, so it was just anecdotical, safe it's a bit ridiculous as they didn't win.

That's folklore, and it can be fun, putting a lil spice around the pitch.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                            Hey Now,93% of Kiwi's Thought The Fine Was Bullshit And Went Out To Help Pay The Fine.
                            Here I say 'hats off', Gentlemen!

Would it be the same percentage, though, if the final score had been NZ 7 : 8 France ?

Just asking!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

Working...