X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

(CNN) - Mike Tyson’s latest cannabis edible has a tongue-in-cheek reference to a body part.

The legendary boxer’s gummy products, “Mike Bites,” come in the shape of an ear.

It is a joking reference to Tyson’s infamous 1997 heavyweight championship match against Evander Holyfield. At one point in the fight, Tyson bit off a small chunk of Holyfield’s ear.

Tyson was disqualified immediately afterward, and that moment became one of the most bizarre moments in boxing history.

“These ears actually taste good!” Tyson tweeted about the product.

As for Tyson and Holyfield, they have long reconciled since the fight.

In 2014, when Holyfield made it into the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame, Tyson gave the induction speech.
    Are they flesh flavored?
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Remember kids: Tokers are jokers. Bongs are wrong.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

75-Year-Old Successfully Treats Alzheimer’s Symptoms With Microdoses Of THC

highandpolite.co.uk
              75-Year-Old Successfully Treats Alzheimer’s Symptoms With Microdoses Of THC -

A 75-year-old man has successfully treated his Alzheimer’s symptoms by using daily microdoses of a THC-rich cannabis extract over a 22 month period, a new case study reports.

The man – who was experiencing memory deficit, spatial and temporal disorientation, and limited daily activity – never used more than 1mg of THC per day to achieve the improvements in his symptoms.

The case provides new evidence that cannabinoid microdosing could be effective as an Alzheimer’s disease treatment while preventing major side effects.

“This is an important step toward dissociating cannabinoids’ health-improving effects from potential narcotic-related limitations,” the authors of the study conclude.

Alzheimer’s disease and current treatments

Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease among the elderly. Aging is the main risk factor, and since we have an ageing population, researchers expect Alzheimer’s to be a global epidemic by 2050.

One of the biggest issues is the lack of effective treatments for Alzheimer’s disease. Some scientists even think that Alzheimer’s cannot be fully prevented, slowed down, properly diagnosed, or cured.

Currently, there are two categories of medication approved for Alzheimer’s, which slow disease progression to some degree but do not cure the disease.

The study

The case report, published in Journal of Medical Case Reports, describes how tiny doses of a THC-rich cannabis extract dramatically improved Alzheimer’s disease symptoms in a 75-year-old farmer from Brazil.

After trying a common Alzheimer’s drug and experiencing terrible side effects, the man’s family decided to try a cannabis extract, which they imported as a food supplement.

Scientists tested the extract and confirmed it had a 8:1 ratio of THC to CBD along with trace amounts of CBG, CBN and THCV.

In an attempt to find an optimal dose, the patients tried daily doses between 0.3 micrograms (mg) and 1mg. The most used dose was 0.5mg, which the patient continued to use after the official evaluation and follow-up for the case report ended.

“We tried to titrate the dose up to 1 mg THC, but the most frequent dose was 500 µg THC. The period when the patient was treated with this dose seemed to be the period with higher symptom suppression. This well-known cannabinoid bell-shaped effect was not surprising since it has been previously reported,” the authors report.

The “experimental therapeutic intervention” was introduced two years after the patient was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Over 22 months, the patient’s symptoms were clinically evaluated using Mini-Mental State Examination and Alzheimer’s Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive Subscale.

The results showed that the cannabinoid extract significantly improved clinical scores in both measures. Not only that, symptom amelioration was “rapid” and “robust”.

Long-term improvements

Additionally, testimonials from patient and caregiver highlight other cognitive improvements. As described by the patient himself:

“I used to feel forgetful, not once after the treatment. Sometimes, I did not know where I was, it has not happened to me anymore. I used to find myself lost on the streets, I could not leave home unassisted; today, I took the bus by myself to perform my clinical evaluation.

“Shortly after the beginning of the treatment, I already felt more alert and excited during daily activities, and I have noticed I have been sleeping much better.”

The reduction in symptoms lasted for the entire duration of the study and during follow-ups more than a year after the official report ended – at that point, 42 months after first using the cannabinoid extract.

Possible ways THC could help Alzheimer’s symptoms

The study authors speculate that the primary beneficial effect of low doses of THC on memory/cognition could be down to the cannabinoid giving a compensatory boost to an ageing-impaired endocannabinoid system.

Lots of studies have reported positive cannabinoid effects on Alzheimer’s disease using experimental in vitro and in vivo models (test tube and animal studies). For instance, cannabinoid treatment has been shown to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the brain, as well as increase the growth of new brain cells.

These effects could play a causative and complementary role in the long-term reduction of Alzheimer’s symptoms.

A study from early 2022 also found that cannabinol (CBN) protects neurons from oxidative stress and cell death, two of the major contributors to neurodegenerative disorders.

Conclusion

The study authors find it remarkable how a dose so low is able to consistently improve cognitive and noncognitive symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.

Not only did the cannabis extract microdoses substantially improve the patient’s (and his carers’) quality of life, there were no signs of toxicity or significant side effects.

Without this treatment, he would have faced a choice between his disease deteriorating unattended or suffering from the severe side-effects of a medicine that may only slow the progression of his disease.

While the findings of this case study are unprecedented and very encouraging, the limitations of a one-patient case report, without blinding or placebo group, must be considered.

Read the case report here.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Joe Biden taking "baby steps" towards Federal cannabis "reform"??

Official White House Press Release

As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana. Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Today, I am announcing three steps that I am taking to end this failed approach.

First, I am announcing a pardon of all prior Federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana. I have directed the Attorney General to develop an administrative process for the issuance of certificates of pardon to eligible individuals. There are thousands of people who have prior Federal convictions for marijuana possession, who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My action will help relieve the collateral consequences arising from these convictions.

Second, I am urging all Governors to do the same with regard to state offenses. Just as no one should be in a Federal prison solely due to the possession of marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances. This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic.

Finally, even as federal and state regulation of marijuana changes, important limitations on trafficking, marketing, and under-age sales should stay in place.

Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.

------------------------------------------------------------------
                Of course what he should do is just fucking legalize it already, but at least it's a start....
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Big money seems to likeJoe's statement....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The one thing Biden did NOT address in his statement was the ability of weed stores in "legal" states to use the same type of banking services that any other retail business can use. Because of the federal prohibition, they have had to remain cash-only businesses, which makes them targets for armed robbery.

The sensible solution to that would be just remove the federal prohibition altogether, and allow the states to handle it just like they did when alcohol prohibition ended. Most will sell weed legally, some will refuse to. Others will have "dry counties" with no dispensaries. As the map of Washington I posted previously shows, we still have 2 such "dry counties" in this state, despite being one of the first two states to legalize weed. Just as it is with booze sales, if those counties want to lose business to neighboring counties, that's up to them, but let's get rid of Nixon's racist "war on drugs" once and for all.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

If we made everything legal you just lay low for awhile until all the violent people kill each other off and the stupid people die in accidents. Darwin at work. What would be left are smart and responsible people. Society would improve.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This should have been done the minute Obama was elected.

How could you have people in jail, especially those put away forever by the sick 3 and out rule, when the president freely admits to doing exactly what they did?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I find it still odd and fascinating traveling to states where weed is legal...

On a recent trip to California I noted that the place seems overrun with skunks, constantly smelling them. But they've evolved there... normally silent creatures, they make an odd sound similar to a Bic lighter now...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              This should have been done the minute Obama was elected.

How could you have people in jail, especially those put away forever by the sick 3 and out rule, when the president freely admits to doing exactly what they did?
                              Because Obama was a corrupt politician like most of them. Rules for thee but not for me. Our current Vice President was notorious for sending people to prison for minor pot violations. You can't tell me she ain't on edibles the way she giggles.

Anyways Red Light/Blue Light. Oh vote for this party and all will be fixed. Ha! Ha! Ha! They are all the same. Dubya loves Obama. All hugs and kisses. Get a clue. Pro Wrestling all the way. The system is rigged.

If you are an outsider not in the club, you will get dogpiled on by both the Democrat and Republican Parties. I have no idea why people can't see it. It's obvious.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Biden is just doing pre-election tricks. Letting some pot heads off the hook gives the Dems a bit of a boost in the election or they hope it does. He pissed Thomas Chong off though. He did a year in federal prison for sending a bong over state lines through the mail. He did the time and got no vote boost pardon, Life is a bitch.

Comment

Working...